North Carolina Campbell PA applicants 2019-2020 upcoming cycle

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 1:25 PM, IsabelC93 said:

Hi there! I am applying this upcoming cycle and was wondering if anyone knew the format of interviews? I understand it may vary from school to school (individual, group, panel. etc)....Thank you so much! 

Hi, you said it, its an individual and a group interview and a nice presentation from faculty, in no particular order. 

• 3 weeks later...

is the CASPER test still required? I have to take it for other programs so I had already registered for Campbell, but then CASPER refunded me money saying that Campbell wasn't requiring it this year, but I think their website still says they notify you to take a situation judgement test. Just wondering if anyone knows

Edited by bretthigbee55

7 hours ago, bretthigbee55 said:

is the CASPER test still required? I have to take it for other programs so I had already registered for Campbell, but then CASPER refunded me money saying that Campbell wasn't requiring it this year, but I think their website still says they notify you to take a situation judgement test. Just wondering if anyone knows

I know I had to take it last year when I applied and would suggest contacting Campbell directly to get clarification.  Best of luck this year applying

Hi everyone! Do we wait until we hear back from Campbell to do the CASPer test and submitting the supplemental? I submitted my CASPA application on May 2nd and have not recieved any emails. Just wondering if there was anything I needed to be doing in the mean time to be proactive. Thank you in advance!

4 hours ago, rtan said:

Hi everyone! Do we wait until we hear back from Campbell to do the CASPer test and submitting the supplemental? I submitted my CASPA application on May 2nd and have not recieved any emails. Just wondering if there was anything I needed to be doing in the mean time to be proactive. Thank you in advance!

rtan,

Last year when I was applying to Campbell I remember submitting the CASPer test and supplemental at the same time.  I wanted to complete the CASPer test as early as possible but did not complete it till end of July.  I received an interview invite in Oct and was accepted to start this July 31st.  Best of luck

1 hour ago, ChasingTheDream said:

Best of luck everyone! I'm about to begin the summer session of public health and it has been an amazing experience! If anyone is interested in the dual degree, don't be afraid to reach out.

Thank you and best of luck to you as well!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rtan said:

At the open house they stated we DO NOT have to complete the CASPer test this year, although it is still listed as such on the website. There has been some admin changes and they have not been able to update this. However, you can access the supplemental app yourself on the website under apply and whenever. I applied over a week ago and have not heard anything either.

On 5/6/2019 at 7:11 AM, Packman PA said:

I know I had to take it last year when I applied and would suggest contacting Campbell directly to get clarification.  Best of luck this year applying

At the open house they stated we do NOT need to complete it, they have been unable to update this part on the website yet. 

• 5 weeks later...

Hello everyone! This is a silly question but figured I'd give it a shot. The website states that there is a required minimum overall GPA of > 3.2. Does anyone know if this means you have to have above a 3.2 or can it be 3.2 AND above? I'm literally at 3.20 so I just want to make sure I'm qualified.

Thanks!!

14 minutes ago, khphammm said:

Hello everyone! This is a silly question but figured I'd give it a shot. The website states that there is a required minimum overall GPA of > 3.2. Does anyone know if this means you have to have above a 3.2 or can it be 3.2 AND above? I'm literally at 3.20 so I just want to make sure I'm qualified.

Thanks!!

For overall GPA, their website says: 

• Required minimum overall and/or last 60 credit hours GPA > 3.2

So from what I understand, your overall GPA needs to be above 3.2. Since you're right at 3.2, calculate your last 60 credit hours. If that's over 3.2, you would be qualified to apply! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, khphammm said:

Thanks!!

It is 3.2 and above from what I remember.  I myself will be starting my 1st year at Campbell in July.  Best of luck.