MICHIGAN: University of Michigan- Flint

19 hours ago, hjoslin said:

I wasn’t able to attend the meeting, did they share any more information about interview invitations or anything ? 

Not a whole lot, just that they'll be sent within the next month (as of May 27th) and they're just working on setting up interview dates! Fingers crossed that it's soon. Here's the link to the meeting, hopefully it works okay 😄

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, LalalauraB said:

Not a whole lot, just that they'll be sent within the next month (as of May 27th) and they're just working on setting up interview dates! Fingers crossed that it's soon. Here's the link to the meeting, hopefully it works okay 😄

Thank you for the link @LalalauraB. They talked about the interview notice coming out next month at time 53:40  A following question was presented about the format. It's going to be online and similar to an in person interview. A writing sample will be requested. Something to note though, there will be an accreditation onsite visit next week 6/15 and 6/16 which I think should not change anything, but it may be depending on how that evaluation/visit goes IMO. 

• Upvote 1

So I just got an "email" from the Flint grad office with the subject "UM-Flint Application Status", but I am 99.5% sure it is spam! Do not open the link in the email if you receive one!! I was in the middle of an online lab meeting, checking my email on my phone, and my heart was too excited so I opened it on my phone. 😬

Anyone else get one? On a more hopeful note; I hope we hear back regarding interviews or rejections or anything soon!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LalalauraB said:

So I just got an "email" from the Flint grad office with the subject "UM-Flint Application Status", but I am 99.5% sure it is spam! Do not open the link in the email if you receive one!! I was in the middle of an online lab meeting, checking my email on my phone, and my heart was too excited so I opened it on my phone. 😬

Anyone else get one? On a more hopeful note; I hope we hear back regarding interviews or rejections or anything soon!

Yes, I got the email too. It's from adm1@thegaiahotel.com definitely NOT from flint. Thank you for the warning. It was already in my junk folder. 

• Like 1

Does anyone have a link from today's info session by chance? I attended, but had to leave early. Or did they have any updates on when we will hear about interviews?

In regards to the interviews, they just said “very soon.” They didn’t give dates but just said they planned on interviews via web at the end of July.

But they did say that they would send out interviews before the end of June right?

I thought that the goal was for that to happen originally but honestly if they did, I didn’t catch it. They didn’t really go into much detail about the interviews for this cycle. They just kept saying soon.

4 minutes ago, hjoslin said:

I thought that the goal was for that to happen originally but honestly if they did, I didn’t catch it. They didn’t really go into much detail about the interviews for this cycle. They just kept saying soon.

🥺🤦‍♂️Well I hope they send them out soon as we are two months into a new application cycle and this is late to be receiving interviews for an already closed cycle in my opinion; but it is a developing program and they had to deal with COVID-19 as well so🤷‍♂️

Edited by DOCRAH

[emoji3064][emoji2357]Well I hope they send them out soon as we are two months into a new application cycle and this is late to be receiving interviews for an already closed cycle in my opinion.

I hear you, I’m starting to get nervous. But they also said that if we plan on applying there next cycle, to make sure that we get the official denial (or no interview) before we apply again. She just said that it makes it more difficult.

Just now, hjoslin said:

I hear you, I’m starting to get nervous. But they also said that if we plan on applying there next cycle, to make sure that we get the official denial (or no interview) before we apply again. She just said that it makes it more difficult.

Thank you for your response! I'm hoping they send rejections soon too. I know their cycle is styled a bit differently like some other schools like EVMS, so I'm not awfully worried, but I am sort of dying to hear any sort of decision lol!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hjoslin said:

That makes sense to hear from the program first before we apply again, but at the same time I can understand how an applicant could worry because they haven't even sent us any updates on how the accreditation meeting visit went yet??

• Like 1

Just now, madi.loruss said:

Hi I just wanted to put out there that they are actively looking at applications as of last week!! Very anxious as you all are but I keep reminding myself that they are looking at them. Hope this helps ease some nerves and hope we all hear soon! 

How do you know this? Just curious?

6 minutes ago, madi.loruss said:

Hi I just wanted to put out there that they are actively looking at applications as of last week!! Very anxious as you all are but I keep reminding myself that they are looking at them. Hope this helps ease some nerves and hope we all hear soon! 

Thank you, this is so kind!! I wonder how many applications they received and how many they'll interview...

3 minutes ago, madi.loruss said:

A PA I know with is review some for them. 

Oh okay. Thanks for the info tidbit. I do remember them saying in one of the webinars that they let PA's outside the admissions office look at our apps and they help decide whom they feel would be good candidates to interview.

Edited by DOCRAH

2 minutes ago, madi.loruss said:

I personally like that they do that! 

As do I. It's very different. Maybe some of those same PA's might see our apps and our CASPA narratives and/or maybe some of us with just a 3.0 or 3.2 GPA might remind them that they were that same student years ago trying to get into a program and how someone took a chance on them...you never know as that could work in our favor??🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, Popup123 said:

When does this application open. And if it’s open what do I search on caspa to submit my application?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The app opened last October, 2019, and closed this Feb or March 2020. The new cycle will open most likely again this upcoming October.

Edited by ScoOpYSloop0310
Double words