2020-2021 Application Cycle

3 minutes ago, singerdancer said:

Congratulations to those who received interviews! Anyone know if there will be more interviews after the ones in October? Best of luck to you all(:

I'm sure there will be other interview dates after October because in the email, they provide a third-party link to their site for you to select which interview date you want and there's an option for applicants who are waitlisted and in the email, if you don't respond back with a date for when you want to be interviewed by this Friday, they reject your application (so I'm assuming this means that an unresponsive applicant will open up more slots for other applicants who are still waiting).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ambschen said:

I'm sure there will be other interview dates after October because in the email, they provide a third-party link to their site for you to select which interview date you want and there's an option for applicants who are waitlisted and in the email, if you don't respond back with a date for when you want to be interviewed by this Friday, they reject your application (so I'm assuming this means that an unresponsive applicant will open up more slots for other applicants who are still waiting).

Thank you so much! Good luck in your interview, you’re going to crush it 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LDchick said:

I have received an interview as well but will be declining due to already accepting a seat at another program. Hope my interview slot goes to someone else! Good luck everyone, we got this 💪🏽

Congratulations on your acceptance elsewhere. Thanks so much for letting us know that you've declined your invite. I'm so hopeful to receive an invite here this year! Best wishes to you in your program! 

• Like 1

Hey everybody! Congrats on your interview invites! I know you are all thinking... How do I prepare to be able to turn that invite into an acceptance

Hi, my name is Dylan Neal, and I am a co-class president 2nd year PA student at UC Davis as well as founder of PAPlug, a physician assistant specific coaching service.

I hope I am finding everyone well! At this time two years ago, I was in the same position that you are; unsure, nervous, and preparing my butt off for interviews. 

Since being on the other side and discussing interview practices with my professors (and now mentors), I have learned techniques that would have saved me so much time and energy had I known earlier. For a limited number of students, I am offering a special offer of 1.5 hours of my time to host an individualized MOCK INTERVIEW, assessment and 30 minutes to ask questions about my time in the PA program, giving no nonsense answers and helping you understand EXACTLY what to expect and how to prepare for this interviews. 

Please message me at hawaiilife93@gmail.com for more information including success stories and references. Remember, I am only doing this 1-day program for the first 7 students, so don't wait! 

Warm wishes,

Dylan Neal PA-S2

LogoMakr_1zBVMP.png

Edited by dnealpa21

Is there someone who can justify the cost of this program? I'm not really understanding what makes this program worth 40-50k more than others? Do they have ways of saving you money throughout the clinical year? Maybe offering a place to stay in clinical years or anything like that?

Edit: Also I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, I just didn't realize the cost of the program myself and am trying to take a critical look at my choices

Edited by ElectricalAnteater

Yes I agree with above and it is a good discussion to have. UC Davis health is world renowned so congrats to everyone that got an invite! Maybe that plays a part in the tuition, idk.  I didn't get an invite so it is easier for me to be a little more critical but what really drew me to the program was their commitment to diversity and providing care to underserved communities, and as a minority myself I felt their mission statement really aligned with mine. But the tuition is something that can't be ignored. Cost is the biggest barrier for minorities seeking educational attainment so it is unfortunate that a program that values diversity will put a financial burden on their students when this program might be the only chance to attend because of their holistic review. Im sure there is a lot more to it than I understand plus English is not my first language. They have a good similar discussion in the Stanford pa forum if anyone wants to look.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3