2020-2021 Application Cycle

55 minutes ago, lmbrophy23 said:

Hello all! I submitted my application back in the end of June, but have yet to receive the "your application is under review" email. Has anyone else had this issue?  I know things are hectic with the virus and schools are backlogged, but I wanted to see if anyone who submitted around the time I did is in the same boat as me.

Thank you!

I am! Seems like a lot of other people are as well.

58 minutes ago, lmbrophy23 said:

Hello all! I submitted my application back in the end of June, but have yet to receive the "your application is under review" email. Has anyone else had this issue?  I know things are hectic with the virus and schools are backlogged, but I wanted to see if anyone who submitted around the time I did is in the same boat as me.

Thank you!

Same here as well! 

1 hour ago, PREEEEPA said:

Nov 4th! I was confused because the email said they only do interviews Mondays and Tuesdays but the 4th is a Wednesday. Maybe because of voting for the election?

Same, Nov 4th! I emailed Ms. Bible to confirm the day. It’s my 1st time, how are you going to prepare? 

1 minute ago, Nesma said:

Same, Nov 4th! I emailed Ms. Bible to confirm the day. It’s my 1st time, how are you going to prepare? 

I also asked to confirm the day! This will be my 3rd interview. For my last 2 interviews I used Savannah Perry's book and found it really helpful there are tons of practice questions in it. It also walks you through how to do MMI questions which was super helpful for my last MMI Interview. I believe this interview will be MMI as well?

51 minutes ago, joethepa said:

Still...i feel kinda discouraged. I was verified mid-July...

I’m sorry. Hang in there! It’s all we can really do. Touro is my top choice at this point, so believe me, I’m right there on the roller coaster with ya. 

Traditionally their review process does take a long time though, so it’s quite possible some of us might not even get updates that our app is under review until well into November. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, alysd said:

I’m sorry. Hang in there! It’s all we can really do. Touro is my top choice at this point, so believe me, I’m right there on the roller coaster with ya. 

Traditionally their review process does take a long time though, so it’s quite possible some of us might not even get updates that our app is under review until well into November. 

That’s a bit more comforting news. Thank you! Good luck to you!

• Like 1

For those who have successfully submitted their supplemental, do we need to upload unofficial transcripts as part of the Post-Secondary Academic Section? It says to please upload unofficial transcripts but then also says if we have uploaded transcripts to a CAS (which I presume refers to CASPA) then we should not upload transcripts to the supplemental application. I wasn’t sure, thanks! 

38 minutes ago, jwalk said:

For those who have successfully submitted their supplemental, do we need to upload unofficial transcripts as part of the Post-Secondary Academic Section? It says to please upload unofficial transcripts but then also says if we have uploaded transcripts to a CAS (which I presume refers to CASPA) then we should not upload transcripts to the supplemental application. I wasn’t sure, thanks! 

If you uploaded/sent your transcript to CASPA, then you do not need to upload an unofficial transcript to the supplemental. 

7 minutes ago, Pa98173jd said:

Last cycle, I was rejected in December so I expect the same at this point. Im honestly in disbelief that I'm getting rejected from the Touro sister colleges this cycle. They were my safety schools 😭

I am not sure why you think that! Like I noted above, last year Touro was still sending out supplemental apps through Nov & Dec, & inviting interviewees into the new year. It’s only October. Gotta keep up that PMA (positive mental attitude)! 

Edited by alysd
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pa98173jd said:

Last cycle, I was rejected in December so I expect the same at this point. Im honestly in disbelief that I'm getting rejected from the Touro sister colleges this cycle. They were my safety schools 😭

That's interesting because I thought all applications will still be in consideration, until all of seats are taken.