2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

1 hour ago, Keith0147 said:

Any idea how many waitlist slots there are, and how many waitlisters got called up last year?

As far as I know there is no set number of waitlist spots. I got waitlisted in June after the first round of interviews and they have added more people each round since. I know at least three people were taken off the waitlist last year, but obviously who knows what it will look like this year. I called my advisor and he was very helpful in answering my questions but it looks like they can’t say much when it comes to waitlist timeline/ chances. Hang in there, the waiting is tough!

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 5:50 PM, KortneyDaly said:

I just applied and received a call today from my advisor (Brian) that I should expect to hear something back in 4-5 weeks. He also said that he will notify me if that window narrows. Good luck!

Thanks for this info! 

Edited by tx808

17 hours ago, ajellis33 said:

Can anyone tell me what day you had your post-interview info session? Trying to coordinate with  work and trying to figure out what day of the week to expect It on!!

TIA 

My post interview session was on a Thursday in the evening. This was the first round and they did interviews starting on a Monday and went through the following Tuesday or Wednesday then the post session that Thursday night. 

22 hours ago, Candiceprepa said:

I check the 2020 online FB group. There are about 41 people in there right now. Assuming all of the accepted applicants joined and they are expecting a class of 70, that means there is only about 29 spots left!! OMG, good luck everyone! 😛

We currently have 42 members on our FB group as of this AM however 2 people on there are current students. Also I believe there are a couple of people who have been accepted who do not have Facebook at this time. But still plenty of room!!!! Good luck! Be fierce in your interviews and come get these spots! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Hi everyone,

Congratulations to all who got accepted and courage and hope for those who were waitlisted. For those who were rejected, all I can say is " I'm so sorry and keep your chin up" I cannot imagine how upset you are, I know you have must worked very hard.

I am so amazed of such an incredibly supportive and talented group. I would be very blessed if I get the opportunity to join this cohort. I cannot wait to start my PA a studies and I very much hope it is with all of you. Yale has such an amazing curriculum and they love giving back to the community.

My advisor said it would take maybe 5-6 weeks for them to make a decision on an interview invitation so I have been trying to not check this forum constantly to keep my nerves down a bit. 

Best of luck to everyone!

• Like 3

Hi everyone!

Congrats to all of you rockstars that got in! My heart is so happy for you. Unfortunately, I was rejected without an interview (insert sad violin music here). I have a question...Out of all who were accepted, how many of you took the Casper exam? 

Initially I had scheduled to take it, but then cancelled as I was in the middle of a hectic move from CA to TX. I’m wondering if a heavy emphasis is placed on the exam and if I shot myself in the foot by canceling it 😩 

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, PAHopefulMina said:

Hi everyone!

Congrats to all of you rockstars that got in! My heart is so happy for you. Unfortunately, I was rejected without an interview (insert sad violin music here). I have a question...Out of all who were accepted, how many of you took the Casper exam? 

Initially I had scheduled to take it, but then cancelled as I was in the middle of a hectic move from CA to TX. I’m wondering if a heavy emphasis is placed on the exam and if I shot myself in the foot by canceling it 😩 

I took the CASper and still got rejected without an interview. It's difficult to determine how much it is factored, because we never see our results. That being said good luck to you! I'm sure you'll end up exactly where your supposed to be. 😊👍

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, PAHopefulMina said:

Hi everyone!

I took the exam

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PAHopefulMina said:

Hi everyone!

Hey! Soooo sorry to hear that! Keep your head up and keep pursuing your dreams! They will come to fruition. 
As far as I know everyone I have spoken to took the Casper exam. There is quite a bit of emphasis on it but with Yale having a holistic approach (and trust me they practice what they preach!) if that test was the deciding factor they would have reached out. I’m sure that isn’t what you want to hear but you shouldn’t beat yourself up over one test. I’m sure you are looking for answers so my recommendation would be to step away from your “view” on your app and try to look  at it objectively to figure out where you think you should try to improve it, say, if it was my app instead of yours. Also, something I told myself and my friends who applied was that anything that says “recommended” should be read as “required”. Hope that helps! You are going to be an awesome PA! Let me know if you need anything. I live in TX too! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, YCrossPA said:

I took the CASper and still got rejected without an interview. It's difficult to determine how much it is factored, because we never see our results. That being said good luck to you! I'm sure you'll end up exactly where your supposed to be. 😊👍

I'm sorry to hear you were rejected as well. I wasn't aware that we don't ever get to see our CASPer results. Good luck to you too! There is always next year 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krystalized said:

Hey! Soooo sorry to hear that! Keep your head up and keep pursuing your dreams! They will come to fruition. 
As far as I know everyone I have spoken to took the Casper exam. There is quite a bit of emphasis on it but with Yale having a holistic approach (and trust me they practice what they preach!) if that test was the deciding factor they would have reached out. I’m sure that isn’t what you want to hear but you shouldn’t beat yourself up over one test. I’m sure you are looking for answers so my recommendation would be to step away from your “view” on your app and try to look  at it objectively to figure out where you think you should try to improve it, say, if it was my app instead of yours. Also, something I told myself and my friends who applied was that anything that says “recommended” should be read as “required”. Hope that helps! You are going to be an awesome PA! Let me know if you need anything. I live in TX too! 

Thank you for the words of encouragement! I will definitely be making some changes this year to strengthen my application for next cycle, as well as take the CASPer. Deep inside I had a bad feeling when I canceled it, but since it wasn't "required" I thought my application was strong enough to stand on its own - biggest mistake ever. Your post helps a lot, thank you again and congrats on your acceptance! 🙂

• Upvote 1

On 8/29/2020 at 9:44 AM, Candiceprepa said:

I check the 2020 online FB group. There are about 41 people in there right now. Assuming all of the accepted applicants joined and they are expecting a class of 70, that means there is only about 29 spots left!! OMG, good luck everyone! 😛

Just curious, where did you see that they are only accepting 70 applicants this cycle?

On their website, it says every year their cohort sizes are increasing with the 3rd cohort having 156 seats. 🤔

48 minutes ago, biopsyd said:

Just curious, where did you see that they are only accepting 70 applicants this cycle?

On their website, it says every year their cohort sizes are increasing with the 3rd cohort having 156 seats. 🤔

They are allowed to accept 156 but they are choosing to accept 72 this year. They stated this in the previous webinars/virtual fairs they’ve held. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, biopsyd said:

During the webinar it was stated that they have been approved to accept 156, however they have only increased their acceptances to 72 for the 2021 cohort. So, I'm sure they'll slowly continue to increase that number. That's a good thing! Atleast, I think so. Hope this helps @biopsyd

• Like 1

Does anyone have the email address for Brian the advisor? I received an email that 2 of my pre-reqs need to be verified and I have sent that in but am worried about timing. Yes, I realize that is my fault for deciding to apply late. I just assumed that my biochem class would fulfill the biochem requirement so I'm a little confused. 

59 minutes ago, WayneGoldmoor said:

Anybody have any idea on when the rest of the notifications will go out for this last round of interviews? By my count I’m only seeing 7 acceptances and 3 wait lists. Still waiting on either rejection, acceptance or wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of people might not use this forum!

3 hours ago, WayneGoldmoor said:

Thanks, just slowly losing my mind waiting for an update. I haven’t received anything yet but trying to be patient. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the same boat; tomorrow will mark exactly 2 weeks since my second interview, and every minute feels like an hour.  I am trying to stay positive, but like @ScullyAMA stated, I'm sure a lot of applicants do not use the forum.  If I hear anything tomorrow, I'll keep everyone posted.  Fingers crossed for good news!