University of Tampa 2019-2020

On 8/27/2019 at 5:55 PM, Pagirl4023 said:

What’s everyone’s stats that’s applying this cycle? 

Overall gpa: 3.63

Sci gpa: 3.57

pre req gpa: 3.61

post bacc gpa: 4.0

PCE: 1000+ ENT scribe, 500 ENT MA (ongoing, now over 700)

Non-healthcare work experience: 5,000+

Shadowing (3 different PA specialties): 96

Not sure where I stand at all but I am very interested in UT and will hopefully hear something on the 18th! Good luck to everyone applying this cycle. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jec0628 said:

I do not have general chemistry II, but I have organic and general chem I.  Last 60 credit hours are about 3.1 and I have been a respiratory therapist for 8 years full time. Am i going to be rejected because I dont have chem II?!  I am so nervous.

Did you fill out the PA petition form? If not, you can fill that out to try and get organic to be substituted. The form is right on their website!

Did everyone else who applied to this school receive an email notification about their application being received, in the process of being verified, etc.? The reason I ask is because I applied (and my application verified by CASPA) prior to the application deadline, but I haven't received any communication at all from the school, so I'm not sure if that's a bad sign...

18 minutes ago, Hedgehog25 said:

Did everyone else who applied to this school receive an email notification about their application being received, in the process of being verified, etc.? The reason I ask is because I applied (and my application verified by CASPA) prior to the application deadline, but I haven't received any communication at all from the school, so I'm not sure if that's a bad sign...

Yes, I received an email a couple days after applying that they received my application and it had been verified. Check your spam mail. 

5 minutes ago, zpsmith said:

Yes, I received an email a couple days after applying that they received my application and it had been verified. Check your spam mail. 

Hmmm, I just checked my spam folder but there's nothing in there from the program. I hope that doesn't mean that my application was considered incomplete/ineligible...

I'd probably go with either this number:

Contact the Office of 
Graduate and Continuing Studies
(813) 258-7409

or this one

Graduate Students (Domestic and International)
Contact Graduate Admissions
Phone: (813) 253-6249
Fax: (813) 258-7451
Email: grad@ut.edu

Hopefully that is a direct line to someone so you can get to the bottom of this b/c you applied on time and received an email from CASPA saying that the application and the payment went through right?

Edited by DOCRAH

1 minute ago, DOCRAH said:

I'd probably go with either this number:

Contact the Office of 
Graduate and Continuing Studies
(813) 258-7409

or this one

Graduate Students (Domestic and International)
Contact Graduate Admissions
Phone: (813) 253-6249
Fax: (813) 258-7451
Email: grad@ut.edu

Hopefully that is a direct line to someone so you can get to the bottom of this.

Thanks for posting that, I appreciate your help! Guess I'll find out more tomorrow.

9 hours ago, DOCRAH said:

Couldn't have said it better myself. These past 3 months waiting have been beyond long.  The school looks amazing from the pics on their web page. Hoping & praying this is the program I'm admitted to🙌I'm just ready to get started

9 hours ago, Reeannuh said:

Waiting for October 18th has been so exhausting! 🤪 Hang in there everyone! Hope to hear some good news soon! 

Not to beat a dead horse, but did you guys hear back from the program specifically after you submitted your applications?

Not to beat a dead horse, but did you guys hear back from the program specifically after you submitted your applications?

Yes. I submitted 5/31 and was verified 6/23. Received an email from UTampa 6/24 indicating they had received my verified application and said they would review my application “over the coming months”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone else find it a bit daunting that they only interview 120 people? I did not know that! I wonder how many apply...[emoji51]

Hmm....I’m not sure how many they interviewed last year. Program typically interview 3x the seats offered. I interviewed at another program with 40 seats available and 120 total were interviewed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk