2020-2021 Application Cycle

Hello everyone! 

I am preparing to submit my application. I am a little late in the game i think.

I was wondering, for the Biology prerequisite, can I enter in a Biochemistry course? I did take a series of three courses for intro to bio, but unfortunately only 2 of them had a lab portion. I emailed the school but no reply yet. Thank you in advance anyone who knows the answer!

8 semester/12 quarter units (including labs) in each of the following categories:

• Biological Sciences (may be comprised of general biology, genetics, immunology, embryology, etc.)
  • Chemistry (may be comprised of inorganic, organic, biochemistry)
This is from the website. Since biochem is only listed under chemistry *I don't think* it would be counted under biological sciences. I haven't had to contact the program for any prereqs though so idk for sure...hopefully they get back to you soon [emoji53] 

I received a confirmation email today..

Once uploaded, applications are generally reviewed within 10 to 14 business days but the process can take longer during peak periods.  When your application has been reviewed, you will receive additional correspondence from our office regarding whether or not you will be invited to submit a secondary application. 

does this mean I should expect a decision regarding interviews/supplementals In 10-14 business days? 

Edited by DTHAI

1 hour ago, DTHAI said:

I received a confirmation email today..

Once uploaded, applications are generally reviewed within 10 to 14 business days but the process can take longer during peak periods.  When your application has been reviewed, you will receive additional correspondence from our office regarding whether or not you will be invited to submit a secondary application. 

does this mean I should expect a decision regarding interviews/supplementals In 10-14 business days? 

Hi! When did you submitted your application on CASPA? I submitted mine early June and still have not heard anything from them. TIA

19 hours ago, prePApug said:

8 semester/12 quarter units (including labs) in each of the following categories:

• Biological Sciences (may be comprised of general biology, genetics, immunology, embryology, etc.)
  • Chemistry (may be comprised of inorganic, organic, biochemistry)

This is from the website. Since biochem is only listed under chemistry *I don't think* it would be counted under biological sciences. I haven't had to contact the program for any prereqs though so idk for sure...hopefully they get back to you soon emoji53.png 

Yes, I am starting to wonder if they have a number I can call, or if I should email again...

Its just too bad my first bio class did not have a lab portion. I did take Genetics, cell bio, and other bio classes but none with a lab... I cant use physiology because I used that course to fulfill the physio requirement...

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Talia12 said:

I am little confused with what they mean once uploaded then 10-14 days to review. I was verified by CASPA July 13th but have not received an email confirmation that they have received my application. is that normal? Every other school sent me a confirmation. 

I think as long as it shows up on CASPA that it’s verified you are fine. Not all schools send confirmation emails immediately. 

For Touro, specifically, it seems like they only email once your application is being reviewed. My CASPA was verified the end of May and I just received the email from Touro 07/22. So it seems it’s at least a two month wait before applications even begin to be reviewed and then another 10+ days to hear anything else. 

Hi everyone. On June 29, I got the confirmation email that says that my application should take 10 - 14 days to review or possibly more during peak times. Then they will be letting me know if I should complete the supplemental application or not. It has been a month now and I haven't heard anything. Should I check with them? Have any of you received the supplemental application yet? Thanks! 🙂 

Edited by Laybunny

I don’t know if this helps anyone wondering about their timeline, but I’ll note that last year I applied to Touro on August 2nd and didn’t receive a confirmation email from them until November 19th. 

Once I got the confirmation though, they sent me a decision only 3 days later. So I think that once they do get to you they work quick. Hang in there guys! 

Edited by alysd

18 minutes ago, Emrosti1215 said:

Hi All,

I applied back in June (on the 22nd) and received a CASPA verification on June 25th. I have not received a confirmation email from Touro yet. Has anyone else experienced this kind of delay? Is this normal or should I check in about the status of my application?

I applied to Touro on May 18th and didn't get a confirmation email from them until two months later on July 22nd.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Emrosti1215 said:

Hi All,

I applied back in June (on the 22nd) and received a CASPA verification on June 25th. I have not received a confirmation email from Touro yet. Has anyone else experienced this kind of delay? Is this normal or should I check in about the status of my application?

I’m not sure if you saw my comment right above yours, but last year there was over 3 months between the time I submitted my app and when I got confirmation from them. But once they did confirm, they sent a decision about my application status very shortly after. 
My experience is that schools don’t ever misplace our applications or miss them; it just takes some time! It seems that once Touro does acknowledge your app, it means that they will be reviewing it then. 
Good luck 🙂 

12 hours ago, maddielyman said:

I applied to Touro on May 18th and didn't get a confirmation email from them until two months later on July 22nd.  

I applied May 23rd and didn't get a confirmation email from them until July 22nd either. The confirmation said we should be hearing back in 10-14 business days on whether they want us to fill out a supplemental app or not. 

8 minutes ago, ahall62 said:

I am in the same boat! i am wondering if I should email the school. I applied in June. 

It usually takes 2-3 months between the time you apply and when you get a confirmation. I wouldn’t bother them with an email until October. You’ll probably get something within the next month. Some of the above posts indicate that people who applied in May are just now getting reviewed. I applied in July so I’m guessing I may not get anything until September. We’re all in the waiting game now 🙂 time to go explore a new hobby to keep brain occupied.