MBKU 2020-2021

11 hours ago, alysd said:

Just submitted, finally! Had a heck of a time condensing one of my short essay answers to <1000 characters. 

Wishing best of luck to everyone 🙂 

Did you get the supplemental link to pay for the fee? I submitted yesterday as well and am worried I won’t get the link for payment before Nov 1 

15 hours ago, mzeballos said:

Did you get the supplemental link to pay for the fee? I submitted yesterday as well and am worried I won’t get the link for payment before Nov 1 

No, I figured it likely won’t come for a week or two. I’m pretty certain that isn’t factored in to the Nov 1st deadline. As long as our CASPA app is verified. 

Edit: I ended up receiving supplemental link the next day 🙂 

Edited by alysd

5 hours ago, Susan6 said:

I'm still working on mine >_<! Do you know if the application needs to be "Verified" or "Complete" by 9pm Nov 1? I couldn't find the info on their site. Thanks!

I was curious about this so I checked CASPA Help Center. MBKU is an 'orange' deadline, meaning all application materials, transcripts, and LOR must be received by 11:59 EST on deadline date but do not have to be verified. 

https://help.liaisonedu.com/CASPA_Applicant_Help_Center/Starting_Your_CASPA_Application/Getting_Started_with_Your_CASPA_Application/3_CASPA_Participating_Programs_and_Eligibility

Btw I just received the link to the supplemental fee; took less than 24 hours since I applied! 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, biopsyd said:

Deadline for what? Caspa still says Nov. 1st. 
Also, this shouldn’t affect priority applicants. 

Just referring to what someone had recently posted in this thread about calling the program and receiving word that the deadline was moved. I noticed that the website still states Nov. 1, too. Perhaps the new Nov 16 deadline was in regards to the supplemental! 

When I spoke to admissions director she mentioned priority applications hear in November and anyone that applied after sept 1 usually hears back in mid December. I think it’s two interviews in December for priority and two interview dates in January for all applications based on last year posts. 

good luck everyone! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 11/4/2020 at 12:16 PM, BeachBum7 said:

Just referring to what someone had recently posted in this thread about calling the program and receiving word that the deadline was moved. I noticed that the website still states Nov. 1, too. Perhaps the new Nov 16 deadline was in regards to the supplemental! 

Assuming everything from last year’s thread, it looks like applicants have until Nov. 16 to pay the supplemental fee 🙂 Deadline for submitting the app still would have been Nov. 1. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, giselleg93 said:

Assuming everything from last year’s thread, it looks like applicants have until Nov. 16 to pay the supplemental fee 🙂 Deadline for submitting the app still would have been Nov. 1. 

Thanks for clarifying this!!! 🙂 Anxiously waiting! Submitted before the priority deadline. Still no news! Maybe early next week we will hear! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nemo125 said:

Same. Usually they respond mid-November so hopefully next week or the week after!

Hey all, current student of MBKU here (graduating in one week) when I applied in 2017 I did not hear until mid to late November and I was an early applicant. I know you're all very anxious and excited, just be patient they will get to you. And enjoy the free time before beginning school because it won't exist once you start! 😁

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, LowBackPain said:

Hey all, current student of MBKU here (graduating in one week) when I applied in 2017 I did not hear until mid to late November and I was an early applicant. I know you're all very anxious and excited, just be patient they will get to you. And enjoy the free time before beginning school because it won't exist once you start! 😁

Thanks so much for this! We applicants appreciate it a ton. 

Between working 2 jobs, taking classes part-time, volunteering, and marathon training I’m not sure what this free time is that you speak of 😂 But I’m sure PA school will be a beast and an entirely new type of stress. 

Congrats on your impending graduation! 

33 minutes ago, LowBackPain said:

Hi! I really appreciate your words of  encouragement. Also, would you mind if I DM you some questions?