MICHIGAN: University of Michigan- Flint

10 minutes ago, angkthomas said:

I’m also feeling the same about whether or not I should be applying for it as well! The timeframe from when we’ll get to know to the start date isn’t that much. But I still have high hopes! Idk if you guys read the description of the faculty on their webpage but the current program director worked for ARC-PA previously as a site visitor so I’d say she has a pretty good idea of what they expect of 🙂 

She was also heavily involved in Waynes program as well! She knows her stuff thats for sure!

• Like 4

On 10/12/2020 at 2:38 PM, angkthomas said:

I’m also feeling the same about whether or not I should be applying for it as well! The timeframe from when we’ll get to know to the start date isn’t that much. But I still have high hopes! Idk if you guys read the description of the faculty on their webpage but the current program director worked for ARC-PA previously as a site visitor so I’d say she has a pretty good idea of what they expect of 🙂 

I applied for fafsa about a month ago I think? Idk tho because was even is time at this point?

I just got my GVSU rejection today. So I’m officially waiting to hear back from 7 or 8 more programs this cycle. 

Words can’t even describe this emotional rollercoaster that we’re going through right now.

I hope everyone’s taking care of themselves and trying to stay positive. This could be the one good thing that comes out of 2020.

also, I’m tired of drawing blood lol I’m ready to level up!

• Sad 2

20 minutes ago, DanaJur said:

I applied for fafsa about a month ago I think? Idk tho because was even is time at this point?

I just got my GVSU rejection today. So I’m officially waiting to hear back from 7 or 8 more programs this cycle. 

Words can’t even describe this emotional rollercoaster that we’re going through right now.

I hope everyone’s taking care of themselves and trying to stay positive. This could be the one good thing that comes out of 2020.

also, I’m tired of drawing blood lol I’m ready to level 

I got my GVSU rejection as well. I only have u of m, MSU and Madison Wisconsin now and I'm very very nervous. Looks like Im need to apply to some late closing schools soon. 

• Upvote 1

@DanaJur hey, I can relate to your post so much. I also got a rejection email today. And I don’t have that many more programs to hear from compared to the 20 schools I applied too this cycle. Really frustrating as none of the programs have commented on what I can do to improve my application. They just tell me to apply to other programs... I’ve done everything i can to prepare the last four years and don’t see my self doing anything else. honestly, I started crying at work yesterday because I don’t want to clean shit for the rest of my life and I’m tired of getting pulled to sit (nurse tech problems). here’s to hoping we hear good news very very soon. The fact that we already interviewed with flint mean we have a really good shot 😊

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MellifluousButterfly said:

This might be a long shot— there is no way this program would accept Abnormal Psych instead of developmental psych right? 

I would really doubt it. Developmental is looking for psych throughout the lifespan. It’s a fairly common prerequisite for a lot of schools. A lot of schools I know for sure do not accept anything in place unless it’s titled like psychology throughout the lifespan.

On 10/11/2020 at 8:28 AM, FuturePA313 said:

Your worries are completely rational. But we have to stay realistic and positive. There is a possibility that they don’t get accredited, however I don’t believe that to be the case. Most programs DO get accredited. UofM flint was the first application I submitted and the one I spent the most time on so I too hope that my patience will pay off. And if it doesn’t well I sure learned a lot about myself and what I want throughout the process. We made it this far and have a few more weeks left. We can do this! Informally, I believe that UofM will find out this week I have a weird hunch for oct 15. And it will be posted online by nov. UofM told us not to contact them bfr Nov 3rd so that’s the day I’m waiting for 🙂 

Here's to hoping you're right lol!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, duhkevinz said:

Learned that some schools heard back regarding accreditation already but cannot officially say anything. I do not have information on this school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious as to how you know this as well?  Also why can't the programs officially say anything? Did you used to be part of the ARC-PA accrediting board or do you know someone that works with the board & they are giving you updates?

2 minutes ago, Ndiroff1 said:

Oh wow. Didn't expect to hear that.

You and me both! I am kinda really disappointed cause this was my second choice behind UofM. I am a little biased being  a U of M graduate but you cant get wrong with a Big 10 schools name behind you in my opinion. I know a lot of people were really excited about it so I hope they are able to start eventually. 

Just now, madi.loruss said:

You and me both! I am kinda really disappointed cause this was my second choice behind UofM. I am a little biased being  a U of M graduate but you cant get wrong with a Big 10 schools name behind you in my opinion. I know a lot of people were really excited about it so I hope they are able to start eventually. 

Haha likewise. UM graduate here too. But I was kind of excited to for MSU's program as well. Hopefully things went well with UM-Flint at their meeting 🤞

• Like 3

Hello,  I have not applied this cycle but have been keeping up with this forum for next cycle. I actually called the ARC-PA and they said all programs will know within the next 3 weeks. They send out the letters to all at the same time, she also said that none of the letters from Septembers visit have been sent out yet. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

20 minutes ago, renadaw said:

Hello,  I have not applied this cycle but have been keeping up with this forum for next cycle. I actually called the ARC-PA and they said all programs will know within the next 3 weeks. They send out the letters to all at the same time, she also said that none of the letters from Septembers visit have been sent out yet. 

Ohhhh. Did you call today? UofM said we’ll know in October and not to contact them before nov 3rd. You’re right they do receive a letter and ARC posts on their website in November, but that’s usually after the programs are informed “informally.” I’ve been stalking other new program forums and theirs respective school website I have not seen any accreditation updates as of today. But with Michigan state postponing their class I’m 90% sure it’s because of the accreditation meeting. Someone else posted in the forum that they attended an information meeting recently and that the program already knows who they’re going to send interview invites too they were just waiting for the accreditation. So within a week that changed 180. Makes me believe they had a few issues to work on or COVID?? Concordia Ann Arbor posted that they received they’re accreditation 16 days after the ARC meeting in June. https://blog.cuaa.edu/pa-program/
Soooo we should be hearing really really soon. But with covid I have no idea 😕

• Like 2

16 hours ago, madi.loruss said:

MSU just announced they are moving their matriculation to 2022. I do not know for sure if they have heard about their accreditation and that was their reasoning but they said they need more time to get the program together. They are sending back the application fee and asked us to apply again next year. 

Wow that's crazy and unfortunate. My apologies to you and all those that applied to MSU. I wonder if those that are getting refunded will automatically receive interviews again for next cycle? I hope U of M Flint doesn't follow suit also.