Hardin-Simmons University 2020-2021 Application Cycle

4 minutes ago, Pa98173jd said:

Yall are scaring me from going ahead with my interview at this program lol. It is 3 interview sessions and now I have to stress about being disrespected 

Omg! No, please! I honestly believe she was having a bad day. I did sooo much research about the school and every video that I saw of her made me think she was going to be a really nice lady and all her pictures gave me the same impression. Even in her like interview day welcome presentation that we had to watch, I thought her session was going to be one of the easier parts of my interview because I felt like I basically already knew her and was going to be comfortable talking to her. It's just her tone that day really threw me off because she was just so NOT like anything that I saw of her through my research about the program.😅 

There are so many aspects about that program that excited me and made me really want to go there, so I'm obviously super bummed about the rejection, but not everyone's experience is the same. I'm telling you. If you go back and read the earlier comments in the forum, they all talk about how great their interview experience was here compared to other programs. They all said the faculty/staff were great and the interviews were super easy going. Those past comments were what truly make me think she was just having a bad day or something. Just ignore my comments and go read those ones and pretend my experience didn't happen. Erase it from your mind, friend!😂 I'm sure you will do great!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Parkershort13 said:

I can’t speak for anyone else’s experience, but I do want to offer up my own experience to provide another point of view.

My interviews with both Dr. Eames and Dr. Robinson went extremely well as they were both extremely personable, they both took an interest in me as a person/potential student, and they both took the time to answer a couple of my questions at the end of the interview (each lasted about 10 minutes).

Overall, I came out of the interviews feeling great about Hardin Simmons, and I am so excited to get started this upcoming Fall. 

See @Pa98173jd! I'm telling you everyone else on here has been saying GREAT things about their interviews!😊  And my first 1-on-1 with Ashley Hammonds, PA-R was a very pleasant experience. He was awesome! The group interview was great too. 

Thanks for offering your experience for them @Parkershort13! I don't want anyone to be discouraged

6 hours ago, JAmueller said:

lol @ Destinee trying to do damage control on her reputation. Just disgusting how those in power can get away with such behavior. Oh well, God always knows

Lol I guess I just like to try to see the best in people and give them the benefit of the doubt!😂🤷‍♀️ But I definitely agreed with your earlier statement that although she is in a position of authority, she has to realize her power and be able to handle herself a little better in these situations. Like I said, I'm glad I wasn't the only one that experienced her like this. Lol I hate to say that, but it's true.

16 hours ago, kbieri said:

On the CASPer website it says that Hardin Simmons requires snapshot, I have already interviewed, how important is this and have any of you guys done it?

I don't believe I have been asked to do a casper snapshot. I have an interview today. Did you get that notification from Casper or from a Hardin-Simmons email?

2 hours ago, emaleeroo said:

Has anyone done the Casper Snap Shot yet? I asked Mrs. Crawford and she stated that it was highly recommended along with the Casper test. She said "We are asking all applicants for Fall 2021 to complete." Meh....

Oh no. We're getting mixed messages. I dont know if I have to do it or not. It will just feel weird to complete the snapshot after an interview. 

22 hours ago, Pa98173jd said:

Oh no. We're getting mixed messages. I dont know if I have to do it or not. It will just feel weird to complete the snapshot after an interview. 

Well that's what I am thinking. I just feel like it is slightly repetitive and is it going to be an additional charge to send these results??

Hey everyone! My name is Jamie and I’m part of the HSU PA Class of 2022. Congrats to everyone that’s gotten interviews/accepted so far, that’s such a great accomplishment! To those of you still waiting, hold tight because I know your time will come, whether it’s at HSU or another great program. 

I’ve created a Facebook group for accepted applicants, please follow the link and I will accept your request! https://www.facebook.com/groups/379680453398373/?ref=share

To share a bit about my experience: this program has been everything I’ve dreamed of and I love it more every day. We have the BEST faculty that truly fights for us and gives us what we need to become great future PAs. The curriculum is tough but it’s designed in a way that helps the information stick and I’m amazed at how much I’ve learned in only 7 weeks! We are taught by experts that believe in us like family and I have no doubt that I can become a confident provider because of them. The HSU PA Program is phenomenal and I 100% would not change my decision to come here—I know my classmates would say the same as well. Please reach out if you have any questions!

• Like 2