MBKU 2020-2021

Guest dean227
2 minutes ago, Pa98173jd said:

Didn't receive an invite and applied priority 😥

I think they’re going by who applied first before the priority deadline. Cause I was verified in august and I didn’t get one either 😕

30 minutes ago, ajbracken said:

I also got an interview invite! I'd love to meet with you guys before hand too, count me in. 

I just tried the link and still not working. Hopefully they get to fixing it soon. 

For those interviewing I have a question. I live in a studio and share the space with my fiance who work full time at home and he has meetings. So it makes the most sense to me to doing a Saturday interview option, but do you guys think this puts me in a disadvantage having it later verse the 4th?

Not at all. They aren’t rolling admissions so it should not matter. I would prefer the Saturday date but I work 😞 

30 minutes ago, alysd said:

I believe that the CASPer site has practice tests - that might be worth checking out. They’re timed situation-based essay questions 🙂 somewhat similar format I’m guessing 

Thanks! I actually took the Casper this cycle for a couple programs. If it’s like that, then I’ll be ok. 🙂 lol 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ajbracken said:

I also got an interview invite! I'd love to meet with you guys before hand too, count me in. 

I just tried the link and still not working. Hopefully they get to fixing it soon. 

For those interviewing I have a question. I live in a studio and share the space with my fiance who work full time at home and he has meetings. So it makes the most sense to me to doing a Saturday interview option, but do you guys think this puts me in a disadvantage having it later verse the 4th?

PM me and I'll add you to the WhatsApp group !

4 hours ago, ajbracken said:

I do not think it would put you at a disadvantage at all! There will be people who are accepted/declined/waitlisted from all those interview time slots. There will also be interviews for those who applied after the priority deadline too. Your chances would be the same as an applicant because it is about YOU and not about whatever day the interview lands on. Good luck!! 🙂 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ryangrant4242 said:

Just got an interview invite too!!! Applied 06/22 verified 07/13. Yes also got the second email saying the service where we schedule the interview is down. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Good luck everyone! We got this! Does anybody want to chat and give each other tips/practice?? If so PM me for the link to the WhatsApp group!

Please count me in.

Sad I didn't receive an interview invite (yet) especially since I had a one on one talk with Chinedu and attended their PA session during the virtual fair. But i already got accepted into one school, just interviewed for another and just got an interview invite for another so I shouldn't be complaining but this and USC were my top schools and I haven't heard from either 😞 

28 minutes ago, Christine616 said:

Sad I didn't receive an interview invite (yet) especially since I had a one on one talk with Chinedu and attended their PA session during the virtual fair. But i already got accepted into one school, just interviewed for another and just got an interview invite for another so I shouldn't be complaining but this and USC were my top schools and I haven't heard from either 😞 

That is hard, but I think these were only the very first of numerous rounds of interview invitations, so hang in there! I’ve applied to 11 schools this cycle and haven’t gotten any interviews at all, only 4 rejections, so from my perspective it sounds like you’re doing really well ♥️

Edited by alysd
Typos
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Christine616 said:

I’m a reapplicant at MBKU. There is still another round of interviews! If you applied before the priority deadline, you will probably be considered for the next round unless they say otherwise. 🙂 

Guest dean227
37 minutes ago, biopsyd said:

They do it like this every year. First round of interviews is for priority applicants. Next round is for the rest of the applicants. 🙂 

What if you applied before the priority deadline and didn’t get the first round of interviews? Does that mean other priority applicants who didn’t get an interview aren’t considered anymore? 

2 hours ago, dean227 said:

What if you applied before the priority deadline and didn’t get the first round of interviews? Does that mean other priority applicants who didn’t get an interview aren’t considered anymore? 

No. They consider your application a second time, but all the other applicants are also considered. If this is the case, you will get an email soon explaining this. 

The only way you won’t get considered again is if you get a rejection email prior to the second round. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Sklobos said:

I got my invitation to interview Saturday night and scheduled for December 10. This is my first interview hopefully it goes well. Any advice?

Congrats! Definitely do your research on the school, program, and area! Have some stories/experiences prepared and practice speaking out loud. 

Leading up to my first interview, I would talk to myself in the car and in the shower to practice answering questions. And then see if you can do mock interviews! I’m always happy to help and do one if you need someone to practice with.

There will probably be a few questions that may throw you off, so it’s okay to take a few seconds after they ask to think about your answer. (I found repeating the question in answer format to start off my answer helped the rest of it flow out lol)

Oh and just remember that they like what they see on paper and they want to see you succeed! Just be yourself and let your personality shine through while answering their questions. You’ll do great! 😀 good luck!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, JustJprePA said:

Congrats! Definitely do your research on the school, program, and area! Have some stories/experiences prepared and practice speaking out loud. 

Leading up to my first interview, I would talk to myself in the car and in the shower to practice answering questions. And then see if you can do mock interviews! I’m always happy to help and do one if you need someone to practice with.

There will probably be a few questions that may throw you off, so it’s okay to take a few seconds after they ask to think about your answer. (I found repeating the question in answer format to start off my answer helped the rest of it flow out lol)

Oh and just remember that they like what they see on paper and they want to see you succeed! Just be yourself and let your personality shine through while answering their questions. You’ll do great! 😀 good luck!

Thanks for the advice, I might take you up on the practice!