2020-21 Application Cycle!

Guest EDani
9 hours ago, dbui9 said:

Just applied to Rush and haven't been verified yet. Am I too late?

Their application deadline is October 1! So no, just depends on how strong of an applicant you are. I don't think it's ever too late as long as you meet that hard deadline. 

On 8/1/2020 at 10:28 AM, TEK23 said:

For those waitlisted, we don’t have to accept a spot on the waitlist. We are automatically put on it and only email if we wish to be removed correct?

The email i received made it sound like you had to tell them weather you wanted to be on the "alternate accepted" list or not

Submitted 5/14/2020

Verified 5/15/2020

Rush Received Application 5/22/2020

Interview Invite via email 7/22/2020

Interviewed 7/29/2020 - they said we would hear back 10-14 days during the interview but follow up email said 2-4 weeks

Alternate Accepted (waitlisted) 8/4/2020

PCE:4000+ mostly as a medical assistant 

cGPA 3.33 at time of application

sGPA 3.22 at time of application

BS in Exercise Science and minor in Chemistry, graduated 2018

currently working on Master of Physiology, will finish Nov 2020

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 8/10/2020 at 1:59 PM, nazij said:

Omg congrats!!!! Would you mind sharing your stats?!

On 8/10/2020 at 1:59 PM, nazij said:

Omg congrats!!!! Would you mind sharing your stats?!

Thanks everyone! Definitely a surreal and humbling experience getting an acceptance letter. I'm hopeful you all will get the same experience in the near future. Also, please don't compare yourself with my stats. The admissions committee has a very holistic approach, and more importantly, we're more than just numbers! We have our own unique stories, anecdotes, and journeys towards medicine and the PA profession. Anyways, hope this helps.

cumulative GPA: ***

science GPA: ***

GRE: ***

HCE: ***

PCE: ***

General interview tips: 1) Have solid answers to questions like "why do you want to become a PA?", "why do you want to attend our school?", and "what qualities do you possess that make you a competitive PA applicant?". 2) BE YOURSELF. The MMI is moreso designed to test HOW you think than WHAT you know about medicine. I didn't do this, but you can look up medical ethics Q&As online for prep as you see fit. 3) BE REAL. Have genuine questions for the faculty and current students. They can sense if you're asking questions simply to impress them.

Edited by citylifecityboy
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, citylifecityboy said:

Thanks everyone! Definitely a surreal and humbling experience getting an acceptance letter. I'm hopeful you all will get the same experience in the near future. Also, please don't compare yourself with my stats. The admissions committee has a very holistic approach, and more importantly, we're more than just numbers! We have our own unique stories, anecdotes, and journeys towards medicine and the PA profession. Anyways, hope this helps.

cumulative GPA: 3.76

science GPA: 3.68

GRE: 308

HCE: 6000+

PCE: 2200+

General interview tips: 1) Have solid answers to questions like "why do you want to become a PA?", "why do you want to attend our school?", and "what qualities do you possess that make you a competitive PA applicant?". 2) BE YOURSELF. The MMI is moreso designed to test HOW you think than WHAT you know about medicine. I didn't do this, but you can look up medical ethics Q&As online for prep as you see fit. 3) BE REAL. Have genuine questions for the faculty and current students. They can sense if you're asking questions simply to impress them.

Thanks for the info! Do you mind sharing ur timeline?? 

2 hours ago, citylifecityboy said:

cumulative GPA: 3.76

science GPA: 3.68

GRE: 308

HCE: 6000+

PCE: 2200+

Thank you! Also was it a virtual interview or in person?

Hey fellow applicants! Congratulations to those of you who have been accepted/interviewed! I am going to hit the 8 week verified mark tomorrow (Verified 6/17). I haven't heard anything yet and was wondering if I should reach out or not to the program? I suppose I am just incredibly anxious but I also don't want to minimize my efforts. Thoughts? Cheering for all of you!

22 minutes ago, TlcHpc said:

Hey fellow applicants! Congratulations to those of you who have been accepted/interviewed! I am going to hit the 8 week verified mark tomorrow (Verified 6/17). I haven't heard anything yet and was wondering if I should reach out or not to the program? I suppose I am just incredibly anxious but I also don't want to minimize my efforts. Thoughts? Cheering for all of you!

I was also verified on the same day (program confirmation email) and haven’t heard anything. Let me know if you end up emailing them!

25 minutes ago, TlcHpc said:

I honestly wouldn’t because their confirmation email explicitly asks you not to reach out for further status updates. I got my interview waitlist email at 8 weeks on the dot.

Waiting sucks and I feel your pain. Hang in there!

• Upvote 1