2020-2021 Application Cycle

Hi everyone! 

I'm the Vice President of the MSPAS/MPH Class of 2022 and I'll be checking the forum periodically to answer any questions that I can. Congratulations to all of you applying this year. That in itself is a huge accomplishment. I'm not far removed from the process so I know what you're going through. Stay encouraged and continue to be genuine to yourself throughout this process. Let me know if you have any questions and good luck! 🙂

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

On 5/26/2020 at 10:01 PM, TouroCaliPA said:

Hi everyone! 

I'm the Vice President of the MSPAS/MPH Class of 2022 and I'll be checking the forum periodically to answer any questions that I can. Congratulations to all of you applying this year. That in itself is a huge accomplishment. I'm not far removed from the process so I know what you're going through. Stay encouraged and continue to be genuine to yourself throughout this process. Let me know if you have any questions and good luck! 🙂

Hey!!

thank you for giving us your time to answer questions! My app was verified around 05/20 but i still haven’t received a secondary yet. Is that normal? maybe I’m just being neurotic haha

Edited by BlockByJames

Hello! This would be my second year apply to Touro as I was wait-listed last cycle.

Last year, I was verified around the second week of august, received a supplemental application in December, and an interview invite in January! 

Don't fret if you haven't received a supplemental application yet. There may be delays due to their staff having to switch to working remotely 🙂

• Like 4

Submitted 6/07/2020 and verified a few days after!

Haven't heard anything since, but two of my friends who got in this past cycle said it took some time to receive their supplemental app.

Good luck everyone!

Every school kind of does supplemental apps differently. If you guys look on the previous posts on this forum you'll find that generally they send supplemental apps out in waves throughout the entire cycle and people typically get them 1-2 months before they are potentially invited for interviews. So number-wise it is unlikely to get supplemental applications this early for the majority of people.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey All!

Has anyone received any confirmation emails from the school?

I was officially verified 7/10, but haven't seen anything come in stating the school has received it.

Hey!

I actually emailed them 7/6 about confirmation because I was verified back in May and didn’t receive anything. I really just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything because this was the only school I hadn’t received any confirmation from. She then told me that my application has been received, but not processed yet. She told me I will receive a notification when that process is complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, CrystalGemPA said:

Hey!

I actually emailed them 7/6 about confirmation because I was verified back in May and didn’t receive anything. I really just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything because this was the only school I hadn’t received any confirmation from. She then told me that my application has been received, but not processed yet. She told me I will receive a notification when that process is complete.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up!

Fingers crossed !!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, joethepa said:

Hi All,

From the looks of it in the Touro Website, their supplemental application does not require an essay, would that be correct? Wonder if anyone can confirm this...thanks and good luck!

There were essays involved in last year’s supplemental application. I recall them being small.

• Like 1

Hi fellow Touro applicants! 

I am submitting in 2 weeks as soon as my summer class is finished. I applied last year but was denied due to having insufficient Biology coursework, so I took 2 more classes and am trying again. 

Good luck, I look forward to following along with everyone's progress! 

38 minutes ago, alysd said:

Hi fellow Touro applicants! 

I am submitting in 2 weeks as soon as my summer class is finished. I applied last year but was denied due to having insufficient Biology coursework, so I took 2 more classes and am trying again. 

Good luck, I look forward to following along with everyone's progress! 

Hey! Curious as to what you mean “insufficient”?

11 minutes ago, mikejmorrison17 said:

Hey! Curious as to what you mean “insufficient”?

At the time of submission I had 2 Biology electives I'd taken but they were only 3 units each for a total of 6 units and neither of them had labs. So, I was short 2 units and needed labs.

Honestly at the time I applied last year I just wasn't diligent enough about reviewing requirements, and thought what I had was adequate. Now I know better! Since then I took 2 Biology classes with lab. 

Hello everyone! 

I am preparing to submit my application. I am a little late in the game i think.

I was wondering, for the Biology prerequisite, can I enter in a Biochemistry course? I did take a series of three courses for intro to bio, but unfortunately only 2 of them had a lab portion. I emailed the school but no reply yet. Thank you in advance anyone who knows the answer!