2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

On 8/16/2020 at 7:05 PM, Madison517 said:

Did you submit a Casper? 

Yes I did submit a CASPer with my application, but I unfortunately received an rejection email a few weeks ago without an interview offer. Stings, but I want to emphasize why previous and current applicants love to say "one door closes but another one opens".... because I got an interview elsewhere! 

Please do not be discouraged or lose hope, I know everyone here has something unique and amazing to contribute to any program and who knows what tomorrow brings. Goodluck to those who are still waiting, interviewing, and waiting post-interview!

Guest ahearrell

Hi everyone,

Firstly, congratulations to those who were accepted!

I applied to this program extremely late in the game, as I had one pre-req in progress. I am wondering if someone could please provide feedback regarding the timeline between formal application review and notification of declination or an interview offer? My application has been under review for almost two weeks and I find myself constantly checking my e-mail. Although this information won’t change the outcome, I appreciate any insight.

23 minutes ago, ahearrell said:

Hi everyone,

I applied to this program extremely late in the game, as I had one pre-req in progress. I am wondering if someone could please provide feedback regarding the timeline between formal application review and notification of declination or an interview offer? My application has been under review for almost two weeks and I find myself constantly checking my e-mail. Although this information won’t change the outcome, I appreciate any insight.

From the time my application was completed until the time I received an interview invite was almost exactly 3 weeks. I was told it could take 4-5 weeks though so I’m not sure how it has been for everyone.

Guest ahearrell
3 hours ago, kame808 said:

I just got my application confirmed yesterday. Last day to apply is by 10/1/2020. I was told that they will look over all applications till then, so I'm hoping for the best...

I am too, good luck. Thanks for your input.

Hi everyone!

I just finished my first interview. Even though I told myself not to be so nervous ( I spent 30 minutes just listening to relaxing music lol) and that I would speak without any mistakes, I feel like it was hard to control. I'm not going to beat myself up over this and hoping to do really well second interview! For anyone else interviewing soon, it's okay to be nervous, it's natural, but try to remind yourself why you are here: all of your hard work, perseverance, and experiences. That's what I kept telling myself while my heart was pounding in my ears lol. Sorry if this doesn't contribute much to the forum but sometimes it's comforting to hear that you're not alone in feeling nervous and that you have a chance to do better for the next interview. 

• Like 4

Guest ahearrell
14 hours ago, Cmed4 said:

From the time my application was completed until the time I received an interview invite was almost exactly 3 weeks. I was told it could take 4-5 weeks though so I’m not sure how it has been for everyone.

Thanks for your feedback! Just to test my understanding, does completed refer to when your application was verified or when you received notice that it was under review? I appreciate the clarification.

Guest ahearrell
29 minutes ago, PathtoPAC said:

Did anyone that was waitlisted get a decision admission saying they can't offer a spot? I didn't know you could be removed from the waitlist after accepting your seat. Only reason I'm not heartbroken is I've accepted another offer but seems strange to waitlist me then reject me?

This is conjecture, but is it possible that they found out that you were accepted elsewhere? Seems like a strange process otherwise!

11 minutes ago, ahearrell said:

Thanks for your feedback! Just to test my understanding, does completed refer to when your application was verified or when you received notice that it was under review? I appreciate the clarification.

No problem! I was referring to when I was notified by the school that my application was under review.

15 hours ago, ahearrell said:

Hi everyone,

I received my "under review" email on 7/24. Invitation for interview on 8/21. Hang in there and I hope you recieve good news soon!

57 minutes ago, PathtoPAC said:

Did anyone that was waitlisted get a decision admission saying they can't offer a spot? I didn't know you could be removed from the waitlist after accepting your seat. Only reason I'm not heartbroken is I've accepted another offer but seems strange to waitlist me then reject me?

I also received a rejection email after being on the waitlist since June. I didn’t realize that they would do that either. I know two other people on the waitlist who also received a rejection email. My only guess is that they were just overwhelmed by the number of applicants and knew they wouldn’t need as many people on the waitlist. 

As devastated as I am, I respect them letting me know once they made a decision instead of leaving me to wait with an unknown until December. 

Edited by Tiffb13
  • Like 1

I also received a rejection email after being on the waitlist since June. I didn’t realize that they would do that either. I know two other people on the waitlist who also received a rejection email. My only guess is that they were just overwhelmed by the number of applicants and knew they wouldn’t need as many people on the waitlist. 

As devastated as I am, I respect them letting me know once they made a decision instead of leaving me waiting until December. 

Same here, looks like they sent out quite a few today. Super bummed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, ahearrell said:

This is conjecture, but is it possible that they found out that you were accepted elsewhere? Seems like a strange process otherwise!

That's what I was trying to find out too because that wouldn't have been fair tbh but it seems it was several of us. I'm so grateful I got the chance to interview and wish everyone the best. I begin school in 2 weeks for a school I applied to last cycle! 🙂 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, PathtoPAC said:

I got the same email as well which was odd. Thankfully we got other offers though!

37 minutes ago, shockdropnroll said:

I got the same email as well which was odd. Thankfully we got other offers though!

Now don’t quote me on this because I’m just speculating but they may use a point system for your application as well as your interviews and if someone ends up scoring more points than you in a later round of interviews  maybe they may bump people off of the waitlist? I’m not sure but from the looks of it there have been quite a few people who have been removed from the waitlist so the only explanation that I can come up with is that they have a point system and basically treat the waitlist like a leaderboard

Edited by Cmed4
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Angelena092402 said:

If you have had interviews in the past two weeks, has anyone heard an outcome ? Just curious... I had an interview 1-2 weeks ago and have not heard anything yet. It's probably still too early but anxious! Hope everyone is doing well out there!! 🙂

I had my interviews a week ago and haven’t heard anything but I’m assuming people will start hearing things next week and the week after. Definitely getting anxious to hear something. Excited for the post interview webinar tonight! 

• Upvote 1

Good morning everyone! 

Just wanted to stop by and say hello. My name is Lindsey. 🙂 

I've been browsing all 94 pages of this forum, probably twice over in case I missed anything. You all have such great energy and have been extremely helpful in this process. Shout out to Alex (@scullyAMA) for answering my questions via DM! Thanks girl.

I just wanted to wish all of you the best of luck! The post interview webinar last night was awesome and I really enjoyed learning more about the program and seeing some of your faces. 

Happy Friyayy! 

Edited by LNNDIOSA
  • Like 6

22 hours ago, Angelena092402 said:

If you have had interviews in the past two weeks, has anyone heard an outcome ? Just curious... I had an interview 1-2 weeks ago and have not heard anything yet. It's probably still too early but anxious! Hope everyone is doing well out there!! 🙂

My advisor said we should hear back 2-3 weeks after our interview. 🙂 

• Upvote 1

Guest ahearrell
On 9/16/2020 at 4:29 PM, PathtoPAC said:

That's what I was trying to find out too because that wouldn't have been fair tbh but it seems it was several of us. I'm so grateful I got the chance to interview and wish everyone the best. I begin school in 2 weeks for a school I applied to last cycle! 🙂 

Congratulations!