Hardin-Simmons University 2020-2021 Application Cycle

Guest parkershort131
8 hours ago, Pa98173jd said:

I was looking at their tuition breakdown and it is quite confusing. Is the total cost of tuition and cost of living for 27 months about 100k-110k? 

152C9B7D-C48B-4A13-9D0D-2CED21F41648.jpeg

Late to the forum, but I interviewed 9/8 and was accepted 9/9!
The faculty are super nice and really want to get to know you! And the group interview was not as intense as expected, but I did keep sticky notes on my desk to write the topic down. 
Be confident and good luck to all! 🙂 

Also, has anybody heard back from any other Texas schools? 

4 minutes ago, Pa98173jd said:

Wow that's really rude! Keep your head up!

Thanks friend! I felt like my interview with Dr. Eames was really rushed. She seemed over it. Like it felt like something happened before she interviewed with me. She seemed annoyed right from the start or something. It felt real bad. I was like oh maybe she's just being professional or I'm taking it too seriously because everyone else has been saying their interviews were so relaxed and everyone was nice. Idk I kind of knew it was going to be a rejection after that experience. 🥴 I'm just hoping my next one is better😭

40 minutes ago, Destinee said:

Thanks friend! I felt like my interview with Dr. Eames was really rushed. She seemed over it. Like it felt like something happened before she interviewed with me. She seemed annoyed right from the start or something. It felt real bad. I was like oh maybe she's just being professional or I'm taking it too seriously because everyone else has been saying their interviews were so relaxed and everyone was nice. Idk I kind of knew it was going to be a rejection after that experience. 🥴 I'm just hoping my next one is better😭

Oh hell no! If that happens to me, I'm going to straight up close zoom. That ain't right at all! Maybe even bring it up to the program director? Good luck on your other interviews

Edited by Pa98173jd

1 minute ago, DeeDeeJ said:

Dr. Eames is the program director. Anyone else interview 2 months ago and have yet to hear anything?

Yes, she is! I wasn't trying to say anything bad about her. Just that my interview experience with her was a bit odd. She seemed upset from the start. Sorry if it seemed like I was trying to talk bad. I'm a little disappointed about the situation, but not mad or anything. Stuff happens that are outside of our control. Like I said, I don't know if maybe something happened before my interview to upset her, or maybe my interview just didn't go well🤷‍♀️ I just brushed it off though. It was just something to learn from 😊

Also, in your case, not hearing anything is good. I read this blog post where someone interviewed Dr. Eames about the process. They rank everyone who is interviewed and send their rejections/ acceptances and those in the middle of the lot are ranked against the next pool of interviewees all the way up until the end. So if you haven't heard anything after your interview, you should still be in the running.🥳

• Upvote 1

omg sorry if I sounded rude lol I had just read someone who said that you should contact the program director and I replied lol. I get what you are saying but no worries you will get into a great program, we just have to keep chuggin along @Destinee

Also, thank you for the words of encouragement! I hope to soon hear some good news (fingers crossed)

Edited by DeeDeeJ
  • Like 1

@DeeDeeJ oh lol I guess I read over that part of their comment!😂 you didn’t sound rude though! I just felt the need to clarify my part of it because I felt like my post sounded like I was bad mouthing her, which was not my intention. I was honestly concerned about her!

and fingers crossed for you too! I’m sure you did great!🤞🏼☺️

• Like 1

On 10/6/2020 at 12:41 PM, Destinee said:

Same experience as I had with her. Honestly I feel bad for anyone who has to attend her program xD 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Pa98173jd said:

Can you shed some light on your experience? Also, were the questions at least easy traditional questions? 

Destinee's explanation was perfect so I'd go ahead and read hers. Even when I asked questions to her at the end of our interview her tone of voice and phrasings were as if it was a dumb question and she answered it as fast as she could and then closed out our interview real quick. Sometimes those at the top make it there without learning how to interact with people properly I see LOL

Anyone trying to make excuses for her behavior is simply trying to suck up to her in order to get into the program, but deep down they know what's up.

Traditional questions, yes.

Edited by JAmueller
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, JAmueller said:

Destinee's explanation was perfect so I'd go ahead and read hers. Even when I asked questions to her at the end of our interview her tone of voice and phrasings were as if it was a dumb question and she answered it as fast as she could and then closed out our interview real quick. Sometimes those at the top make it there without learning how to interact with people properly I see LOL

Anyone trying to make excuses for her behavior is simply trying to suck up to her in order to get into the program, but deep down they know what's up.

Traditional questions, yes.

What day did you interview? I'm trying to see if maybe the program director was just not having a good day that day or on multiple days

Edited by Pa98173jd

4 hours ago, Pa98173jd said:

I'm trying to see if maybe the program director was just not having a good day that day or on multiple days

Typically I would excuse the behavior and chalk it up to having a bad day, but you've got to be more self aware of the power you wield in this type of situation as well as how it affects your company's brand. 

• Like 1

@JAmueller Thanks! Yes!!!! I hate to say I'm glad it wasn't just me, but I am kind of relieved. Lol did you get rejection the next day too? At the beginning she was looking down writing something, so I waited for her to look up and she said Hi and I was like "Hi! how are you?" She goes "I'm good. If you don't mind, I would just like to go ahead and get started." And honestly that told me all I needed to know about how the rest of that 1-on-1 was going to go. At the end she goes "Do you have any questions for me?" And I was like "Yes, I have a few!" and I had 3 questions written down and ready to go and I only got to ask one.. She answered quickly and then basically pushed me off the call and ended it. I was like wow. well that's gonna be a rejection for sure!😗 I looked at the time and the interview barely lasted 7 minutes!! 

@Pa98173jd The questions were NOT difficult at all. They were very simple, common traditional questions. Also, I interviewed with her on Monday, October 5th at 2:30pm.

Guest parkershort131
1 minute ago, Pa98173jd said:

Yall are scaring me from going ahead with my interview at this program lol. It is 3 interview sessions and now I have to stress about being disrespected 

I can’t speak for anyone else’s experience, but I do want to offer up my own experience to provide another point of view.

My interviews with both Dr. Eames and Dr. Robinson went extremely well as they were both extremely personable, they both took an interest in me as a person/potential student, and they both took the time to answer a couple of my questions at the end of the interview (each lasted about 10 minutes).

Overall, I came out of the interviews feeling great about Hardin Simmons, and I am so excited to get started this upcoming Fall.