MBKU 2020-2021

Guest dean227
2 minutes ago, Pa98173jd said:

Got an email saying that my application will be reviewed at a later time. 

Same. I wonder when in December they’ll send out more interview invites then? 

I just got an email about reviewing my application again for the next round of interviews in December. AKA did not get an invite for the first round. Has anyone gotten flat out rejected yet, or is the emails stating 1) that you got an interview or 2) that they will consider your application for the next round of interviews - the most definitive news so far?

Guest dean227
4 minutes ago, PhysicianAssistantToBe said:

Got the same email. I have a feeling that it’s pretty much a rejection. Sigh. 

Do you really think it’s a rejection?? 

2 minutes ago, dean227 said:

Do you really think it’s a rejection?? 

It is not a rejection. Just means that you weren't selected from the priority group for an early interview. Will be re-reviewed along with the rest of us mere mortals who applied later 🙂 Stay positive y'all! 

• Like 6

Hi guys! Did anyone else get this?

”The Admissions Committee has carefully reviewed your application and although you were not invited to the first round of interviews, your application is being considered for our next round of interviews.  The final decision in regards to an invitation to interview will be sent in mid-December.  We appreciate your patience and thank you again for your interest in our program.”

Is this basically an interview waitlist? Not sure so just wanted to ask - thank you! 

Guest dean227
16 minutes ago, emlphan said:

Hi guys! Did anyone else get this?

”The Admissions Committee has carefully reviewed your application and although you were not invited to the first round of interviews, your application is being considered for our next round of interviews.  The final decision in regards to an invitation to interview will be sent in mid-December.  We appreciate your patience and thank you again for your interest in our program.”

Is this basically an interview waitlist? Not sure so just wanted to ask - thank you! 

Mine just said December not mid lol. 

On 12/1/2020 at 12:37 PM, pepy7 said:

I didn't get the email that my application will be considered at a later time. I applied in July. Does that mean I am not being considered anymore at all?  

I haven't received anything yet either 😰 from what it looks like, there's a slim chance we'll be considered for an interview..

Just received the same second round interview email. Hopefully it's a good thing, or perhaps they just send it to every priority applicant who doesn't receive an interview? 

Edited by NorcalEDT

I got that email last year. 
Basically, although you didn’t get an early interview, your application will be considered again for the next round. But you’ll be considered along with everyone else who submitted after the priority deadline.
You’re still in the running for an interview! 🙂 

Marshall is pretty good at letting you know where you stand pretty early, whether that be interview, waitlist, or rejection. 

• Like 2

Hey all, I'm coming back to this, probably a little too much time has passed. I promise I wasn't wasting my time! I am finally an alumni of MBKU and just took my PANCE this morning. 

But to all those who have anxiety about it or are still waiting to hear: the key is patience. Being that I did all of my interviews pre-COVID they may have changed the timelines some and how they go about selecting people for interview. Further, priority applicants who didn't interview this first (December) round of interviews are still in consideration for January (and perhaps February) interviews. I know it can be disheartening to see others getting those interviews you so desperately desire, but it's not game over for you yet. Breathe. We all get there eventually. My class had a 5th time reapplicant - it's possible. 

To all of you equally, interviews scheduled or not, good luck! Enthusiasm is key, be your best self! MBKU SPAS does not care about your grades or paper scores in the interview, they care about who you are. 

• Like 12
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, LowBackPain said:

Hey all, I'm coming back to this, probably a little too much time has passed. I promise I wasn't wasting my time! I am finally an alumni of MBKU and just took my PANCE this morning. 

But to all those who have anxiety about it or are still waiting to hear: the key is patience. Being that I did all of my interviews pre-COVID they may have changed the timelines some and how they go about selecting people for interview. Further, priority applicants who didn't interview this first (December) round of interviews are still in consideration for January (and perhaps February) interviews. I know it can be disheartening to see others getting those interviews you so desperately desire, but it's not game over for you yet. Breathe. We all get there eventually. My class had a 5th time reapplicant - it's possible. 

To all of you equally, interviews scheduled or not, good luck! Enthusiasm is key, be your best self! MBKU SPAS does not care about your grades or paper scores in the interview, they care about who you are. 

Definitely happy to hear this, thank you! Congratulations on graduating and taking the PANCE! Hopefully we will be joining you in the field. 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LowBackPain said:

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement!!! Congrats on graduating and taking the PANCE!

To all the applicants who received emails today about being considered for the next round of interviews, I did as well. Mid-December is real soon s let's all stay hopeful!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I applied mid to late July and got that follow up email earlier today. Said "mid-December" on mine. 

I reached out to 2 friends who are in their first year at MBKU and they told me to not lose hope!! Not everyone who applies priority gets that email and there are current students who got that email and are thriving in the program! My friends reassured me that there is HOPE! 

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, monztran said:

I applied mid to late July and got that follow up email earlier today. Said "mid-December" on mine. 

I reached out to 2 friends who are in their first year at MBKU and they told me to not lose hope!! Not everyone who applies priority gets that email and there are current students who got that email and are thriving in the program! My friends reassured me that there is HOPE! 

I got that same email. Better than a rejection email I guess. Thank you for the reassurance!! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, biopsyd said:

Great meeting some of y'all today! This interview was definitely a little different than I expected, but I enjoyed it! 🙂 Good luck everyone! 

Likewise! It was different than what I expected also but I thought it was a great experience. We met a lot of faculty today and they were all so nice and helpful. Now we play the waiting game. 😅

• Like 2