If you are in first tier of Covid Immunization, will you take it as soon as it is made available or are you considering waitin for a few month's?

I will get it as soon as possible at this point. So many stealth covid patients recently. No covid sx, yet we test at time of admit for something else and they are +

STEMI: covid+

DKA covid +

Ruptured ectopic covid +

I am going back to Haiti in January and hope to have had the full series before I go. I will be on the first team allowed into the country since last year. I was on the last team out and will be on the first one in. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EMEDPA said:

I will get it as soon as possible at this point. So many stealth covid patients recently. No covid sx, yet we test at time of admit for something else and they are +

Agreed.  G3P2 34 wk pregnant female with persistent tachycardia - due to have C-section @ 37 wks d/t infant having coarctation of the aorta, not improving after fluids.  CTA of chest: guess what - no PE, but has patchy ground glass opacities.

What was nice was she already had the pulse ox I was about to prescribe for her.  Maternal-Fetal medicine liked the home monitoring approach since she wasn't hypoxic when we ambulated her in the department.

• Like 1

I haven't gone a day without COVID+ patients in nearly 9 months and work in one of the worst areas per capita, but seem to have lucked out so far.  I know that won't last forever, so I'll be getting the vaccine once it's offered.  Our small community hospital is trying to buy a -80c freezer for the Pfizer vaccine.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Soooooo I guess I can tell everyone now, I volunteered for the Covid-19 vaccine trial in partnership with Pfizer. It's the one that has been developed in Russia. I received my first dose last Tuesday, and I wanted to let you all know that it’s completely safe, with иo side effects whatsoeveя, and that I feelshκι я чувю себя немного стрно и я думю, что вытл осные уши

Stolen from facebook, but still funny..

• Haha 3

We’re getting the Pfizer vaccine starting 12/21. I’m part of the first wave, and I will be getting it. We’ve been asked not to get it on a work day, or right before a string of workdays, because apparently there are a lot of people feeling like shit for a day afterwards and we can’t afford a mass sick call.

-Hospitalist

1 hour ago, greenmood said:

We’re getting the Pfizer vaccine starting 12/21. I’m part of the first wave, and I will be getting it. We’ve been asked not to get it on a work day, or right before a string of workdays, because apparently there are a lot of people feeling like shit for a day afterwards and we can’t afford a mass sick call.

-Hospitalist

the data so far (what I have read)

after first vaccine not bad

after second vaccine up to 25% feel really bad for up to 2 days

If workplace is mandating it there is some thoughts that adverse events, fever, days out of work should be covered as a COMP issue, but then you get into the whole vaccine compensation fund.......

course in one day of vaccine admin in UK they have now said if you have Hx of anaphylaxis that you should not get the phizer vaccine..... we truly don't know....

1 hour ago, greenmood said:

It’s not mandatory. We have to actively opt IN. Some of my coworkers are skipping it, but it’s almost all because they feel low risk and not because of concern over side effects. They reason that if they skip it, more people further back in the line who may be higher risk can get it.

I've heard that reasoning as well, but if you're working healthcare you are exposing a lot more people than other individuals.  You get it and transmit it you'll cause more harm. (Opinion of course)

• Like 1

Nothing as bad as the military

on mobility for Korea defense

They litterally lined us up like cattle, and through the mass vaccine process we went - to this day I am still not sure what I got... think Hep B, Yellow Fever, something else, and something else..... yeah ask the question to the person giving the vaccine and you got nowhere, ask for more info and you go no where, just shut up and take it......

I am honestly concerned about an allergic reaction for the first time in my life.

We will get Moderna most likely at work. Maybe next two weeks. 

I am super allergic to the weirdest things and get random hives still. No anaphylaxis to date. 

Will definitely want to be monitored afterwards.

I believe in vaccines - just a tad concerned at this time.