2020-2021 Application Cycle

2 hours ago, RoastedPAnut707 said:

That's interesting because I thought all applications will still be in consideration, until all of seats are taken.

If you don’t pass their initial screening, you will be automatically rejected, no supplemental app. If you pass, you’ll get a supplemental app and then you will be considered until you either get an interview, the class gets filled, or you can be rejected. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pa98173jd said:

Last cycle, I was rejected in December so I expect the same at this point. Im honestly in disbelief that I'm getting rejected from the Touro sister colleges this cycle. They were my safety schools 😭

If it helps, I've heard of so many stories of people who didn't even get an interview invite at "safety" schools, and got accepted into schools that they applied to mostly for giggles because they figured there was no way they would get in.

It's a weird way PA school applications work, and each program does it in a different way. So try not to be so hard on yourself. You may still get accepted, or possibly even accepted at one of your "non-safety" programs. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Laybunny said:

If it helps, I've heard of so many stories of people who didn't even get an interview invite at "safety" schools, and got accepted into schools that they applied to mostly for giggles because they figured there was no way they would get in.

It's a weird way PA school applications work, and each program does it in a different way. So try not to be so hard on yourself. You may still get accepted, or possibly even accepted at one of your "non-safety" programs. 

This is accurate! I got denied from 3 of my safety schools that I thought I was a literal PERFECT candidate for, yet got an interview with a super competitive school I thought I’d never in a million years get seriously considered for (my GRE is absolutely trash and GPA is okay in comparison to their accepted stats). These cycles are super unpredictable, just trust the process above all else! 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, CrystalGemPA said:

This is accurate! I got denied from 3 of my safety schools that I thought I was a literal PERFECT candidate for, yet got an interview with a super competitive school I thought I’d never in a million years get seriously considered for (my GRE is absolutely trash and GPA is okay in comparison to their accepted stats). These cycles are super unpredictable, just trust the process above all else! 

I concur with the unpredictability. I applied to 16 schools, got rejected right away from a school that I thought was safety. Then interview invites from one reach school the week after. So far 2 interviews invites and 4 rejections out of the 16. Still waiting for the rest 10.

Part of me feel discouraged, but partly hopeful because maybe at this point the most competitive applicants might have already accepted their seats...maybe my chance will increase lol 😂 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, aspiringPAstudent94 said:

Has anyone not received their confirmation emails at all? I never received anything from them and i applied back in July

I applied in July and haven’t gotten anything yet. From my experience last year that can be pretty standard. They didn’t send me a confirmation until they were at the point of actually reviewing my application.
Good luck! 🍀