2020-2021 Application Cycle

Guest wildalaska
2 minutes ago, aap423 said:

Received an email that my application was received and that review begins July 16th

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got the same email!

Guest mands
On 6/11/2020 at 1:36 PM, kneuendorff said:

I have heard that they give preference to alumni

My luck is I went to UC Irvine and not Davis, lol! 

CASPA submitted 06/07/2020 (verified a few days after)

UCD confirmed app 06/15/2020, review begins 7/17/2020!

good luck everyone!

Edited by Guest
Correction of review date

7 hours ago, Mmram said:

Yep, I got the email today. It’s 7/16 right after their deadline. 

7 hours ago, aap423 said:

I believe review begins 7/16 if I’m not mistaken correct?

Yes! The correct date for review is 7/16, my apologies. 

Hey everybody!!!!

Dylan here, president of the UCDavis PA class of 2021. I'm super excited for all of you guys submitting your CASPAs and getting ready to start your PA journey, whether it be the first time applying or the 50th. You CAN do it!

If you are like me, the application/interview process is one of the most stressful times of your life... especially if you don't get in the first time around( it took me two). One of my passions is to help others get through interviewing and into the career of their dreams. Over my time at school and preparing for over 13 interviews I have learned exactly what is necessary to excel in the interview process and have since helped several students get programs around the nation. the If anyone is interested in being a mentee of mine, you are welcome to contact me. Email: hawaiilife93@gmail.com

• Like 15
  • Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, dnealpa21 said:

Hey everybody!!!!

Dylan here, president of the UCDavis PA class of 2021. I'm super excited for all of you guys submitting your CASPAs and getting ready to start your PA journey, whether it be the first time applying or the 50th. You CAN do it!

If you are like me, the application/interview process is one of the most stressful times of your life... especially if you don't get in the first time around( it took me two). One of my passions is to help others get through interviewing and into the career of their dreams. Over my time at school and preparing for over 13 interviews I have learned exactly what is necessary to excel in the interview process and have since helped several students get programs around the nation. the If anyone is interested in being a mentee of mine, you are welcome to contact me. Email: hawaiilife93@gmail.com

Hey Dylan, 

I will definitely be emailing you. I think the biggest worry of mine is getting an interview and then screwing it up. Thanks so much for your willingness to help! 

Hi everyone! Just submitted 9pm last night, it was verified by 2am, and got confirmation email from Davis at 9am. That was quick! Hah.

Second time applying. Made some improvements this time around, so I'm hoping for the best. Good luck to all of you. Will enjoy following along with everyone's journey later this summer and fall.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, mcbmcbmcb said:

Does anyone know if they still use the Nursing Model for learning alongside NP students?

I recently did some shadowing with a recent grad of the UC Davis PA program. She graduated in 2019, I believe. One of her critiques is that the program very much follows the nursing model, and much of the faculty are NPs. 

2 hours ago, alyssamh said:

I recently did some shadowing with a recent grad of the UC Davis PA program. She graduated in 2019, I believe. One of her critiques is that the program very much follows the nursing model, and much of the faculty are NPs. 

Thank you for the response! That's good to know!

Hello, does anyone know the admissions demographics/statistics of UC-Davis pa program? I tried to search on their website, but was not able to. I'm mainly interested in GPA (cumulative, science) and average age... If anyone knows the answer, it would be helpful! Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Hello, does anyone know the admissions demographics/statistics of UC-Davis pa program? I tried to search on their website, but was not able to. I'm mainly interested in GPA (cumulative, science) and average age... If anyone knows the answer, it would be helpful! Thanks in advance!

Found this in their FAQS section, hope it helps.

Q: Can you provide GPA statistics for admitted students?

A: The school does not calculate GPA statistics due to structure of the admissions process. All applicants are reviewed as a whole to determine their preparation for the graduate health care program as well as their fit for the school. Applicants should seek to exceed minimum requirements for admission when preparing for any of the graduate degree programs.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...