VIRGINIA: EVMS CASPA Cycle for the Class of 2022

I’m in agreement, I think that may be the end of invites. I’m going to let this one simmer and sting for awhile. Perhaps be a little (or very) bitter. Still, I’m very happy for those that received invites and wish you all the best. To those who did not, keep working and you will certainly reach your goals. 

Guest SecondCareerPrePA
On 6/11/2019 at 12:28 PM, Zetty said:

I received an invite to interview at 9a EST this morning! I will traveling from Montana and interviewing Monday July 15th at 12:45p. Would love to meet up the weekend before. 

My stats: 

GPA: 3.2

Last 40 credits: 4.0

PCE: 6000 hours +

Volunteer: 250

Shadowing: 65

Does anyone have an approximate idea of how many seats are available to third wave interviews? Are seats decided upon after each interview day?

Totally speculating here, but I assume there's some sort of rubric that admissions uses to score your GPAs, CASPer, recommendations, statement, HCE hours, volunteering, shadowing, resume, how many times applied, et cetera.  Going into your interview, they say they are just feeling you out as a person and not going through your app, so another score to add to your grand total.  Then, possibly after all three days, they'll do a final ranking and send out acceptances, waitlists, and rejection letters.  Sounds like most people hear within a week or two.

Just got my rejection email as well. Feeling a little disappointed, but also feeling determined to be a better applicant next round. This was my second round, so hopefully third times a charm. Good luck to those with interviews, and good luck to the rest waiting for interviews elsewhere or reapplying. Think of how far you came and don’t lose sight of your goal!!! You got this. 🙂

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Mems94 said:

Hey everyone! I received an interview offer yesterday! There was actually a significant discrepancy with my prerequisite GPA calculations on their end...thankfully I got it cleared up and received an interview a few hours later. 

How did you figure out there was a discrepancy?

2 minutes ago, hajselimovic said:

How did you figure out there was a discrepancy?

I had emailed at the beginning of the month to check that my GPA calculation was correct (last year they didn’t count one of my classes by mistake) so when I got an email back yesterday with the wrong stats I called. They had somehow used my old grades for the prerequisites instead of the re-take classes that were As. 

1 hour ago, Mems94 said:

I had emailed at the beginning of the month to check that my GPA calculation was correct (last year they didn’t count one of my classes by mistake) so when I got an email back yesterday with the wrong stats I called. They had somehow used my old grades for the prerequisites instead of the re-take classes that were As. 

It sounds like there are some consistent errors with GPA calculations... and how did you find out last year that they didn’t count one of your classes by mistake?

Rejection email just received. I’m going to post it on my fridge, mirror, etc to encourage me and remind me how bad rejection sucks. I don’t think I’ll be applying  to PA school in the future though. I thought it was the reasonable step for a veteran paramedic. Now I’m not thinking it is. 
All the best to everyone. 

Hey medic don’t give up.. I didn’t get In the first time and I’m shocked to get a interview the first round, but the hard work paid off and I got an interview this time. If being a PA is your dream don’t give up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, patobe82 said:

Hey medic don’t give up.. I didn’t get In the first time and I’m shocked to get a interview the first round, but the hard work paid off and I got an interview this time. If being a PA is your dream don’t give up!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not giving up, just going another direction. Thanks for your words. Best of luck to you. 

41 minutes ago, Lilygirl8 said:

It sounds like there are some consistent errors with GPA calculations... and how did you find out last year that they didn’t count one of your classes by mistake?

I emailed the program (the admissions director specifically) to go over my application and asked what I could improve on, he then broke down my stats for me and made suggestions. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DaniellePowell said:

I am concerned. I have not heard anything at all: rejection or interview invite. Should I call and ask the status of my application? This is my first year applying to this program but 3rd year applying overall to PA school. 

I would. Or you still might be one of the few to receive a call to fill in an interview spot. But word to the wise, I called personally during the week the interview offers opened to find out they failed to even process my application and had to jump through hoops to have it reviewed. With that being said, I received a rejection e-mail yesterday. I just have a feeling it could have gone the other way had it been processed on time with the rest and not after they had already chosen the applicants to invite.

Congrats to everyone  invited for interviews! Has anyone received any information about where to report for the interview? I am in the 7:45am session on July 12th and want to make sure I get a hotel close enough so that I don't have to travel far in the morning but the information I have received from EVMS just lists the date/time and not a location. I am assuming it will be part of the EVMS campus but I just want to make sure I didn't miss anything. 

And good luck to those still waiting to hear! 

7 minutes ago, emmipa said:

Congrats to everyone  invited for interviews! Has anyone received any information about where to report for the interview? I am in the 7:45am session on July 12th and want to make sure I get a hotel close enough so that I don't have to travel far in the morning but the information I have received from EVMS just lists the date/time and not a location. I am assuming it will be part of the EVMS campus but I just want to make sure I didn't miss anything. 

And good luck to those still waiting to hear! 

Current student here.

Yes, your interview will be held on the EVMS campus.  I recommend staying at the Marriott that’s closest to campus so you can walk (10 minutes) or have a cheap Uber.  Good luck everyone!  It’s almost here!

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/orfrn-residence-inn-norfolk-downtown/?scid=bb1a189a-fec3-4d19-a255-54ba596febe2

Sandi

• Like 3