2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

my application was completed and under review on August 21st. This anticipation is killing me! My stats are not that great but I am above 3.0  on both overall and overall science and have over 13 years of patient care experience as a certified nursing assistant and registered respiratory therapist at a level 1 trauma center. My LORs are really solid as well (2 physicians, 1 PA, 1 professor, 1 critical care RN). This is my first year applying and completed 1 interview this cycle so far and totally bombed it 😞 I am so nervous and awkward during interviews.

For those waitlisted

It’s ok to morn the loss of that coveted acceptance call. Have a glass of wine, be upset, work through the emotional rollercoaster. I found myself feeling guilty that I was upset about the waitlist since I still had a chance and wasn’t rejected yet. But it’s ok. This wasn’t the goal, it didn’t fulfill my dreams. It’s ok to be frustrated.
Tomorrow-or maybe the next day-you’ll pick yourself back up and keeping pursuing your goal. Keep improving yourself, that is something we will never finish. We do still have some skin in the game, so don’t give up hope. Pray for patience, for courage, and know that at least some people will make it off this list.

It’s ok to be disappointed. We are stronger for the trials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Janieg78 said:

For those waitlisted

It’s ok to morn the loss of that coveted acceptance call. Have a glass of wine, be upset, work through the emotional rollercoaster. I found myself feeling guilty that I was upset about the waitlist since I still had a chance and wasn’t rejected yet. But it’s ok. This wasn’t the goal, it didn’t fulfill my dreams. It’s ok to be frustrated.
Tomorrow-or maybe the next day-you’ll pick yourself back up and keeping pursuing your goal. Keep improving yourself, that is something we will never finish. We do still have some skin in the game, so don’t give up hope. Pray for patience, for courage, and know that at least some people will make it off this list.

It’s ok to be disappointed. We are stronger for the trials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YES ❤️😘

2 hours ago, Cmed4 said:

For those that have been accepted, how long after your interview did it take for you to hear anything?

I interviewed on the last day, a Friday. The following week they held the webinar where they said they would be making decisions the following week. I received a call on Tuesday of that week. I guess 10-11 days after my interview. Right when they said they would call. 

41 minutes ago, Kikime06 said:

I interviewed on the last day, a Friday. The following week they held the webinar where they said they would be making decisions the following week. I received a call on Tuesday of that week. I guess 10-11 days after my interview. Right when they said they would call. 

So you think there is still acceptances?