VIRGINIA: EVMS CASPA Cycle for the Class of 2022

Following up on my invite post --I'm on the lower end for GPA! Not sure about specifics since I can't see my previous CASPA anymore

Cumulative GPA: 3.5

last 30 credit hours: 4.0 

HCE: 1000

Shadowing: 20 with an ortho PA-C; I also scribed for PAs which I noted in HCE

PCE: 4000

Research: 2000

Volunteer: 600

Edited by KWilks
clarification
  • Like 1

To those that have not heard back yet,  do not get discouraged. I know how it feels because I was in the exact same position last year waiting and stressing and worrying. There will be more waves of invites going out probably Friday and then again next week.  Trust the process! We are all going to be amazing PAs someday. 😃

• Like 1

I do want everyone who hasn't gotten an interview to keep their head up. Yeah you probably hear that a lot, but it's the truth. If you get rejected give yourself a day or two to be pissed off/cry/sulk/drink. Then re-evaluate yourself, application, and ask yourself if this is what you want to do as a career. If it is then go through your entire application and see where you can improve. This was the 3rd cycle and finally got an interview at EVMS. I am on my 4th cycle applying to other schools at this very moment (hopefully I just get into EVMS and not have to worry). Call and email them at the end of September/Early October to see where your faults were in your application. You should know what they are going to say and have already been ahead of the game, but emailing and showing interest means something. Re-take those pre-requisite courses, continue getting hours, shadow, volunteer, etc.

Pre-Req GPA: 3.8

Graduate GPA: 3.9

PC hours: 8,000+

Volunteer: 500+ in various places

Shadowing: 100+ (Neuro surg PA, Hospitalist PA, ENT PA, and Primary Care/HIV/HCV NP)

• Like 4

Okay I signed up for Monday July 15th morning session! For everyone still waiting I know where you have been, sitting and waiting and refreshing and praying for that email. I can say I was speechless to be invited this early my second time applying. There are three waves of interviews spanning into late June. So don’t give up hope and try to take your mind off things, so you don’t explode. It doesn’t matter how long it takes, what matters is that you will stop at nothing to become a PA!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NatalieH said:

I'm in-state-- I live 4 blocks from the school if anyone has questions about the area!

That would be great! Is it ok to get your email? I'm from Chicago and I've never been to Virginia before. I will be interviewing on Friday July 12th, but I'll probably be there  two or three days before. Chicago weather can be so unpredictable sometimes that I don't want to risk missing my interview due to any flight cancellations.

• Like 1

Guest SecondCareerPrePA
23 hours ago, NatalieH said:

I'm in-state-- I live 4 blocks from the school if anyone has questions about the area!

Six blocks away here.  Same: ask away about Ghent and Norfolk.

On 6/4/2019 at 8:17 PM, 2018 cycle applicant said:

I'm local from Chesapeake VA, will be interviewing on the 13th!!! Good luck to everyone coming that weekend. 🙂  

I applied last year ,did not get an interview... and a year later I got an interview in the first group, shows you really can improve your application and make it. 

Exact same scenario for me. From no interview to wave 1. Anything is possible!