MICHIGAN: University of Michigan- Flint

29 minutes ago, angkthomas said:

I have no idea tbvh. On their webpage, all it says is September 2020 - no actual date given. I do hope though that when this meeting happens they would let us know as soon as they can. Until then, the wait game continues :)) 

The ARC-PA website says September 24-26 is the next commissions meeting. Hopefully we find out after that!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, becoyle said:

The ARC-PA website says September 24-26 is the next commissions meeting. Hopefully we find out after that!!

Oh wow! I didn’t think of checking their website. Good thinking! 🙂 it’s nice to know that there is a date now. Like you said, hopefully we find out and hear good news soon!

• Like 3

Hi again everyone,

I dont know if anyone else has started thinking about this but I'm trying to stay ahead as if I have been accepted so I am prepared lol. Has anyone thought about what they are going to do for loans and such if we get accepted to this program? We have such a small window of time between hearing back and when we would started I am nervous about trying to apple to FAFSA and then find personal loans as well after that! Has anyone done something like this before or found anything helpful with this process in their previous experiences? 

Also does anyone know about the STRIDE loans that I keep seeing posted on facebook groups?!?

Thank you all so much, cant wait for us to hear some good news from this program or any other!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Hi again everyone,
I dont know if anyone else has started thinking about this but I'm trying to stay ahead as if I have been accepted so I am prepared lol. Has anyone thought about what they are going to do for loans and such if we get accepted to this program? We have such a small window of time between hearing back and when we would started I am nervous about trying to apple to FAFSA and then find personal loans as well after that! Has anyone done something like this before or found anything helpful with this process in their previous experiences? 
Also does anyone know about the STRIDE loans that I keep seeing posted on facebook groups?!?
Thank you all so much, cant wait for us to hear some good news from this program or any other!

Hi!!

I was actually in the same boat as you!(: I am looking at options and trying to plan, and I think my plan as of right now is to apply to FASFA as soon as we hear anything. I am trying to understand the Grad Plus loans, which I know are common for these kinds of programs. I have not looked into the STRIDE loans yet, but I plan on it! UM-Flint has so many graduate programs so I was thinking about even contacting their student finance department to figure out some of the best options or at least the most common ones.

Hopefully we hear something by the end of this month, fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, madi.loruss said:

Hi!

Is everyone doing ok? I feel like this wait is gonna be the death of me🤕!

Hii! Being honest, I couldn't sleep last night until about 4am because my brain decided to regret everything about my interview performance! It helps so much having this forum though, and we've gotta hand it to ourselves for being so darn patient thus far 😊 

How are you doing?

• Like 2

We're officially 10 days away from the ARC-PA commissions meeting! 
Anyone else thinking they interviewed well but are still super anxious? I'm hoping we find out early October so that we have time to relocate and stuff [emoji20] 
Good luck everyone!!

Question, I was looking at the date of the meeting as well and do we think that they are doing the site visit on this day or just discussing the results of the site visit? It makes sense either way, I was just looking for another opinion!

1 hour ago, hjoslin said:

Question, I was looking at the date of the meeting as well and do we think that they are doing the site visit on this day or just discussing the results of the site visit? It makes sense either way, I was just looking for another opinion!

The site visit has already been completed. It was in July or August I believe!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LalalauraB said:

Hii! Being honest, I couldn't sleep last night until about 4am because my brain decided to regret everything about my interview performance! It helps so much having this forum though, and we've gotta hand it to ourselves for being so darn patient thus far 😊 

How are you doing?

I'm sure you did great! There is nothing left to do now so there is no point in worrying. I know it is easier said than done, trust me! But the best thing you can do now is just keep you mental health as good as you can and enjoy life!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, zmo14 said:

They better have those emails typed and ready to hit send soon as they get the word

I figured with the amount of time they had until this ARC-PA meeting, they definitely have the list of students they’re accepting! Like most people, I’m patiently waiting till September 28th 👀 

Anyone else consistently checking their email like a madman? 😅

• Like 3

On 9/16/2020 at 10:29 AM, angkthomas said:

I figured with the amount of time they had until this ARC-PA meeting, they definitely have the list of students they’re accepting! Like most people, I’m patiently waiting till September 28th 👀 

Anyone else consistently checking their email like a madman? 😅

I was thinking the same thing!! The suspense is killing me

33 minutes ago, becoyle said:

I was thinking the same thing!! The suspense is killing me

Yeah I agree with you all. Hopefully they know the 40 that they will select and send us out emails asap following the ARC-PA follow-up. For those applying who live out of state like me, the sooner I know the better. I still have to find housing and get this FAFSA stuff straightened out for grad school. Just hope and pray everything works out. Oh & just for a recap first semester classes will all be online except for labs right? For anyone that lives in Flint or the surrounding area like Grand Blanc, etc, any recommendations on apartments? I was looking at The Landings @ Fountain Pointe in Grand Blanc. Anyone familiar with it? Thanks & best of luck to everyone.

Yeah I agree with you all. Hopefully they know the 40 that they will select and send us out emails asap following the ARC-PA follow-up. For those applying who live out of state like me, the sooner I know the better. I still have to find housing and get this FAFSA stuff straightened out for grad school. Just hope and pray everything works out. Oh & just for a recap first semester classes will all be online except for labs right? For anyone that lives in Flint or the surrounding area like Grand Blanc, etc, any recommendations on apartments? I was looking at The Landings @ Fountain Pointe in Grand Blanc. Anyone familiar with it? Thanks & best of luck to everyone.

Yes I am hopeful of this as well! I am from the Flint area and Grand Blanc would be a wonderful place to live. I’m not super familiar with that specific complex but I’ve had friends that lived in Perry Place Apartments which I’ve heard are also nice. I might check out some that are a little closer to downtown GB but I think it’s all personal preference. And yes, from what I understand, the first semester will likely be online with in person lab!

1 hour ago, DOCRAH said:

Hi Flint area resident and former genesee county EMT, landings is not the best. Thornridge is good! Grand blanc area is nice as is fenton and Swartz creek. Davison is also nice and right off of 69! Burton can be a little sketchy so I'd avoid that. 

Hey guys! I’ve seen quite a few post about FAFSA so far... you can apply now & send to U Mich even if you have not yet been accepted. I applied awhile back as I was accepted to another Jan start date school & sent in to UMich then. I would do it sooner rather than later so you guys don’t have any bumps or if something comes up you have plenty of time to do it!

They will hold that information from FAFSA until they send out financial aid info.

• Like 3