2020-2021 Application Cycle

11 hours ago, wannabeapa said:

Thank you! I am trying to decide when to withdraw from another PA program that I accepted and wanted to ensure that I will not lose this spot before I withdraw my acceptance.

Accept Davis first and ensure your spot is secure. Then, give up your seat at the other program. Still a good time to join the new cohort. We’re still in the on-boarding process! 

11 hours ago, biopsyd said:

Accept Davis first and ensure your spot is secure. Then, give up your seat at the other program. Still a good time to join the new cohort. We’re still in the on-boarding process! 

Thanks! At what point would you consider your spot "secure?" After you've received the official letter from UC Davis?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I am wondering for those students with families who are from out of town had any problems with getting decent housing.  I ask this because I have had the worst headache ever dealing with members of the administration when it comes to getting stuff done.  First of all, no apartment complexes would call me back or even email me when I inquired about apartments and this has been like this every since the first of this year.  Second, when I asked about student housing about apartments and housing that was close to the school, since I don't have a car, they recommended housing that was 20 to  30 minutes away, depending on traffic.  Third, every time I emailed the student housing department, they never answered my concerns.  So, if anyone on here had the same problems let me know how you got around it.  Time is ticking and it seems that many at the school are using COVID as an excuse to not really do their job.  The frustration level is extremely how now and it seems that no one has the answers to why things are not being solved.  For the people who are from out of town let me know if you had the same problems.  It would be nice if the school had in place a system that had a contract with apartment owners to provide housing for those from out of town.  

27 minutes ago, Siberian said:

Hello, I am wondering for those students with families who are from out of town had any problems with getting decent housing.  I ask this because I have had the worst headache ever dealing with members of the administration when it comes to getting stuff done.  First of all, no apartment complexes would call me back or even email me when I inquired about apartments and this has been like this every since the first of this year.  Second, when I asked about student housing about apartments and housing that was close to the school, since I don't have a car, they recommended housing that was 20 to  30 minutes away, depending on traffic.  Third, every time I emailed the student housing department, they never answered my concerns.  So, if anyone on here had the same problems let me know how you got around it.  Time is ticking and it seems that many at the school are using COVID as an excuse to not really do their job.  The frustration level is extremely how now and it seems that no one has the answers to why things are not being solved.  For the people who are from out of town let me know if you had the same problems.  It would be nice if the school had in place a system that had a contract with apartment owners to provide housing for those from out of town.  

What’s your price range and how big of place do you need? I did a Zillow search just now and it came up with a ton of apartments in that area. 

3 minutes ago, alysd said:

What’s your price range and how big of place do you need? I did a Zillow search just now and it came up with a ton of apartments in that area. 

31 minutes ago, Siberian said:

I’ve also found several areas within a 10-15 minute range from the school some even closer. It just depends on your price range. I have had trouble with people answering the phone but i always leave a message and they return my call.