If you are in first tier of Covid Immunization, will you take it as soon as it is made available or are you considering waitin for a few month's?

I would be willing to be first in line to get it and actually signed up for test trials (but was never called.)  The Bible tells me I am supposed to think better of others than of myself, so that means being willing to take the risk of side effects instead of other people having to.  But now I've had COVID, so I should have more antibodies than most of the population.  It seems like it would be selfish for me to get the vaccine until supplies are abundant, since other people need it so much more than I do.  If there aren't enough people who haven't had COVID willing to get the vaccine and there are extra vaccines still available, I will gladly get one, since I don't know how long my naturally acquired antibodies will last.

I have been working clinic and ER -  I am seeing many of my post COVID patients with complaints of chronic fatigue, headaches, brain fog, myalgias, random palpitations and a generally feeling chronically bad.   In addition I have a handful of patients that are 8-10 weeks out have have not regained sense of taste or smell back yet.    They want to know if this is permanent - I don't know.       These are people that have had "mild" cases.    

The ER has been offering the vaccine to us when it comes available - so I signed up.    I had been going back and forth on taking it since the vaccines have all been rushed - but this past week after seeing our cases spike and hospital admissions soar - I made the jump.   

• Sad 1

Given my age and the fact that I do EM and want to start seeing my elderly and infirm mother again, I'm going to take whatever vaccine is offered to us.

Frankly, I'm worried about the next several months.  We're already calling multiple hospitals whenever we need to transfer a patient to an ICU.  (We're a small rural CAH)  We're already contingency planning for what we're going to do if we have to keep someone we've intubated for any reason.  We have no RT's, only 2 nurses in the ED, and the floor nurses aren't familiar with vents.

16 minutes ago, ohiovolffemtp said:

Given my age and the fact that I do EM and want to start seeing my elderly and infirm mother again, I'm going to take whatever vaccine is offered to us.

Frankly, I'm worried about the next several months.  We're already calling multiple hospitals whenever we need to transfer a patient to an ICU.  (We're a small rural CAH)  We're already contingency planning for what we're going to do if we have to keep someone we've intubated for any reason.  We have no RT's, only 2 nurses in the ED, and the floor nurses aren't familiar with vents.

Maybe you'll end up the highest paid RT in history?

I don't know about that.  But, before our EMS had vents, I did have to ride with them on an ICU transfer on a patient I had intubated.  Had to call the day doc back in to cover the ED while I went.  Billed critical care time for the entire transport.  Guess it did make me an RT for awhile.

We've only got 1 vent plus a portable one we're going to inherit from EMS.  If we hold a patient, that will tie up 1 of my 2 ED nurses - won't be fun if we get a second critical patient.

On 11/22/2020 at 9:17 AM, CJAadmission said:

I'm going to let all y'all test it out before I give it a try. 

Someone has to take care of you when you all get MS/autism/Guillain-Barre.   😜

I'm just thrilled about the 5G nano-chips that will be injected in my arm, verizon wireless has been getting crazy expensive...can't wait to become my own personal 5g hotspot

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

My hospital will likely be getting a shipment in a couple of weeks. I will get the vaccine right away, sign me up. It's crazy that we feel the need to justify getting the vaccine. Does that seem crazy to anyone else? It's been through 3 phases. They have between 94-95% efficacy with reported 100% chance of surviving covid if vaccinated and infected... 

interestingly tho, I am in no hurry to get my kids vaccinated

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Lexapro said:

Yes. I'm going to be in the first group in my state. Looks like I'll be getting the first dose in about 2 weeks. I'm not worried about the vaccine. I've seen some really awful post-covid syndromes though, and I'd like to avoid that.

Hospitalist MD at my old place was part of the trial. Said he hasn’t called out sick in like 15 years, but he really thought about it. Said a lesser man is definitely going to need the day off for the post vaccine symptoms, but he said it only lasted a day

• Like 1