MBKU 2020-2021

9 hours ago, rpop2019 said:

Yes of course! I received another email yesterday saying they resent the link again, but I still have not gotten it. This is the email I used! paadmissions@ketchum.edu 

Let me know what they say! 🙂 

Thank you so much! I just emailed you and will keep you updated 😄

On 8/26/2020 at 3:04 PM, AllyyW said:

I applied back in May and received the confirmation email in June. I also never received the email for the link for the supplemental fee. I reached out to them as well and did not receive an email after they said they reset the link. I also checked my spam. I am thinking I will need to reach out to them again if I do not get it soon. Let me know if anything changes for you. 

So I emailed them and they responded stating:

"Thank you for your email.

We do apologize as we’ve ran into some technical difficulties with our student portal. Rest assured that your application will be acknowledged as a priority application. We will provide you with another link as soon as we resolve these technical issues."

I guess the technical issue is still present ...

4 minutes ago, ellieg said:

Is MKBU a "real" non-rolling school? I know some schools label themselves as non-rolling but have rolling interviews or "slow rolling" admissions. Thanks!

It is a yes and a no. From last cycle, every applicant that applied before September 1st, will get a response at around November either with an interview invite, rejection, or MBKU will push your application review later with the rest of the applicants. So in this respect, it isnt rolling. Now, after that first round of interviews, it is rolling admissions with applicants that submitted after September 1st and those who had their application review delayed. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, ashleyp19 said:

If our CASPA was submitted before the priority deadline of September 1st, will be still be considered for meeting the priority deadline due to their technical difficulties with the supplemental app fee and student portal?

Someone earlier in the forum shared the same concern and he/she reported that MBKU still considered it priority 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2020 at 9:46 AM, Fishtale said:

Question, my application was verified earlier in September but I still haven't gotten the payment link. If I don't get payment link before the deadline does that mean my application will be tossed out/not looked at?

I would contact the admissions director to clarify this but it doesn’t seem like you should be penalized for it because it’s a slow down on their part. 

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, pepy7 said:

Has anyone heard from admissions? In the email that stated they got my application said we would hear back before November (I submitted end of July)

They said they will reach out by November 2020. So, that could mean the 1st or the very last day. Those that submitted before September 1st will get a response by then. Those that applied after are interviewed January. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, pepy7 said:

Has anyone heard from admissions? In the email that stated they got my application said we would hear back before November (I submitted end of July)

I believe that those who submitted before their priority deadline should hear back the first week in November. Not sure if this will be pushed back because of COVID. I don’t believe we will be notified any earlier than November. Good luck! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, biopsyd said:

I'm a re-applicant. 

Last year, I heard back around mid November, so I'd say around that time. This was for priority applicants only. 

Thank you! 
By chance, do you recall last year approx how much of the class they filled from the priority applicants and how much filled later? If you don’t know I totally understand. 

I intended to apply early before the priority date, but didn’t end up doing so until much later due to some family health struggles. 

3 minutes ago, alysd said:

Thank you! 
By chance, do you recall last year approx how much of the class they filled from the priority applicants and how much filled later? If you don’t know I totally understand. 

I intended to apply early before the priority date, but didn’t end up doing so until much later due to some family health struggles. 

They dont really share the breakdown but priority doesn't really harm one's chances if one applied passed the priority date because a lot of the priority applicants will be rejected or pushed for review with the remaining applicants that applied post September 1st. Also, so many priority students are waitlisted and taken off the waitlist at about the time the applicants in the last interview date are accepted. So, when the time comes, just be your best personable and professional self 🙂 Also, I pray for your family's wellbeing. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, alysd said:

Thank you! 

I don't have an exact number but people definitely were accepted before the second round of interviews. 

I do know if you apply before the priority deadline, your application gets considered twice. Once for the priority interviews and once again for the general interviews (if you didn’t get a priority interview). 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, biopsyd said:

I don't have an exact number but people definitely were accepted before the second round of interviews. 

I do know if you apply before the priority deadline, your application gets considered twice. Once for the priority interviews and once again for the general interviews (if you didn’t get a priority interview). 

Awesome, thank you! 

• 2 weeks later...