MICHIGAN: University of Michigan- Flint

2 hours ago, madi.loruss said:

For those who interviewed do you have to stay on camera when you scan your essays in? Just wondering if I need to move my printer or not! 

I didn’t interview yesterday, but I would assume it’s ok? They didn’t specify anything in regards to that when I read the detailed email they sent on the 20th. They said any application is fine. But if you want to stay on the safe side, I would move the printer. That’s what I would of done if I was in your position. Good luck with your interview today! You’ll do great! 

2 hours ago, madi.loruss said:

Ok just finished my interview. They are super helpful and walk you through every step. It is not MMI style just two traditional interviews. Overall was very happy with the experience in general. Good luck everyone. Now to wait till October 😭

Omg....they said they wouldn't let people know until October when it starts in January??!! They say anything abt the accreditation visit in September? Thanks for the information 

Edited by DOCRAH

2 hours ago, DOCRAH said:

Omg....they said they wouldn't let people know until October when it starts in January??!! They say anything abt the accreditation visit in September? Thanks for the information 

Yes. They said they won't give out invites until they know they are accredited. The meeting is scheduled for middle of September but subject to change as COVID changes everything. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, madi.loruss said:

Yes. They said they won't give out invites until they know they are accredited. The meeting is scheduled for middle of September but subject to change as COVID changes everything. 

Thanks for that. Did they say whether the first semester or year of school would be delivered online or in person? Thanks.

Just finished my interview 30 mins ago and the entire process wasn't bad at all. At the end of the Q & A portion of the interview the clinical coordinator who attended the session as a moderator said at the latest we would be notified would be November 2nd @ 5pm but that it would most likely be earlier than that in October sometime. They've already had the accreditation visit and the decision will become known to them mid September or early October but it all depends on how things play out due to COVID-19. If anyone else has to interview best of luck to you. You'll definitely do great!!

Edited by DOCRAH
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, renadaw said:

Congratulations to all that have interviewed. I am applying to the next cycle and was wondering if anyone here got an interview that had requested a 60 credit hour waiver. I'm hoping this does not alter my chances of getting in. 

Thanks 

Hello 🙂 I don't see a reason why it would hurt your chances, I think if your last 60 hours better represent how you perform as a student, then requesting the waiver is a good idea and should benefit your case. My CASPA-calculated cumulative GPA was actually under the acceptable minimum to apply, so the waiver allowed me to apply and be a bit more "competitive".

1 hour ago, madi.loruss said:

Does anyone know the official date of the accreditation meeting in September? 

I have no idea tbvh. On their webpage, all it says is September 2020 - no actual date given. I do hope though that when this meeting happens they would let us know as soon as they can. Until then, the wait game continues :)) 

• Upvote 2