VIRGINIA: EVMS CASPA Cycle for the Class of 2022

Guest SecondCareerPrePA

Darn email was in my junk mail!  Long time coming...

So, last cycle I was a prereq GPA 3.7, and a replacement (last 40) GPA 3.2 (mediocre grad school grades at VCU).  After two med term courses at Tidewater CC and retaking physiology (UNE online) I am a prereq GPA 3.9, and a replacement (last 40) GPA 3.7.  HCE hours are near 16,000 and include caretaking for Hope House as well as nurse assisting in an OR.  LORs were from the head of anesthesia for the hospital, the OR charge nurse, and my physiology prof.  If you haven't heard anything, please stay hopeful, there will be more waves of invites, and sometimes it's a two or three year process like mine.  EVMS definitely looks at applicants holistically, and rewards determination.

Hi guys, so my stats aren't the greatest, but i still managed to get an interview 😃 

I will be interviewing on Friday, July 12th at 7:45am

My stats are: 

Cumulative GPA: 3.4

Science gpa: 3.2

pre-req gpa: 3.5

PA Shadowing: 8 hours (at the time of application)

HCE: ~1500

Volunteer: ~300 

There is still hope guys!!

Edited by miche12x
  • Like 2

If you didn't get an email yet, hang in there! Don't be discouraged! There are still two email waves or so left and since EVMS apps are due the last day of the cycle, there are lots of students that have accepted seats elsewhere. Doesn't matter if you get the email the first day or you come off a waiting list, it won't matter as long as you can get accepted! Best of luck everyone!!!

Vicky

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sunrise230 said:

Me too!  They say they look at candidates holistically, but I'm seeing a lot of very high GPAs

Hey sunrise230, 

Don't lose hope yet. My GPAs were pretty average (closer to the lower mark) and I was fortunate enough to get an interview. 

Maybe the order they  send the invitations are based on when each student submitted their application or got all their requirements in. 

2 minutes ago, miche12x said:

Hey sunrise230, 

Don't lose hope yet. My GPAs were pretty average (closer to the lower mark) and I was fortunate enough to get an interview. 

Maybe the order they  send the invitations are based on when each student submitted their application or got all their requirements in. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi all! I was a second time applicant for EVMS, interviewed last year and did not get in, and received another invite for interviewing last night! I will be turning it down as I have already committed to another program! Best of luck to all waiting. Hang in there! Your time will come! ❤️ 

• Like 1