2020-2021 Application Cycle

1 hour ago, MattF013 said:

Hi everyone! Congrats to those of you who got interview invites! That’s so exciting! 

I wanted to ask and see if there was anyone else who got an invitation to complete the graduate studies application. I got an email on 9/25 saying that the application was open. I submitted it last week but I’m pretty confused with the timeline now, since interview invitations were sent out last week too! Anyone else with the same experience?

I am wondering about this too! When did everyone submit their graduate applications? I was unaware I was supposed to do this and am planning on submitting today. 

3 minutes ago, singerdancer said:

I am also a bit confused on if we are supposed to fill out the graduate studies application or not? Has everyone else already done this? I haven’t received an interview yet

You only fill it out after you interview. I believe only those accepted have to fill that application out. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 9/24/2020 at 11:46 AM, Tianna415 said:

Oh man! Typically they send out invites to  interview in October and then in November they send out supplemental questions and then acceptance/denial letters November/December. I’m sure Covid has played apart in the delay. The wait is killing me to!! 

Thanks for this information. I just recieved an interview invite. Can you explain anymore about the interview process and or the supplemental question? There really isn't much information out there on this program's process. Thank you again!

Edited by anothermanders
grammatical error

On 10/3/2020 at 5:01 PM, PA4521367 said:

Thank you for taking time out your day to post and give us more insight on UC Davis. 

Yes, I understand that being in debt and getting loans is "the name of the game" for most medical professions now a days. But the tuition cost at a public institution like UCD should not be this expensive and there should be no exceptions. The per semester tuition should not be more expensive than private schools like USC, which has way more name recognition than UCD. The name recognition of UCD only takes you so far in northern California, anywhere else it does not hold any significant recognition in my opinion.  I'm not sure if you're able to confirm that UC Davis PA students take similar if not the same courses alongside NP students and if the course curriculums as stated above are truly the same. 

Why I point this out, is because I don't think students should just stand by and take these absurd increases in tuition without holding the school accountable. As one program increases their tuition, other programs follow. So I feel that I am looking out for everyone when I bring topic like this up. Albeit, future PA students are going to take the bigger grunt of these unreasonable tuition hikes if nothing changes soon. I know that its difficult to get into a PA program and not everybody has the advantage of receiving multiple acceptances and having different options for what program they attend so I can see why some people have no choice and simply end up going to UCD. UC Davis's PA program tuition used to be very similar to the NP program in the past, it used to be 31k in 2014. But in 2015 they increased it by 100% and it went up to 110k for the entire program. At that time, NP tuition was not increased and it STAYED at 25k for instate and 38k for out of state students (2014), even though PA students took the same classes as NP students. Since then, the tuition for the PA program has increased to 138k in total, where the NP program has stayed at 30k per year. So I just hope that someone can address the concern and hopefully someone will bring this topic up during the interview. I am genuinely curious about why the tuition for the program has sky rocketed so quickly, despite being under the same "school of nursing". Many have brought this up in previous discussions and some have pointed out that that the PA students simply subsidize the cost for the NP students; which if true, is completely outrageous. 

I truly think that this is a legitimate concern that should be addressed. 

Those are valid concerns, but you are on the UC Davis forum so I’m commenting towards what the school has to offer. I’m not sure why the tuition is so much higher. We have student run clinics which is fairly unique to the program, but certainly does not attribute to almost 30k difference between other schools. Right now we are learning with NP students although if I had to pick I would say it’s more geared towards PA in terms of verbiage. I’m not sure if the next year will be the same or not in regards to that. I think there is great benefit learning aside future NPs but yes there is a large difference in tuition. Hope that helps your decisions! 

Edited by Delanie

8 minutes ago, Ktb20 said:

Does anyone think more invites will be sent out? Also, if I don't get an invite, will I get a rejection notice at least?

They send out rejections after the conclusion of interviews. I got rejection email last year on November 4th. 

I'm not sure about any more invites being sent out, but I suppose there's always hope!

• Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 11:07 AM, ThePAmuse said:

Anyone else interviewing 10/27? Would love to start a group chat to help each other prepare more if that’s possible. 🙂

I am also interviewing on the 27th! First time through this process and would love to do a zoom chat if you, or anyone else is up for it! I didn’t see a group created for the 27th(:

7 minutes ago, Skusekd said:

I am also interviewing on the 27th! First time through this process and would love to do a zoom chat if you, or anyone else is up for it! I didn’t see a group created for the 27th(:

First timer for the 27th as well! I am definitely interested in a group chat/zoom meeting. Feel free to PM me and we can set something up!

7 hours ago, AliyahBell said:

To anyone who has already done their interview. When or what time did you receive the video that is suppose to be watched prior to the interview? I know It says a week before your interview date. My interview is Oct 26th, and i have not yet received the video. 

I already interviewed. Received the email with the links exactly one week before my interview! Hope this helps! 

20 minutes ago, osakanohime said:

I am still waiting to hear back from them.....has anyone recieved any rejections yet? Or do they send them out much later?

I haven’t received any communication.

Last year they sent out mass rejection in the first week of November after the conclusion of interviews. Don’t get too discouraged though, you never know 🙂 

• Like 1