2020-2021 Application Cycle

17 minutes ago, biopsyd said:

Yay!!

I’m a little nervous. Although they said we can just use our CASPA essay, I feel like I have to write a whole new essay to better align their personal statement prompt. 😅

& the diversity statement sounds like a whole new essay. 😬

Same here, I'm really tempted to write a whole new essay specific to Davis, but I know on previous forums and on the How to Apply link they included, they want it to be similar to the CASPA essay, just cut down to 4000 characters rather than 5000

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, biopsyd said:

Yay!!

I’m a little nervous. Although they said we can just use our CASPA essay, I feel like I have to write a whole new essay to better align their personal statement prompt. 😅

& the diversity statement sounds like a whole new essay. 😬

I also received a supplemental application! I’m so excited! Goodluck to everyone 🙏🏼

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, leiaPApup said:

Hi!!

Does anyone know how likely it is to be accepted if I am offered a supplemental application post interview?

I think it is hard to say, during my interview they said they don't have specific numbers of how many people get invited to do the supplemental etc so I think it just depends on how they feel about the people interviewed but I know the class goal is around 65 this year

56 minutes ago, leiaPApup said:

Hi!!

Does anyone know how likely it is to be accepted if I am offered a supplemental application post interview?

I think they traditionally interview 200-250 applicants and most receive the supplemental. The incoming class is going to be 65 students so take that as you will. 

Edited by Mmram

6 minutes ago, Mmram said:

I think they traditionally interview 200-250 applicants and most receive the supplemental. The incoming class is going to be 65 students so take that as you will. 

I know one of the staff said because of Covid and having to do zoom interviews they interviewed less people than the normal. 

On 11/5/2020 at 2:17 PM, myaalves said:

Same here, I'm really tempted to write a whole new essay specific to Davis, but I know on previous forums and on the How to Apply link they included, they want it to be similar to the CASPA essay, just cut down to 4000 characters rather than 5000

Do you think there is any harm to writing a new essay? I just don't think my old one really answers the prompt especially when it asks me to identify a faculty I want to work with at UCD. Is anyone also perplexed by this?

5 hours ago, bobafordays said:

Do you think there is any harm to writing a new essay? I just don't think my old one really answers the prompt especially when it asks me to identify a faculty I want to work with at UCD. Is anyone also perplexed by this?

I feel the same way my CASPA essay does not answer that prompt Im basically writing a new essay just using bits and pieces of it 😕

7 hours ago, bobafordays said:

I’m personally keeping mine because they said you can use your CASPA essay and just pare it down. I think people have done this in past years. I feel like they have already looked at our personal statement so I don’t know if much will change from what they have already seen

Edited by PrePA0410
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, bobafordays said:

I thought of doing this, but I just ended up using my CASPA essay and cutting some parts out of it. It says in the handout we can do this. It's too difficult to address that entire prompt with the amount of characters we were given. Plus, I think that question is more for research based graduate programs. It's asking what faculty you'd want to work with as your advisor to do research with, which we won't be doing in this program.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, biopsyd said:

I thought of doing this, but I just ended up using my CASPA essay and cutting some parts out of it. It says in the handout we can do this. It's too difficult to address that entire prompt with the amount of characters we were given. Plus, I think that question is more for research based graduate programs. It's asking what faculty you'd want to work with as your advisor to do research with, which we won't be doing in this program.

I agree with this, I think the graduate application is very general for all programs and other programs don’t have a secondary application like CASPA

• Upvote 1