2020-2021 Application Cycle

I was just listening to 'The Pre-PA podcast' where current UC Davis students were interviewed and one mentioned that next year there is a plan to completely separate PAs and NPs so I wonder if that means they will accept more pa students??

Btw listening to their experiences with the programs really validates my decision to apply here. It sounds like an amazing program that really cares for their students. But it is making me more anxious at the fact we still have a long time until we hear back!  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Mmram said:

I was just listening to 'The Pre-PA podcast' where current UC Davis students were interviewed and one mentioned that next year there is a plan to completely separate PAs and NPs so I wonder if that means they will accept more pa students??

Btw listening to their experiences with the programs really validates my decision to apply here. It sounds like an amazing program that really cares for their students. But it is making me more anxious at the fact we still have a long time until we hear back!  

I listened to this too and it made me more excited about applying there too!! It’ll be worth the wait I hope 🙂 

Hey all! First year PA student here. I didn’t hear about an interview until 9/23/19 and they gave us four days in October to choose from. With COVID, idk what that means for you guys but thought I’d share the process. Good luck! If anyone has any questions about anything feel free to ask! 

• Like 22
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

On 9/1/2020 at 7:49 AM, ARHEES said:

Do you know if they will host another one? I cant find any information on this and I cant get any of the faculty to email me back 😕 

Hey Arhees, 
I understand your frustration. I am going to host  a free q and a session via zoom with one of my colleagues (instagram @jessthepa_ ) for pre-pa applicants to help answer any questions and give tips for interviewing here! I'm a co-president S2 PA student at UCD and love helping students get through the caspa/interview process! 

When: Monday, September 14 6:00pm PST

Where: Zoom (link will be sent via email)

For those interested in attending please email me at dtneal@ucdavis.edu to confirm your spot! 

4B8D34E9-E537-4EFA-8613-8DCC0EA164EF.png

Edited by dnealpa21
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, osakanohime said:

When are interview invites going to be sent out? Does anyone know?

Applications are currently under review. They will notify applicants by the end of November about whether they have been selected to move in their admissions process. I was told by one of the admissions people this yesterday. We got a while so hang in there!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, singerdancer said:

Hey everyone I sent them so updated patient care hours a few weeks ago and they told me they wouldn’t send out interviews till November! Wait is killing me. 

Oh man! Typically they send out invites to  interview in October and then in November they send out supplemental questions and then acceptance/denial letters November/December. I’m sure Covid has played apart in the delay. The wait is killing me to!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, singerdancer said:

Hey everyone I sent them so updated patient care hours a few weeks ago and they told me they wouldn’t send out interviews till November! Wait is killing me. 

Wow! That’s later than last year for sure. Good to know though, thank you. 

Out of curiosity, what prompted you to send updated PCE? I’ve been told conflicting things about whether programs like that or specifically direct us not to. Wondering because since the time of application I actually moved and started a new job. 

• Like 2

On 9/24/2020 at 12:05 PM, alysd said:

Wow! That’s later than last year for sure. Good to know though, thank you. 

Out of curiosity, what prompted you to send updated PCE? I’ve been told conflicting things about whether programs like that or specifically direct us not to. Wondering because since the time of application I actually moved and started a new job. 

When I emailed UCD about a month ago with my updated hours they said they only take the original application into consideration. No updated hours or classes will be considered. 

Just now, deepop said:

When I emailed UCD about a month ago with my updated hours they said they only take the original application into consideration. No updated hours or classes will be considered. 

Ok cool thank you, that’s what I had suspected. 

Otherwise every program would be getting flooded with emails from anxious applicants saying “hey just FYI I worked 300 more hours since I applied!” lol

On 9/24/2020 at 10:50 AM, singerdancer said:

Are you sure they didn’t mean BY November like another poster mentioned?? That’s just seems way too late and looking at the timeline they have on their website, interviews should happen in October and November, and then decision by December. If interviews are being sent out until November then we possibly won’t hear back about decisions until the the new year....

D8FE228C-EE41-4D49-AFDE-356B01A4C36D.jpeg

Edited by Mmram