2020-2021 Application Cycle

Good chance it will be way different because of COVID-19. So the new process could be anything. Normal interview is in a group with 8-9 other people. Everyone goes around and gives a 1 minute elevator speech. Then you pick questions out of a hat and get 2 minutes to respond to your question. That's it. They judge you throughout the whole day though, so gotta use every opportunity to put yourself out there.

5 hours ago, PAzole said:

I haven't either which is strange because its been over 2 weeks.  Im not sure if they batch things

That might be the case! It’s still relatively early in the cycle and being that their deadline is July 15th, they might just batch everything like you mentioned. From reading last years thread, I didn’t see anyone really mention confirmation emails, but moreso they started to receive interviews around the 3rd week of September. The wait is definitely agonizing, haha! 

2 hours ago, CrystalGemPA said:

That might be the case! It’s still relatively early in the cycle and being that their deadline is July 15th, they might just batch everything like you mentioned. From reading last years thread, I didn’t see anyone really mention confirmation emails, but moreso they started to receive interviews around the 3rd week of September. The wait is definitely agonizing, haha! 

7 hours ago, PAzole said:

I haven't either which is strange because its been over 2 weeks.  Im not sure if they batch things

Hey guys! I am an accepted student and will be starting this summer. It is super early in the game right now for UC Davis and a lot of California schools in general. UCD does not review apps until they're all submitted in July- they don't utilize rolling admission. I got my verification that I submitted my app on 7/8 but keep in mind I submitted my app like 07/01. They will send out a mass interview invite email around September (9/23/2019 for us) with 4 dates to choose from. Usually on the 4 Mondays in October. I can imagine interviews possibly being done virtually but I can't imagine how different the timeline/process would be. 

The wait is definitely nerve wracking! From submitting and waiting to hear back from schools for interviews and then even worse-waiting to hear back AFTER interviews but the time will fly by right in front of you eyes.. trust me haha! Try to enjoy this process 🙂 Hope this helps. Feel free to PM anytime..

• Like 10
  • Upvote 2

Hi everyone!

i just want to check before I hit submit since ive read different answers and now I’m confused. UC Davis requires 3 evaluation and right now I have 2 and I am able to submit and get verified. If I submit now, will they be able to see my 3rd letter as long as my evaluator submits before the deadline?

2 hours ago, Mmram said:

Hi everyone!

i just want to check before I hit submit since ive read different answers and now I’m confused. UC Davis requires 3 evaluation and right now I have 2 and I am able to submit and get verified. If I submit now, will they be able to see my 3rd letter as long as my evaluator submits before the deadline?

Yes I believe so! I think UC Davis won’t actually see it until they start reviewing apps after July. But, it’s still kind of a risk. I would recommend submitting to UC Davis when you’re fully 100% ready app wise, with nothing pending. You still have about a month and a half so you’ll be fine. I submitted my app like 07/01 right before deadline and I had no problems 🙂 hope that helps 

On 6/3/2020 at 11:57 AM, Mmram said:

Hi everyone!

You only need to have 2 evaluations already completed in order for CASPA to verify your application and send it to UCD, so yes, if you submit now, you have until now until UCD's application deadline for your 3rd letter to be sent and reviewed by the admissions committee. (I know because I asked this question to CASPA already, haha!)

On 6/5/2020 at 7:37 PM, ambschen said:

You only need to have 2 evaluations already completed in order for CASPA to verify your application and send it to UCD, so yes, if you submit now, you have until now until UCD's application deadline for your 3rd letter to be sent and reviewed by the admissions committee. (I know because I asked this question to CASPA already, haha!)

Ok good to know! Now I just need the courage to hit submit lol 

Edited by Mmram
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1