MBKU 2020-2021

1 hour ago, PrePAABGL said:

I believe the official acceptance emails were sent out today. I just paid the deposit and emailed back the agreement in the afternoon. Hope to see everyone in the group soon😊

I received my official acceptance today as well☺️ I have been at work so plan to submit a deposit tomorrow. Haven’t logged onto the portal yet but are there multiple payment options for submitting the deposit? Also, if anyone knows the link to the program’s intranet page that would be amazing! I am just trying to explore housing options early. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BeachBum7 said:

I received my official acceptance today as well☺️ I have been at work so plan to submit a deposit tomorrow. Haven’t logged onto the portal yet but are there multiple payment options for submitting the deposit? Also, if anyone knows the link to the program’s intranet page that would be amazing! I am just trying to explore housing options early. 

Yay! Congrats! 🤗I remember there is only one option via credit card payment for the deposit. I think once you are on your student portal, you can go to the intranet. I remember I saw housing option too. 

I called MBKU today and found out my portal was having technical issues that had me still at Applicant stage instead of Interview stage. Problem was resolved quickly and I was able to schedule my interview for 1/26! Not sure if there are others with the same issues but if you paid your Supplemental Fee you should have been able to schedule by now. Good luck everyone!

1 hour ago, BeachBum7 said:

Hi everyone! I reached out to Leslie and she said that a FB group will be created once they fill all of their seats for the CO 2023. Congrats again to those accepted and good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back/preparing to interview this month☺️

Thank you for the update! Good luck to everyone interviews this month! 😊

• Like 3

On 12/22/2020 at 9:20 PM, AZherzog said:

I got invited for an interview! Very excited, I have some research to do. 

Last year I was waitlisted for an interview. I heard back from the school for the interview the second week of January. There is a chance! Unfortunately I was waitlisted last year. This is my second year applying & was waitlisted for an interview again.

1 hour ago, BeachBum7 said:

For anyone accepted, I received the certiphi initiation email about an hour ago! I just wanted to clarify - is our student ID number the ID number we use as our login for the student portal? 

Yes, I believe so. It's the 7-digit student ID number and the code provided by school. 

• Like 1

Got off the interview waitlist today and scheduled for Jan 26th. Soo excited but also nervous because of my prior waitlist position and having a late interview date. Any words of encouragement or advice would be appreciated! MBKU has always been my dream program but I honestly gave up hope after the interview waitlist notification and I'm suffering from some low-esteem after two previous post-interview rejections (though I've improved a lot since then!). 😨

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ameiyan said:

Got off the interview waitlist today and scheduled for Jan 26th. Soo excited but also nervous because of my prior waitlist position and having a late interview date. Any words of encouragement or advice would be appreciated! MBKU has always been my dream program but I honestly gave up hope after the interview waitlist notification and I'm suffering from some low-esteem after two previous post-interview rejections (though I've improved a lot since then!). 😨

That’s awesome! Glad to hear there’s hope for us interview waitlist-ers. For reference, what date were you put on the interview waitlist? 
Good luck! Let those other rejections go and put them behind you, it can only go up from here. 🙂 

2 hours ago, ameiyan said:

Congrats on the interview. ☺️🎉 That within itself is a huge accomplishment. Learn from your previous experiences and reflect on what you feel you could improve upon. This interview experience was by FAR my favorite. I felt that they truly wanted to get to know me as a person beyond my application and genuinely cared about what I said. With that information, just be yourself and let your passion for their program shine through! I would say reflect on your previous life and patient care experiences and go to the interview prepared to share some of those experience stories as a way to stand out and show who you are, your values, why you are a good fit for their program specifically, and how you will contribute to their program, rather than just telling them. Good luck! You will do great 😊 Third time is a charm! 

6 hours ago, alysd said:

That’s awesome! Glad to hear there’s hope for us interview waitlist-ers. For reference, what date were you put on the interview waitlist? 
Good luck! Let those other rejections go and put them behind you, it can only go up from here. 🙂 

I was placed on interview waitlist on Dec 22nd, 1pm if that helps lol. And you’re right I need to keep looking forward! 

3 hours ago, BeachBum7 said:

Congrats on the interview. ☺️🎉 That within itself is a huge accomplishment. Learn from your previous experiences and reflect on what you feel you could improve upon. This interview experience was by FAR my favorite. I felt that they truly wanted to get to know me as a person beyond my application and genuinely cared about what I said. With that information, just be yourself and let your passion for their program shine through! I would say reflect on your previous life and patient care experiences and go to the interview prepared to share some of those experience stories as a way to stand out and show who you are, your values, why you are a good fit for their program specifically, and how you will contribute to their program, rather than just telling them. Good luck! You will do great 😊 Third time is a charm! 

Thank you for the insight and words of encouragement!! 😭 Interviewing at MBKU really sounds like an amazing experience and I can only hope to speak about my experiences with the confidence you have to stand out. It’s been months since those last interviews and I’ve done SO MUCH self-reflection and practice since then to improve..but self-doubt can definitely linger. Regardless, I really appreciate the positive energy! And congrats on your acceptance! I would be livin it up. 😂

• Like 2

On 1/7/2021 at 12:56 PM, maielloc said:

Last year I was waitlisted for an interview. I heard back from the school for the interview the second week of January. There is a chance! Unfortunately I was waitlisted last year. This is my second year applying & was waitlisted for an interview again.

best of luck to you !

Hey everyone! Just got accepted to MBKU. Interviewed on 12/10. Congrats to everyone who got accepted thus far. I’ve got questions about FAFSA and housing. When should we apply for FAFSA? Are there any sites that I can go on to look for housing since matriculation starts in Fall of 2021, so that’s about 7 months from now. 😬 For reference, I’m coming from Henderson, NV so any out-of-state students looking for a roommate?? 🙋‍♀️ 

• Like 4

On 1/8/2021 at 5:49 PM, ameiyan said:

Once you're granted an interview, positioning doesn't matter. For reference the previous years I got early interview invite but got rejected (not waitlisted) while quite a few that interviewed on the last day got accepted. Stay positive and you got this!

10 minutes ago, kdavis3742 said:

Once you're granted an interview, positioning doesn't matter. For reference the previous years I got early interview invite but got rejected (not waitlisted) while quite a few that interviewed on the last day got accepted. Stay positive and you got this!

Thanks for sharing! That makes me feel a little better. The post-interview rejections totally eat away at my soul lol I need to stop putting myself down 

2 hours ago, ameiyan said:

Thanks for sharing! That makes me feel a little better. The post-interview rejections totally eat away at my soul lol I need to stop putting myself down 

Don’t let rejections get you down. Keep on doing your thing. You’ve proven you’re successful, don’t let a rejection let you feel like your not. Rejections happen to everyone. The people who are rejecting you (admissions committee) has even received rejections when they were going through the same process as you. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, midimension said:

I'm interviewing this Saturday 1/16 but haven't received specific information about the interview yet. Does anyone know when they send that out or have people already received some?

I interviewed last Friday, the interview details were sent 2 days prior to that. Best of luck on your upcoming interview!