MBKU 2020-2021

Submitted my application today! I wanted to make priority deadline so now it seems like I just need to wait for the supplemental fee email. Hopefully I get that before sept 1st. I've been browsing their social media and its seems like the program is very involved with the students which is amazing. *Crossing my fingers*

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, AllyyW said:

If we received the application received email does that mean they received our supplemental fee? I do not remember paying a supplemental fee for them yet. 

No that email is simply just that they've received your application. They will send you another email later on with directions on how to pay the supplemental fee. Mine came the day after I submitted my CASPA app, but I also submitted early on in May so be patient! 🙂

1 hour ago, EmC2297 said:

No that email is simply just that they've received your application. They will send you another email later on with directions on how to pay the supplemental fee. Mine came the day after I submitted my CASPA app, but I also submitted early on in May so be patient! 🙂

I also submitted in May but I never received an email to pay the supplemental. 

18 hours ago, AllyyW said:

If we received the application received email does that mean they received our supplemental fee? I do not remember paying a supplemental fee for them yet. 

I applied recently, and a few days after submitting CASPA I received an email from MBKU that gave me my login info for their portal. After paying the supplemental fee through the portal, I received another email saying that my payment had been received.

6 minutes ago, megmer said:

I applied recently, and a few days after submitting CASPA I received an email from MBKU that gave me my login info for their portal. After paying the supplemental fee through the portal, I received another email saying that my payment had been received.

Thank you for your clarification! I never got an email with login info for their portal. I hope it did not go to my spam and I missed it. I will reach out to them. Thanks again!

• Like 1

Hello everyone! I am a current first year at MBKU (I also have a pre-PA IG, @whitecoatchasing) ☺️ to give you all a little context, I submitted August 25th, received an interview November 6th, interviewed December 7th and was accepted December 10th! I wish you all the best of luck ☺️

• Like 16
  • Upvote 5

Hi everyone! I just received an email saying they have received my application, but did not receive a link to pay the supplement application fee or credentials for the portal. I checked my spam and reached out to them, and they sent they resent the email but I still have not gotten anything. Did this happen to anyone else? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rpop2019 said:

Hi everyone! I just received an email saying they have received my application, but did not receive a link to pay the supplement application fee or credentials for the portal. I checked my spam and reached out to them, and they sent they resent the email but I still have not gotten anything. Did this happen to anyone else? 

I applied back in May and received the confirmation email in June. I also never received the email for the link for the supplemental fee. I reached out to them as well and did not receive an email after they said they reset the link. I also checked my spam. I am thinking I will need to reach out to them again if I do not get it soon. Let me know if anything changes for you. 

19 hours ago, ajones said:

Hello everyone! I am a current first year at MBKU (I also have a pre-PA IG, @whitecoatchasing) ☺️ to give you all a little context, I submitted August 25th, received an interview November 6th, interviewed December 7th and was accepted December 10th! I wish you all the best of luck ☺️

Do you mind sharing how your experience has been so far with MBKU and navigating PA school during the pandemic?! One reason I love MBKU is because of their involvement with the community and various events that they hold/partake in. Has there been talk about whether or not this part of the program will continue in some way? Thanks so much 😊 

On 8/26/2020 at 6:04 PM, AllyyW said:

I applied back in May and received the confirmation email in June. I also never received the email for the link for the supplemental fee. I reached out to them as well and did not receive an email after they said they reset the link. I also checked my spam. I am thinking I will need to reach out to them again if I do not get it soon. Let me know if anything changes for you. 

I emailed them again! So hopefully I hear back soon so I can let you know what they say. Let me know what they say to you and if you received the link! 🙂  It's giving me so much anxiety lol! 

On 8/27/2020 at 4:20 PM, rpop2019 said:

I emailed them again! So hopefully I hear back soon so I can let you know what they say. Let me know what they say to you and if you received the link! 🙂  It's giving me so much anxiety lol! 

They sent me an email saying this: 
“We do apologize as we’ve ran into some technical difficulties with our student portal. Rest assured that your application will be acknowledged as a priority application. We will provide you with another link as soon as we resolve these technical issues.” 

Hope this helps! 🙂

• Like 3

On 8/27/2020 at 4:20 PM, rpop2019 said:

Can I have the email address that you used to contact them? I never received the supplemental link either and I just wanted to let them know about that. Thank you!!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, thika said:

Can I have the email address that you used to contact them? I never received the supplemental link either and I just wanted to let them know about that. Thank you!!

Yes of course! I received another email yesterday saying they resent the link again, but I still have not gotten it. This is the email I used! paadmissions@ketchum.edu 

Let me know what they say! 🙂 

55 minutes ago, ARHEES said:

Do you know if they will host another one? I cant find any information on this

They used to have a link on their homepage saying that if you missed the info session, they could email you the recording. But they must've taken it down bc I don't see it anymore. I bet they still have the recording! You could try emailing admissions and asking?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ARHEES said:

Do you know if they will host another one? I cant find any information on this

If I remember correctly, from previous years they usually have one in the Spring and one in the Fall. I'm not sure if this has changed. I would just keep checking their website. They would post it on there. 

3 hours ago, Mmram said:

Has anyone that has submitted in the last few week actually received the supplemental link email? I haven’t and I am wondering if I should email them or just wait it out since it seems like they are still having issues. 

I just submitted last week and have not received the supplemental link. I did get an email saying they received my application. I'm guessing they are having issues. This is my 3rd time applying here and they usually send out the supplemental link within a week of submitting. 🧐

On 8/27/2020 at 9:26 AM, BeachBum7 said:

Do you mind sharing how your experience has been so far with MBKU and navigating PA school during the pandemic?! One reason I love MBKU is because of their involvement with the community and various events that they hold/partake in. Has there been talk about whether or not this part of the program will continue in some way? Thanks so much 😊 

So unfortunately we’re not able to get involved in the community yet. They have tried to contact multiple volunteer organizations and have been turned down but we’re hoping to pick that up next quarter. So far, everything has been online in both recorded lectures and Zoom sessions. We have even had Zoom events and the organizations are still active through that. The professors/faculty are extremely helpful in making sure we all feel comfortable and supported during this transition - even from a distance! As of now, we are not 100% sure when in-person events are going to resume. 

6 hours ago, Mmram said:

Has anyone that has submitted in the last few week actually received the supplemental link email? I haven’t and I am wondering if I should email them or just wait it out since it seems like they are still having issues. 

I emailed them about this today and they said that they are having some technical difficulties and will provide the link as soon as they resolve them. I asked if my application is still considered as submitted by the priority deadline if the supplemental fee is not yet paid and they said yes 🙂 

• Like 3