Hardin-Simmons University 2020-2021 Application Cycle

I got the invitation to interview on Friday! So I assume (and hope) that that indicates there are still seats available. My interview isn't until November 16th. 
How does the group interview work via Zoom? I feel like it's just going to be people accidentally talking over each other. 

I interviewed a couple weeks ago and one of the students said she got offered a spot in February so they’ll have seats available for a while. For the group interview it goes a lot smoother than you would think obviously it’s different because it’s online but don’t worry it’s actually much easier than you think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest parkershort131

I interviewed on September 10th and was accepted into the program on September 14th, so I wanted to chime in and address a few questions. 

The Zoom interview process worked very well in my experience. The one on one interviews were laid back and felt more like a normal conversation as compared to an interview. The group interview worked very well and our group did not run into issues with inadvertently speaking over each other. The current student interview consisted of our group asking questions for the full duration, so be sure and have some questions ready. 

I had a notepad with me for the one on one interviews with questions that I had come up with beforehand. 

I hope this helps! 

Edited by Parkershort13

17 minutes ago, Parkershort13 said:

I interviewed on September 10th and was accepted into the program on September 14th, so I wanted to chime in and address a few questions. 

The Zoom interview process worked very well in my experience. The one on one interviews were laid back and felt more like a normal conversation as compared to an interview. The group interview worked very well and our group did not run into issues with inadvertently speaking over each other. The current student interview consisted of our group asking questions for the full duration, so be sure and have some questions ready. 

I had a notepad with me for the one on one interviews with questions that I had come up with beforehand. 

I hope this helps! 

Thanks so much, friend! I hope my interview goes as well as yours. 🤞😊

I interviewed on 9/15 and was accepted on 9/16. 

I also interviewed at several other schools and HS was the most pleasant interview process, by far! The faculty were extremely nice and understanding, with this being the first cycle of Zoom interviews. The group interview went smoothly and we didn’t have any problem with multiple people talking at once.

I saved a sticky note of questions to my desktop so that my mind wouldn’t blank during the interview. 

Just stay cool, calm, and confident and everything will go great! I hope this helps! 🙂

• Thanks 1