2020-2021 Application cycle!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey! For the supplemental application, what exactly do they want us to put in for the Activities section? 

Is this just asking what we do when classes are not in session or after we graduated from college?

It says this: List how you have spent or plan to spend your time before entering UF (employment, travel, military, etc) while not enrolled in college.

10 hours ago, atoy1 said:

Hey! For the supplemental application, what exactly do they want us to put in for the Activities section? 

Is this just asking what we do when classes are not in session or after we graduated from college?

It says this: List how you have spent or plan to spend your time before entering UF (employment, travel, military, etc) while not enrolled in college.

Have you taken time off since graduating college?

• Upvote 1

On 4/30/2020 at 12:38 PM, Bren12 said:

Anyone start the supplemental application? Not sure if I should list the community college that I took a transient class in for 1 summer.

On 4/30/2020 at 12:38 PM, Bren12 said:

Anyone start the supplemental application? Not sure if I should list the community college that I took a transient class in for 1 summer.

You should list classes from any school you attended

After creeping on this thread for the past few days, I decided to finally make a profile and contribute to discussion. Just completed the CASPer exam today (...whew) and completed the supplemental application. Now only waiting to take the GRE exam in a few weeks and get my transcript/degree from my undergrad institution sent to CASPA. Super excited! 

Good luck to everyone! 

Edited by CrystalGemPA
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, CrystalGemPA said:

After creeping on this thread for the past few days, I decided to finally make a profile and contribute to discussion. Just completed the CASPer exam today (...whew) and completed the supplemental application. Now only waiting to take the GRE exam in a few weeks and get my transcript/degree from my undergrad institution sent to CASPA. Super excited! 

Good luck to everyone! 

That’s awesome! I just took my CASPer too and submitted my supplemental app! I’ll be taking the GRE soon! Sounds like you’re doing great! Keep up the good work! And good luck!! I’m beyond thrilled to finally be applying this cycle!

9 minutes ago, Johnny13 said:

That’s awesome! I just took my CASPer too and submitted my supplemental app! I’ll be taking the GRE soon! Sounds like you’re doing great! Keep up the good work! And good luck!! I’m beyond thrilled to finally be applying this cycle!

Absolutely! All the same to you! The nerves are already starting to get to me a bit (this is my first cycle as well), but I know it’s just an inevitable part of the process. Thanks for making this thread! 😁

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, CrystalGemPA said:

Absolutely! All the same to you! The nerves are already starting to get to me a bit (this is my first cycle as well), but I know it’s just an inevitable part of the process. Thanks for making this thread! 😁

How was the CASPer for you? Most likely signing up for the June date so was just curious!

2 minutes ago, csantos1794 said:

How was the CASPer for you? Most likely signing up for the June date so was just curious!

For me it’s a great test to take! There’s 12 sections, 8 video based and 4 texted based scenarios. Just be genuine when you answer and be you! Highly recommend taking a practice test and practice typing speed. For you have 5 mins to answer 3 questions

5 hours ago, csantos1794 said:

For me it was a bit challenging with the time constraints and just thinking really quick on your feet. 5 minutes goes by super fast! I don’t think I did terrible but I’ll be honest, maybe I brushed it off a little more than I should have. Maybe I’m overthinking it, though.  I took like, half of a practice test to kind of get the feel of everything and skimmed over some example questions. There’s not a ton else you can do to study for it, as it’s just asking you what you would do in ethical/situational based scenarios, but the time limit is what got me the most. I’d agree w/ Johnny and say take a practice test (Full length), answer everything logically, ethically and honestly and you’ll be fine! 

• Upvote 1

On 5/8/2020 at 12:01 PM, csantos1794 said:

Hello! Was just reading through this and wanted to pitch in. It wasn't challenging as in testing your knowledge, the hardest part was answering the three written responses in five minutes! There was one section that I didn't make it to the third question but the others were fine. I googled CASPer tips and I think that helped me a lot. I did a lot of practice questions and definitely did the sample test on their website before completing it and I think that helped as well! Good luck!

20 minutes ago, TaylorD said:

Hello! Was just reading through this and wanted to pitch in. It wasn't challenging as in testing your knowledge, the hardest part was answering the three written responses in five minutes! There was one section that I didn't make it to the third question but the others were fine. I googled CASPer tips and I think that helped me a lot. I did a lot of practice questions and definitely did the sample test on their website before completing it and I think that helped as well! Good luck!

Yup great advice! I remember when I was in section 10 my fingers were starting to hurt from typing lol. Just remember to focus and you will do well on this CASPer test! 

Guest wildalaska

CASPA verified May 11th, submitted my CASPA app to UF on the same day. My GRE scores, supplemental app, and CASPer are all completed and on their way to UF. Here we go!

Edited by wildalaska

I have another question if anybody can help. I am doing the supplemental application and it says that transcripts need to be sent directly to UF admissions. Does this mean that they want new ones plus the ones from CASPA ?. So double transcripts ?