2020-2021 Application Cycle

43 minutes ago, AliyahBell said:

They told us in the interview that they don’t start reading the statements until December 1st. We should know by  mid-end of December. No later than Dec 31st. 

They will only start to check the secondary application after 1st December? Is it any benefit to apply early? Please let me kow

2 hours ago, hardik_ps said:

They will only start to check the secondary application after 1st December? Is it any benefit to apply early? Please let me kow

I didnt get a sense that they review them in order received and then send out acceptances. I believe they evaluate them all after the deadline and then make decisions. 

Did anyone actually get rejected after the interview or did everyone just receive the supplemental? I will never understand why schools ask us to complete a CASPA application if they're gonna ask for such a large fee for just a supplemental application. But best of luck to everyone doing the supplemental! I was offered the supplemental but luckily got accepted into a more affordable program closer to home and will be withdrawing my application. I hope this gives others a better chance of a spot!

Edited by PhantomOpera

15 minutes ago, AliyahBell said:

I did not receive the email, but i also have not submitted my secondary yet! 

Makes sense! It did confirm they got my secondary app.

But it did also say they are highly interested in me attending their program. Again, idk if that's generic. Don't want to get my hopes up. Back to waiting. 😅 lol 

37 minutes ago, biopsyd said:

But it did also say they are highly interested in me attending their program. Again, idk if that's generic. Don't want to get my hopes up. Back to waiting. 😅 lol 

I didn't get the email, but I submitted my secondary app a few weeks ago. I only got a very generic application received email from graduate admissions the day after, nothing from Dr. Pearl. 

1 hour ago, biopsyd said:

When did you receive the email from Dr Pearl? How many days after your secondary application submitted? Can you please elaborate what the email says? Please if you dont mind. 

1 hour ago, myaalves said:

I didn't get the email, but I submitted my secondary app a few weeks ago. I only got a very generic application received email from graduate admissions the day after, nothing from Dr. Pearl. 

Ohh! I submitted last week. I also got that email from graduate admissions.

But I got an additional email today signed by Dr. Pearl and Miss Thetford saying what I stated above. 😮

1 hour ago, hardik_ps said:

When did you receive the email from Dr Pearl? How many days after your secondary application submitted? Can you please elaborate what the email says? Please if you dont mind. 

Yes, absolutely!

I got the email signed by him and Miss Thetford today. I submitted my secondary a week ago. 

The email starts with it was a pleasure meeting you at the interview.

It then says after my interview and reviewing my application, I have the potential to be a great addition to their program and that my application was viewed upon highly by the admissions committee. Then, it says this "Although formal offers are not sent until mid-December, we want you to know that we are very interested in having you attend our program."

Then it ends with they have received my secondary app and that they'll be in touch mid-December. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, biopsyd said:

Yes, absolutely!

I got the email signed by him and Miss Thetford today. I submitted my secondary a week ago. 

The email starts with it was a pleasure meeting you at the interview.

It then says after my interview and reviewing my application, I have the potential to be a great addition to their program and that my application was viewed upon highly by the admissions committee. Then, it says this "Although formal offers are not sent until mid-December, we want you to know that we are very interested in having you attend our program."

Then it ends with they have received my secondary app and that they'll be in touch mid-December. 

Interesting, sounds like you really made an impresssion! I haven’t submitted my secondary yet but seems like they are hinting that you will get an offer.  Maybe for you to keep in mind in case you get other offers from different schools? I’ve haven’t heard of anyone getting a personal email from past years 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mmram said:

Interesting, sounds like you really made an impresssion! I haven’t submitted my secondary yet but seems like they are hinting that you will get an offer.  Maybe for you to keep in mind in case you get other offers from different schools? I’ve haven’t heard of anyone getting a personal email from past years 

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I hope that's the case. 🙂 Out of the programs I interviewed at, they are my top choice, so I'm definitely thinking of them too! lol 

I honestly thought everyone got this email like all the previous ones. This is my 3rd cycle applying. Lord knows I've been working hard, continuously for this. 😭

• Like 3

On 11/25/2020 at 6:14 PM, biopsyd said:

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I hope that's the case. 🙂 Out of the programs I interviewed at, they are my top choice, so I'm definitely thinking of them too! lol 

I honestly thought everyone got this email like all the previous ones. This is my 3rd cycle applying. Lord knows I've been working hard, continuously for this. 😭

I agree with Mmram where it sounds like you made a great impression! With this being your 3rd cycle applying I'm sure it hasn't been easy and it's hard to get discouraged, but sounds like you're doing all the right stuff! 

• Like 1

I also received an email yesterday from Dr Pearl and Thetford, and also thought it was just a generic letter that went to everyone. It started out like yours did, however at the end it encouraged/reminded me to submit the secondary application by the 1st. That is why I thought it went to everyone as a reminder to get our secondary applications submitted!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mmram said:

Im sure anyone who received those personal emails are amazing applicants but I kinda which they didn’t do that because it is making me feel like what’s the point of turning it in my secondary when it doesn’t seem like they are interested in me 😕 

I’m trying to remain optimistic and have faith, but it’s making me feel a little discouraged because i haven’t received an email either. I’m still going to submit my secondary and pray for the best! Congrats to everyone receiving those emails. 

• Like 3

Definitely stay positive. Remember there are like 50+ seats available. Maybe just a few really stood out during the interview. But those other spots still need to be filled. Write an excellent diversity statement. Don’t give up so easily. If they weren’t interested in you, you would have not received interview or secondary app invitations. Look at how far you’ve come. 🙂 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Mmram said:

Im sure anyone who received those personal emails are amazing applicants but I kinda which they didn’t do that because it is making me feel like what’s the point of turning it in my secondary when it doesn’t seem like they are interested in me 😕 

I totally understand what you mean. But I wouldn't get discouraged. It isn't over until it ends....either accepted or rejected. Thats the mindset I try to keep. 

Hey guys! First year PA student here! I like to check up on this thread every once in awhile to see how you all are doing! I know I was very anxious this time last year. I saw some posts about an email kind of extending offers...I’ve never heard of such a thing during my year from anyone. It may be a new thing due to covid or those who got them in my class and the years before were silent about them. I’m not sure but please do not get discouraged if you did not receive one. Not only do a lot of people get accepted, but a lot of people drop their offers in the months leading up to the program. I know of people who got accepted in the two weeks before we started. DO NOT LOSE HOPE. Kill your supplementals. Due to a lot of people receiving them, they are very important! I’m here if you have any questions! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Delanie said:

Hey guys! First year PA student here! I like to check up on this thread every once in awhile to see how you all are doing! I know I was very anxious this time last year. I saw some posts about an email kind of extending offers...I’ve never heard of such a thing during my year from anyone. It may be a new thing due to covid or those who got them in my class and the years before were silent about them. I’m not sure but please do not get discouraged if you did not receive one. Not only do a lot of people get accepted, but a lot of people drop their offers in the months leading up to the program. I know of people who got accepted in the two weeks before we started. DO NOT LOSE HOPE. Kill your supplementals. Due to a lot of people receiving them, they are very important! I’m here if you have any questions! 

Thank you! This was really encouraging! I’m hoping and praying for the best! Remaining CONFIDENT ! Goodluck to everyone !!! 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Delanie said:

Thank you for your encouraging words. I am staying positive. Hoping for the best.