2020 Yale Online Application Cycle

3 hours ago, mgg29482 said:

I got an email from the program this afternoon asking for a syllabus for one of my prerequisite classes. Fingers crossed for everyone! My application was just verified this past Thursday 

My application was verified on Thursday also. I hope we both get into the program. Good luck!!

5 minutes ago, Applyingfor2020 said:

Hi Everyone!

I am from Baltimore, Maryland. I saw some other people on this forum are also from Maryland!

Good luck to everyone who have upcoming interviews!

I received the 'under review' email from Yale on May 19th....waiting eagerly with the rest of you in hopes of being offered an interview!

Hi! Good luck to you as well! I think we are all on pins and needles right now! Hopefully you will hear something this week!

• Like 2

Guest PA4day
Just now, Janieg78 said:

I sent my supplemental fee 1 1/2 weeks ago and still haven’t received confirmation of receipt. Does that seem long to anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the same situation!

Guest PA4day
12 hours ago, Applyingfor2020 said:

Hi Everyone!

I am from Baltimore, Maryland. I saw some other people on this forum are also from Maryland!

Good luck to everyone who have upcoming interviews!

I received the 'under review' email from Yale on May 19th....waiting eagerly with the rest of you in hopes of being offered an interview!

Welcome! 😊 I went under review on the same day!

Guest PA4day
Just now, Janieg78 said:

Sanjay just called me and said they aren’t pending applications waiting for the fee. So no stress if they haven’t gotten it yet. Just wanted to share that gem of information with you emoji16.png

Thank you!!

Congrats to everyone invited for an interview! 

I wanted to catch up with you all. 🤗I submitted my application on CASPA this morning(EST) (my last two Evaluators finally submitted their LOR on my behalf)... Now is just the waiting game to get verified.  

I have been a medical assistant at a women health clinic for a little over 5 yrs now. Located in South Florida. & Yale PA online is my top choice program. 

• Like 2

Hi guys, 

I turned in my app on 05/24, verified on 05/25, mailed my secondary fees through regular mail (should have done overnight!). Not hearing anything from the program. Should I be worry? And does the school process your application once they get the secondary fee? Or as Jan said, the school will processed the application once it's verified without the secondary fees paid still? Trying to get in before the priority deadline. And congrats to those who already got an interview invite and interviewing soon!!!!

12 minutes ago, LadyPa2Be said:

Congrats to everyone invited for an interview! 

I wanted to catch up with you all. 🤗I submitted my application on CASPA this morning(EST) (my last two Evaluators finally submitted their LOR on my behalf)... Now is just the waiting game to get verified.  

I have been a medical assistant at a women health clinic for a little over 5 yrs now. Located in South Florida. & Yale PA online is my top choice program. 

Hi welcome! I am also located in south Florida and have worked for two internists for The past 5years. Good luck to you and everyone else who has submitted! Praying for us all.

• Upvote 1

Guest PA4day
2 minutes ago, alimac23 said:

Just got a rejection without an interview offer. Really disappointed as this was my top (and only) choice. Good luck to the rest of you!

Keep your head up! You're going to be a PA. You got this. 

I too am applying from Florida (central Florida though [emoji3526]). I was verified yesterday and am applying with biochem in progress.

Over the past 8 years, I have worked as EMT for EMS 911 and ER, and as a medical assistant in urgent care and internal medicine.

My overall GPA is 3.35— looking at stats I believe their average ranges from 3.45 and 3.9

Wishing everyone the best. Such a joy to to be in the application process, finally.

9 minutes ago, flyer89 said:

May I ask what were your stats? You can PM me if you would like. Thank you.

Seriously?!? You are gonna ask them about Stats. After a rejection?? Please private message people if you wanna talk about stats or start a different thread. This thread is for encouragement, info, and support. No stats. People get really crazy caring about stats and no it’s a whole lot of waste because NO single stat matters. Not trying to be rude but this thread isn’t for that. Thank you! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 9

29 minutes ago, alimac23 said:

Just got a rejection without an interview offer. Really disappointed as this was my top (and only) choice. Good luck to the rest of you!

I’m sorry to hear that this happened to you! I hope that you don’t give up because sooooo many others who received a rejection are now very successful PAs. That will be you! Is there a reason that Yale is your only choice? If it’s the hybrid thing and not be able to attend a school 8-5 everyday (like me!) then have you heard of UND? It’s different than Yale but something to consider maybe. If not I hope you take this next year to do whatever it takes to get in next year! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!!!

• Like 2

“A rejection is nothing more than a necessary step in the pursuit of success” 

Maybe look for your weaknesses in your application and turn them into your strengths— and come in strong next round! You do got this! — and you’ll also have a killer statement to talk about [emoji3526]

• Like 4

1 hour ago, flyer89 said:

Hi guys, 

I turned in my app on 05/24, verified on 05/25, mailed my secondary fees through regular mail (should have done overnight!). Not hearing anything from the program. Should I be worry? And does the school process your application once they get the secondary fee? Or as Jan said, the school will processed the application once it's verified without the secondary fees paid still? Trying to get in before the priority deadline. And congrats to those who already got an interview invite and interviewing soon!!!!

Hi! You are fine. I wouldn’t worry. The admissions office said that they review applications and will offer interviews even before the fees are paid. I’m sure they are reviewing yours already. Did you receive the email from Yale saying it was “received and under review”? That’s the only confirmation I received from them until I get an interview invite. Some of the other prospects on here received the email and a call saying the same thing. Received and under review. Hope that makes sense. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, alimac23 said:

Keep your head up and don't give up on your dream to become a PA. 

Edited by LadyPa2Be
grammar
  • Like 2