Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello everyone! I am a current officer of the MSPAS/MPH Class of 2023. I look forward to meeting some of you this upcoming fall! Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted! We are so excit

Hello Everyone, I apologize that this forum has not been updated much from this account. This account belongs to the current VP for the first year class here at Touro. We change hands in the midd

If it helps, I've heard of so many stories of people who didn't even get an interview invite at "safety" schools, and got accepted into schools that they applied to mostly for giggles because they fig

Posted Images

Hi everyone! 

I'm the Vice President of the MSPAS/MPH Class of 2022 and I'll be checking the forum periodically to answer any questions that I can. Congratulations to all of you applying this year. That in itself is a huge accomplishment. I'm not far removed from the process so I know what you're going through. Stay encouraged and continue to be genuine to yourself throughout this process. Let me know if you have any questions and good luck! 🙂

  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/26/2020 at 10:01 PM, TouroCaliPA said:

Hi everyone! 

I'm the Vice President of the MSPAS/MPH Class of 2022 and I'll be checking the forum periodically to answer any questions that I can. Congratulations to all of you applying this year. That in itself is a huge accomplishment. I'm not far removed from the process so I know what you're going through. Stay encouraged and continue to be genuine to yourself throughout this process. Let me know if you have any questions and good luck! 🙂

Hey!!

thank you for giving us your time to answer questions! My app was verified around 05/20 but i still haven’t received a secondary yet. Is that normal? maybe I’m just being neurotic haha

Edited by BlockByJames
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello! This would be my second year apply to Touro as I was wait-listed last cycle.

Last year, I was verified around the second week of august, received a supplemental application in December, and an interview invite in January! 

Don't fret if you haven't received a supplemental application yet. There may be delays due to their staff having to switch to working remotely 🙂

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Submitted 6/07/2020 and verified a few days after!

Haven't heard anything since, but two of my friends who got in this past cycle said it took some time to receive their supplemental app.

Good luck everyone!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Every school kind of does supplemental apps differently. If you guys look on the previous posts on this forum you'll find that generally they send supplemental apps out in waves throughout the entire cycle and people typically get them 1-2 months before they are potentially invited for interviews. So number-wise it is unlikely to get supplemental applications this early for the majority of people.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2020 at 5:48 AM, CrystalGemPA said:

Thanks so much! Submitted and verified 5/17. I’m coming from all the way across the country, but this is one of my top schools. Good luck to everyone! 

Same here! I'm applying from NC, how about you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hey All!

Has anyone received any confirmation emails from the school?

I was officially verified 7/10, but haven't seen anything come in stating the school has received it.

 

Hey!

 

I actually emailed them 7/6 about confirmation because I was verified back in May and didn’t receive anything. I really just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything because this was the only school I hadn’t received any confirmation from. She then told me that my application has been received, but not processed yet. She told me I will receive a notification when that process is complete.

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CrystalGemPA said:

Hey!

 

I actually emailed them 7/6 about confirmation because I was verified back in May and didn’t receive anything. I really just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything because this was the only school I hadn’t received any confirmation from. She then told me that my application has been received, but not processed yet. She told me I will receive a notification when that process is complete.

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up!

Fingers crossed !!

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, joethepa said:

Hi All,

From the looks of it in the Touro Website, their supplemental application does not require an essay, would that be correct? Wonder if anyone can confirm this...thanks and good luck!

There were essays involved in last year’s supplemental application. I recall them being small.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi fellow Touro applicants! 

I am submitting in 2 weeks as soon as my summer class is finished. I applied last year but was denied due to having insufficient Biology coursework, so I took 2 more classes and am trying again. 

Good luck, I look forward to following along with everyone's progress! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, alysd said:

Hi fellow Touro applicants! 

I am submitting in 2 weeks as soon as my summer class is finished. I applied last year but was denied due to having insufficient Biology coursework, so I took 2 more classes and am trying again. 

Good luck, I look forward to following along with everyone's progress! 

Hey! Curious as to what you mean “insufficient”?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, mikejmorrison17 said:

Hey! Curious as to what you mean “insufficient”?

At the time of submission I had 2 Biology electives I'd taken but they were only 3 units each for a total of 6 units and neither of them had labs. So, I was short 2 units and needed labs.

Honestly at the time I applied last year I just wasn't diligent enough about reviewing requirements, and thought what I had was adequate. Now I know better! Since then I took 2 Biology classes with lab. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone! 

I am preparing to submit my application. I am a little late in the game i think.

I was wondering, for the Biology prerequisite, can I enter in a Biochemistry course? I did take a series of three courses for intro to bio, but unfortunately only 2 of them had a lab portion. I emailed the school but no reply yet. Thank you in advance anyone who knows the answer!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More