2020-2021 Application Cycle

8 minutes ago, alysd said:

Gotcha! That’s great. Good luck! 

I was referring to getting an email for initial app review. I know a lot of folks are still waiting. Crossing fingers. 

Thank you! Good luck to you as well! 

2 minutes ago, shannon29 said:

i also got an email today that my supplemental app is under review

That's good to hear! Good luck!

• Thanks 1

On 11/18/2020 at 7:11 PM, oxyjen said:

Thank you for your words of encouragement! No timeline was provided in the email I got which is why I'm scouring this forum haha. Seems like timeline varies for everyone though. 

Hi Alden,

I am the current VP for the PA class. In my experience, I waited about 3-4 months to hear back from the school between supplemental and interview. I was asked for a supplemental in Nov/Dec, and Asked to interview in the middle part of February. It is an agonizing wait, but it was worth it! I hope this is helpful.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2021 at 3:14 PM, atlas said:

I submitted my supplemental the firs week of November, have not heard anything since.

Hi Atlas,

I am the current VP for the first year PA class. In my experience, I submitted my supplemental around the same time you did and wasn't offered an interview until mid - late February. The school is small and the administrators have been swamped making changes constantly because of COVID, so I am sure they are taking a little extra time. That being said they all really put a lot of time and energy into the applications and interviews so I am sure they are prioritizing your applications as well. Try to be patient, you should hear back from them in the next few weeks.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 1/5/2021 at 1:15 PM, Candiceprepa said:

I applied in July, received an supplemental invite in November. Haven’t heard anything since.

Hi Candice,

I am the current VP for the PA class. Check out my most recent posts in this thread regarding timelines. I would expect to hear back some time in the next few weeks, this delay is normal.

On 12/22/2020 at 9:20 PM, futurePAfromNJ said:

Anyone from previous cycles know if they interview by groups. For example, send out a group of interviews in October, then November, then December?

Also, how long after people submit their secondary app, did they hear something?

Hey Future PA,

I am the current VP for the PA class here at Touro. In my experience, they do interviews in groups, though I believe they are multiple times in a month, maybe one or two. Most interviews will happen this year, they always interview on the later side. 

I submitted my secondary app sometime in late November, early December, and didn't get invited to my interview until February for a March interview. In my case, the interview was pushed to April because of quarantine. After the interview, they get back to you within a matter of days and Grace, our program director, calls you with the news.

I hope this was helpful. It is a long process, but you're not alone.

• Like 1

Hello Everyone,

I apologize that this forum has not been updated much from this account. This account belongs to the current VP for the first year class here at Touro. We change hands in the middle of the Fall term and things get transferred gradually.

Apologies aside, I wanted to let everyone know that if they have any questions about the application process, school, or anything else Touro that they can message me and I will try my best to have an answer to you by the end of the week. I will be checking this account once a week on weeks without a major exam, so I will try to be available to you as a resource going forward. That being said, there are limitations to what insight I can give you while still being fair to other applicants who may not have access to / use this forum.

I am excited to help you through this process and to hopefully meet some of you soon!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Super struggling between Touro and USC 

Touro seems like a classic 2 year PA program with the addition and benefit of the MPH degree, which is awesome. 

USC is reputable and has an in depth 3 year PA program with longer rotations. It’s also much more expensive than even Touro. 

I know I have to make this decision for myself but just curious on thoughts? Or experiences y’all can share? 

6 minutes ago, EPthePA said:

Super struggling between Touro and USC 

Touro seems like a classic 2 year PA program with the addition and benefit of the MPH degree, which is awesome. 

USC is reputable and has an in depth 3 year PA program with longer rotations. It’s also much more expensive than even Touro. 

I know I have to make this decision for myself but just curious on thoughts? Or experiences y’all can share? 

From what I gathered around the PAs I've talked to. When in doubt, always choose at the least expensive one, because that student loan will hunt you literally for the rest of your life 😱

• Upvote 1

On 1/12/2021 at 9:51 AM, TouroCaliPA said:

Hello Everyone,

I apologize that this forum has not been updated much from this account. This account belongs to the current VP for the first year class here at Touro. We change hands in the middle of the Fall term and things get transferred gradually.

Apologies aside, I wanted to let everyone know that if they have any questions about the application process, school, or anything else Touro that they can message me and I will try my best to have an answer to you by the end of the week. I will be checking this account once a week on weeks without a major exam, so I will try to be available to you as a resource going forward. That being said, there are limitations to what insight I can give you while still being fair to other applicants who may not have access to / use this forum.

I am excited to help you through this process and to hopefully meet some of you soon!

Hi!

I was recently accepted to the program and was wondering if there is a facebook page yet for new students to meet? Thanks!

Hey guys. I’m a first year applicant and have not heard ANYTHING. I never received a confirmation email or anything but I was verified. I have applied to 4 school and haven’t heard anything from any of them. Am I just stressing for no reason? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated! 

16 hours ago, newbie20 said:

Hi!

I was recently accepted to the program and was wondering if there is a facebook page yet for new students to meet? Thanks!

Hi Newbie!

Congrats on your acceptance! Thats a really big deal! There is not currently a facebook group as less than half of your class has been accepted so far - Touro tends to hav later interviews than most programs - you were one of the early ones. We will have one up for you some time in the next few months once more of your classmates have been accepted. I do know there are a few people who follow this discussion who have also been accepted so you can always try to connect on here.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

3 hours ago, GLoPA95 said:

Hey guys. I’m a first year applicant and have not heard ANYTHING. I never received a confirmation email or anything but I was verified. I have applied to 4 school and haven’t heard anything from any of them. Am I just stressing for no reason? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated! 

Hi! I totally feel you, I haven’t heard anything from almost all programs I applied to as well. What date did you apply to Touro / verified? 
If this helps, for reference, I applied July 25th and I *just* now got my “your applications has been uploaded and is under review” email this past week. 

Edited by alysd

On 1/15/2021 at 3:40 PM, alysd said:

Hi! I totally feel you, I haven’t heard anything from almost all programs I applied to as well. What date did you apply to Touro / verified? 
If this helps, for reference, I applied July 25th and I *just* now got my “your applications has been uploaded and is under review” email this past week. 

I submitted my application on September 13th. Maybe I’ll hear back next month. That does help. I hope you hear back soon! 

• Like 1

Hi everyone! Just wanted to give you a timeline of my own experience with Touro

I applied through CASPA early July 

11/9/20: Received an email from Touro that my CASPA app has been received 

11/30/20: Received and email to fill out a supplemental

12/29/20: Submitted my supplemental app 

1/12/21: Received an email that all required materials have been received and are under committee review

1/22/21: Received an email for an invitation to interview on 1/26/21

Looks like they're still doing a lot of reviewing, considering interviews are from September-May. Hope this helps! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1