2020-2021 Application Cycle

2 minutes ago, aluu5 said:

Hi everyone! Just wanted to give you a timeline of my own experience with Touro

I applied through CASPA early July 

11/9/20: Received an email from Touro that my CASPA app has been received 

11/30/20: Received and email to fill out a supplemental

12/29/20: Submitted my supplemental app 

1/12/21: Received an email that all required materials have been received and are under committee review

1/22/21: Received an email for an invitation to interview on 1/26/21

Looks like they're still doing a lot of reviewing, considering interviews are from September-May. Hope this helps! 

This is so thorough and helpful, thank you! 

Also holy smokes only a few days notice for your interview 😅 Good to know that we should be ready and on our game any time. Good luck! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/21/2021 at 12:20 PM, trynnabePA said:

Hi!

Besides the e-mail to complete the secondaries application and an email from Ms. Bible saying they recieved our supplemental application. How do we check our status? 

You'd email her back to check the status. That's what it says on the Touro U website

2 minutes ago, alysd said:

This is so thorough and helpful, thank you! 

Also holy smokes only a few days notice for your interview 😅 Good to know that we should be ready and on our game any time. Good luck! 

I know..I think I was added to this interview invitation last minute because it said "reply within one week" and I'm pretty sure they forgot to fix the template when they sent it to me because I only had 3 days to respond and prepare...lol 

Thank you! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, osakanohime said:

Anyone received any new updates? Congratulations for the people who have been already accepted and have interviews! 

Submitted my completed supplemental app a couple of days ago and they confirmed it had been received. Fingers crossed for an interview! 

On 1/19/2021 at 9:49 AM, Mackg730 said:

Hi. I was waitlisted back when I had my interview in November. I remember being told that those waitlisted should wait to hear back by sometime in April/May. I was just wondering whether anyone who has been waitlisted been accepted before this time period.

I can't say for sure but I don't think they accept anyone from the waitlist until interviews are done, and the April/May date they gave coincides with the last of the interviews so I wouldn't imagine to hear back from the school before then. I hope that helps.

On 1/21/2021 at 12:20 PM, trynnabePA said:

Hi!

Besides the e-mail to complete the secondaries application and an email from Ms. Bible saying they recieved our supplemental application. How do we check our status? 

When I was in the process last year there was no other way to check your status. Touro moves slower than most schools with the application process. It is normal to wait months before you are asked for your supplemental. You could email Ms. Bible but I would just try to hold out for now.

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone,

I just got an invite this morning to interview on March 9th! So hang in there, this is my 2nd time applying. 

11/09- touro received/reviewing CASPA app

11/24- received supplemental app invite 

12/17- submitted supplemental app 

01/12- confirmation that supplemental app was being reviewed 

02/04- interview invite 

• Like 3

On 2/4/2021 at 10:45 AM, Hiho55 said:

Hi everyone,

I just got an invite this morning to interview on March 9th! So hang in there, this is my 2nd time applying. 

11/09- touro received/reviewing CASPA app

11/24- received supplemental app invite 

12/17- submitted supplemental app 

01/12- confirmation that supplemental app was being reviewed 

02/04- interview invite 

Hey! Congratulations on the interview invite! When did you apply?

Hey everyone! I thought I would chime in with my stats as well since everyone else has been helpful for my journey and waiting.

2nd time applicant, applied June/July 

11/9 Touro received my app

12/15 Supp invite 

12/22 Submitted supp

1/12 Supp under review 

Fingers crossed I get invited for the next step! Good luck everyone. 

1 hour ago, dianan604 said:

Hi there! I applied this cycle and I JUST received an email from Touro stating that they’ve received my app... looks like it’s a bit late in the cycle? Should I not get my hopes up lol 😢 From what I’m reading, everyone else has received that email in November... 

Hey! I don’t necessarily think you’re out of the running. They are still working through apps. I’ve been following this program/forum pretty closely. 
Here is my timeline thus far, if it helps you for reference: 

- Applied 7/25/20

- “Application received” email 1/7/21

- Secondary app invite 1/19

- Secondary app submitted & confirmed received 1/27/21

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

I am in the same boat! I had written off this program because I hadn’t heard anything until just now! I just got the email that they have received my app, not supplemental application invite yet. Thank you to everyone who have given a lot of details with their experience, it really helps!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

19 hours ago, alysd said:

Hey! I don’t necessarily think you’re out of the running. They are still working through apps. I’ve been following this program/forum pretty closely. 
Here is my timeline thus far, if it helps you for reference: 

- Applied 7/25/20

- “Application received” email 1/7/21

- Secondary app invite 1/19

- Secondary app submitted & confirmed received 1/27/21

Thank you so much for your timeline! I honestly thought they just were never going to give me a rejection letter haha I didn’t realize they were still doing interviews— let alone application reviews!! Crossing my fingers for you! Hoping to be in your shoes soon 🙂 

• Like 1

Hi everyone! I was recently invited to submit a supplemental app. I am stressed out trying to figure out how urgent it is to send it in soon vs. how much time I have to spend on the quality of it. Not that I would compromise the quality of my essays. 

I think I will aim to turn it in about 9 days after I was invited. Do you think this is a good timeline?

Does anyone know how much of the class has been seated so far?

Good luck to everyone grinding in these last few months the end of this cycle is almost here!!