2020-2021 Application Cycle

7 hours ago, knguy110 said:

If I got the confirmation email saying they got my application and people that submitted after me started getting supplementary invites, does that mean I won't be getting one? 😞

If you pass their initial application screening, you will get a supplemental invite. They only send it to those who pass.

This school is a little different as other programs usually just make everyone fill out the supplemental and pay. 

16 hours ago, alysd said:

Congratulations!

Would you mind sharing a few bullets points about yourself / your work experience and academics? I hate asking for "stats" because numbers don't tell the whole story. 

Thank you! So im a little bit of a non traditional student. I've been a respiratory therapist since 2015. I've served on trauma committees and was a neonatal resuscitation program instructor. I've worked in all areas of critical care...neonatal, pediatric and adult. My GPA is on the lower side due to not having any direction before RT school. 

So if you feel an area of your application is lacking, definitely do your best to highlight other areas, but not forget about other things entirely. I had to address my low GPA, but I highlighted that I retook classes that were old, even though I received a passing grade. I spoke about how I worked full time nights in a level 4 NICU while completing my bachelors degree in order to keep up the intensity in preparation of PA school. 

Any other questions, feel free to private message me. Best advice I can give you is to focus on your strengths, but show how you are addressing your weaknesses. Good luck!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Alden said:

Thank you! So im a little bit of a non traditional student. I've been a respiratory therapist since 2015. I've served on trauma committees and was a neonatal resuscitation program instructor. I've worked in all areas of critical care...neonatal, pediatric and adult. My GPA is on the lower side due to not having any direction before RT school. 

So if you feel an area of your application is lacking, definitely do your best to highlight other areas, but not forget about other things entirely. I had to address my low GPA, but I highlighted that I retook classes that were old, even though I received a passing grade. I spoke about how I worked full time nights in a level 4 NICU while completing my bachelors degree in order to keep up the intensity in preparation of PA school. 

Any other questions, feel free to private message me. Best advice I can give you is to focus on your strengths, but show how you are addressing your weaknesses. Good luck!!

was your GPA below the average accepted students on touro website (3.3/3.2)? 

1 hour ago, biopsyd said:

For those who got a supplemental invite, has anyone had any luck getting a fee waiver? I emailed the admit@tu.edu email last week, but haven’t heard back. We only have 30 days and I’m getting somewhat close to that. Is there another email I should be emailing? 

I actually tried contacting them two separate occasions via email and never gotten a response.. I ended up just paying because I waited 2 weeks for an email but never got it. I would try calling to see if there is an easier way to get the fee waiver! 

• Like 1

For everyone who submitted a supplemental application, I just receieved an email from Naisha stating "You must indicate all schools submitted to Caspa and the school you received your Bachelors degree from." 

Does anyone know where I need to indicate the shcools I submitted to CASPA in the post-secondary academic section or where I would put that in general? There is a section for "additional schools" but that is only for those I have attended to submit the word document. I figured I would answer here because TU is overwhelmed with applications and may not see my email in time.

Thank you in advance!

45 minutes ago, lmbrophy23 said:

For everyone who submitted a supplemental application, I just receieved an email from Naisha stating "You must indicate all schools submitted to Caspa and the school you received your Bachelors degree from." 

Does anyone know where I need to indicate the shcools I submitted to CASPA in the post-secondary academic section or where I would put that in general? There is a section for "additional schools" but that is only for those I have attended to submit the word document. I figured I would answer here because TU is overwhelmed with applications and may not see my email in time.

Thank you in advance!

I entered the schools in the Post-Secondary Section. At the top of the section, it should ask for institutions. I was able to put in the schools I went to that I had also entered on CASPA.

15 hours ago, aspiringPA9099 said:

I actually tried contacting them two separate occasions via email and never gotten a response.. I ended up just paying because I waited 2 weeks for an email but never got it. I would try calling to see if there is an easier way to get the fee waiver! 

They got back to me today. I submitted my supplemental! 🥳

On 11/29/2020 at 8:15 PM, Sklobos said:

Have they sent out rejects yet? 

I applied on 7/10, verified 7/15. Got the confirmation email that they received my application 11/9. I haven’t received an invite to complete the supplemental application.  Do I still have a chance?

I'm in the same boat as you! I received a confirmation  email on 11/9 but haven't heard back since. Hopefully we'll hear back soon!

We made it to December, everyone! Whew

I applied 7/25 and still haven't gotten under review email or supplemental app yet, crossing fingers for something soon 🙂

Last year I applied around the same time and had already heard back by mid to late Nov, so I think they're moving a little slower this year - probably understandable given Covid work changes. Hope that helps anyone who applied later than me and is still waiting. 

Good luck to all of you interviewing soon! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, alysd said:

We made it to December, everyone! Whew

I applied 7/25 and still haven't gotten under review email or supplemental app yet, crossing fingers for something soon 🙂

Last year I applied around the same time and had already heard back by mid to late Nov, so I think they're moving a little slower this year - probably understandable given Covid work changes. Hope that helps anyone who applied later than me and is still waiting. 

Good luck to all of you interviewing soon! 

Thanks for sharing! I applied super late like October lol. So I’ll be waiting awhile which is fine since I feel like that all this application cycle has been waiting lol! Either it will work out this cycle or next cycle I go at it again! 

On 12/5/2020 at 7:07 PM, DTHAI said:

Hey guys! I received an interview invite for December 9th! For people who have already interviewed what was the format (of you don’t mind sharing) and do you have any tips? 🙂

Going to be unlikely that people give you too much insight into the process because it will possibly diminish their chances of getting in as you will like score higher/ do better. That has been my experience at least. 

Hey everyone!

So I applied August 3rd (I know, pretty late), was verified in like a day, but I haven't even received anything from them, not even a confirmation email that they've received my app. That means I haven't gotten anything in regards to the supplemental as well, but seems like those have been going out to a lot of people already. Do I even have a chance still? Should I try to contact the school? I'm so lost on this😅