2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

So far there is no discernible pattern to the order the calls go out and I believe for last round the calls were spread out over a couple of days. My advice to everyone is to walk away from the forum for a couple of days. At this point there is nothing you can do to change what is going to happen so go find something relaxing to do, your mental health will appreciate it. Just don't do it where there is no cell signal cause you wouldn't want to miss the call 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, jamierah said:

So far there is no discernible pattern to the order the calls go out and I believe for last round the calls were spread out over a couple of days. My advice to everyone is to walk away from the forum for a couple of days. At this point there is nothing you can do to change what is going to happen so go find something relaxing to do, your mental health will appreciate it. Just don't do it where there is no cell signal cause you wouldn't want to miss the call 😉

Will they email if you miss a call?

19 minutes ago, jamierah said:

@jamierah, lets be real; we are all obsessively checking the forum, then telling ourselves we aren't getting back on it the rest of the day, then ten minutes later, we are refreshing the feed to see if there are any new comments 🤣🤣

In all seriousness, thats a great idea. Worrying wont change the situation, so give your mental well-being a break. That being said, Ill check back with everyone in about 30 minutes. 😝

Congrats to all who have gotten acceptance calls! So exciting!!

• Like 1

Just now, Furrowd said:

Will they email if you miss a call?

The phone call is an informal notification. I really think Jane really likes giving good news so she calls personally. You will get an official email acceptance letter with the instructions to accept even if you don't answer the phone.

2 minutes ago, jamierah said:

The phone call is an informal notification. I really think Jane really likes giving good news so she calls personally. You will get an official email acceptance letter with the instructions to accept even if you don't answer the phone.

Ok thankyou for that information I appreciate that :).

10 minutes ago, Jlnisbett said:

@jamierah, lets be real; we are all obsessively checking the forum, then telling ourselves we aren't getting back on it the rest of the day, then ten minutes later, we are refreshing the feed to see if there are any new comments 🤣🤣

In all seriousness, thats a great idea. Worrying wont change the situation, so give your mental well-being a break. That being said, Ill check back with everyone in about 30 minutes. 😝

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, Jlnisbett said:

I fully get it. I was doing the same thing after my interview. When I heard rejection letters were going out before the acceptances I had to go outside and mow the lawn just to be away from the phone. I had enough nervous energy I could have probably trimmed it with scissors just as fast as using the lawn mower. Going and being busy for awhile with something simple and repetitive was the best thing for me.

Shoot, I'm already in and you guys have me compulsively checking to see if acceptance letters are going out. I don't think this level of emotional investment in people I've never met is healthy but then nothing about this process is healthy 🤪

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jamierah said:

I fully get it. I was doing the same thing after my interview. When I heard rejection letters were going out before the acceptances I had to go outside and mow the lawn just to be away from the phone. I had enough nervous energy I could have probably trimmed it with scissors just as fast as using the lawn mower. Going and being busy for awhile with something simple and repetitive was the best thing for me.

Shoot, I'm already in and you guys have me compulsively checking to see if acceptance letters are going out. I don't think this level of emotional investment in people I've never met is healthy but then nothing about this process is healthy 🤪

@jamierah I got rejected without an interview, and I'm nervous for everyone else. I'm obsessively checking for acceptances, and thinking I' ve definitely created an unhealthy habit...teeheehee😜.However, I'm praying and sending positive vibes for you all!!! Hang in there gang!

Edited by YCrossPA
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PAgoalgetter said:

Welcome, new classmates! Congratulations! come join us over at "Yale PA Online 2023 Cohort" Facebook page. 

For others still waiting to hear, do not panic. I remember seeing acceptances in the morning and feeling defeated and crying. I was on the west coast and did not get my call until 6pm PT (that was 9pm for Janie!).  Go do something and clear your mind and feel proud of yourself no matter what the outcome is. 

Head up.

I'm also on the West Coast so keep remembering this because I had read you mention it before. Only thing giving me an ounce of sanity right now. 

4 minutes ago, ScullyAMA said:

Guys....I got the call!!!! Just waiting for follow up administrative emails but I'm so excited to join the crew!

Congratulations!!! I think we were in the same breakout group for the post-interview session, not to seem like a stalker haha! Looking forward to getting to know everyone in our cohort! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tx808 said:

Is it too late to apply? I can submit tonight but I don't know if its worth it!

The admissions team has said multiple times that every application submitted before the final deadline gets reviewed. It won't hurt to apply. There should be at least one more round of interviews before the cohort is full.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, jamierah said:

The admissions team has said multiple times that every application submitted before the final deadline gets reviewed. It won't hurt to apply. There should be at least one more round of interviews before the cohort is full.

Thank you for this input!

1 hour ago, JRussell said:

Congratulations!!! I think we were in the same breakout group for the post-interview session, not to seem like a stalker haha! Looking forward to getting to know everyone in our cohort! 

Aw haha yay! Me too! Making a FB tonight to "meet" everyone 😊

PS I ran out of reactions today but so happy for everyone 💓 

Edited by ScullyAMA