MICHIGAN: University of Michigan- Flint

23 hours ago, duhkevinz said:

About 13 out of 47 programs being reviewed at this meeting for provisional accreditation.

Iā€™m not sure how many programs applied in previous years but I see typically 4-8 programs get approved for provisional at each meeting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you see this?Ā 

On 10/5/2020 at 3:56 PM, duhkevinz said:

About 13 out of 47 programs being reviewed at this meeting for provisional accreditation.

Iā€™m not sure how many programs applied in previous years but I see typically 4-8 programs get approved for provisional at each meeting.

Yeah it happens that'sĀ why Iā€™m glad UofM flint is not sending out acceptances before receivingĀ Ā accreditation.Ā 

13 hours ago, duhkevinz said:

Check out the other thread regarding Mississippi State. They may have heard back informally.

I saw that someone was told they were accepted to Mississippi, but it doesn't say on their website anywhere anything about if they were waiting to inform applicants until they hear. Hopefully they did and U Of M has also heard!

HI everyone! I was accepted at mississippi state,Ā and IĀ am reading your thread to stalk other programs that applied for accreditation as well. As you can see, the waiting game is KILLING me as well lol. We were accepted in a very vague email. It was obvious that they did not want to send out the acceptance emails before they heard back, but promised us that we would hear by October so they kept their word.Ā 

Ā 

If you haven't heard about accreditation statusĀ by the time I have thenĀ I will post in to hopefully let you guys know yours is coming soon!

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Jacks said:

HI everyone! I was accepted at mississippi state,Ā and IĀ am reading your thread to stalk other programs that applied for accreditation as well. As you can see, the waiting game is KILLING me as well lol. We were accepted in a very vague email. It was obvious that they did not want to send out the acceptance emails before they heard back, but promised us that we would hear by October so they kept their word.Ā 

Ā 

If you haven't heard about accreditation statusĀ by the time I have thenĀ I will post in to hopefully let you guys know yours is coming soon!

Haha welcome to the Michigan thread and thank you for your kind insight! It helps to know at least we're not alone.Ā šŸ˜„Ā Best of luck to you!

Edit: congratulations, by the way!

Edited by LalalauraB

9 hours ago, ScrubsForever said:

Anyone else starting to worry they won't be accredited this year, and that this wait and all our effortsĀ will all be for nothing?Ā šŸ˜­Ā Or is thatĀ irrational?Ā 

YourĀ worries are completely rational. But we have to stay realistic and positive. ThereĀ is a possibility that theyĀ donā€™t get accredited,Ā however I donā€™t believe that to be the case. Most programs DOĀ get accredited. UofM flint was the first application I submitted and theĀ one I spent the most time on so I too hope that my patience will pay off. And if it doesnā€™t well I sure learned a lot about myself and what I want throughout the process. We made it this far and have a few more weeks left. We can do this! Informally, I believe that UofM will find out this week I have a weird hunch forĀ oct 15. And it will be posted online by nov. UofM told us not to contact them bfr Nov 3rd so thatā€™s the day Iā€™m waiting forĀ šŸ™‚Ā 

Edited by FuturePA313
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, madi.loruss said:

I just wanted to say you guys are all so supportive and I'm so glad I found this forum! I don't know where I would be without it and you!!Ā 

Praying we all get good news soon because you guys would be amazing to have as a cohort and start our PA journey with!Ā 

Yes I absolutely agree! This forum has kept me somewhat sane and the support you guys have shown this whole community is incredible!

Ā 

I really hope I can meet you all in JanuaryšŸ˜­

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, angkthomas said:

I agree with you all šŸ™‚Ā This is definitely a supportive bunch! It would be amazing if we all got accepted together and started in Jan! Hereā€™s hoping šŸ™šŸ½šŸ¤žšŸ¼
Ā 

Btw, howā€™s everyone doing??Ā 

Honestly, I'm struggling lol. I'm getting stressed out about applying for financial aid and I'm not sure if I should before the program even knows if it is going to run!Ā 

24 minutes ago, madi.loruss said:

Honestly, I'm struggling lol. I'm getting stressed out about applying for financial aid and I'm not sure if I should before the program even knows if it is going to run!Ā 

I definitely feel where you are coming from!! The deadline in November that they saidĀ they will let us know by will be 3 weeks from tmrw...I just hope we get an answer sooner than that. The waiting is starting to get to me a little bit I must admit. I'm just beyond ready to know. I mean they have to know by now most definitely who is matriculating or not. They could give us a hint lolšŸ˜but I know they have to have that provisional accreditation first.. All jokes aside hopefully we hear something sometime this week. Fingers crossed & prayers upšŸ¤žšŸ™šŸ½

• Like 2

1 hour ago, madi.loruss said:

Hang in there! If I had to guess I'd say we could possibly hear something this week or next. That would put the time-frame within 3-4 weeks after the accreditation meeting. I doubt they'll wait until the very last minute.

• Like 2

Hang in there! If I had to guess I'd say we could possibly hear something this week or next. That would put the time-frame within 3-4 weeks after the accreditation meeting. I doubt they'll wait until the very last minute.

I have done a lot of research and some schools previously actually waited until they got the official accreditation letter to release results (first week of November). A lot of people complained but they eventually had a full cohort.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, duhkevinz said:

I have done a lot of research and some schools previously actually waited until they got the official accreditation letter to release results (first week of November). A lot of people complained but they eventually had a full cohort.

If that's true that's not the best news...especially if any of us have to move if we aren't local to the area....but like you said we will complain but we will still show up to class on Day 1 because becoming a PA-C is the ultimate goal. Hopefully everything with subsequent classes that matriculate into this program will go much smoother.

• Like 1

If that's true that's not the best news...especially if any of us have to move if we aren't local to the area....but like you said we will complain but we will still show up to class on Day 1 because becoming a PA-C is the ultimate goal. Hopefully everything with subsequent classes that matriculate into this program will go much smoother.

Right. A lot of schools actually are in the same situation with accreditation. For example, summer or fall start programs have their accreditation meeting in March typically. Still only gives students a couple of months or less to figure out moving, financial aid, logistics, etc.

Ā 

Schools in a way, are like a business. Why wait to start when you got the OK to open up? Staff has to be paid either way.

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, madi.loruss said:

Iā€™m also feeling the same about whether or not I should be applying for it as well! The timeframe from when weā€™ll get to know to the start date isnā€™t that much. But I still have high hopes! Idk if you guys read the description of the faculty on their webpage but the current program director worked for ARC-PA previously as a site visitorĀ so Iā€™d say she has a pretty good idea of what they expect of šŸ™‚Ā 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, angkthomas said:

Iā€™m also feeling the same about whether or not I should be applying for it as well! The timeframe from when weā€™ll get to know to the start date isnā€™t that much. But I still have high hopes! Idk if you guys read the description of the faculty on their webpage but the current program director worked for ARC-PA previously as a site visitorĀ so Iā€™d say she has a pretty good idea of what they expect of šŸ™‚Ā 

You're right. If anyone would know how to have a new PA program tailor made to become accredited it would be our future program director. Appreciate that info. Puts my mind at ease a bit. Thanks.

• Like 1