Rosalind Franklin 2020-2021 Cycle

Ahh! I just got invited to interview. My legs almost gave way - this is my first PA program invite. Super excited! 

I didn't have a very competitive undergrad GPA - so there is hope for non-traditional folks out there!

Submitted 5/31, Verified 6/5

Edited by pseudonym
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Ahh! I just got invited to interview. My legs almost gave way - this is my first PA program invite. Super excited! 
I didn't have a very competitive undergrad GPA - so there is hope for non-traditional folks out there!
Submitted 5/31, Verified 6/5

Congrats & good luck! Do they call or email to give notice of the invitation?

On 7/27/2020 at 5:23 PM, Oatmeal77 said:

I got an interview invite 😱

Me too! And I think I'm a bit of an anomaly. I got my 6 week/application received email 7/8 and interview invite 7/27!

Also didn't have the strongest undergrad academically, but have a variety of PCE/leadership & volunteer exp so there's definitely hope for those stronger in the experience side!

On 8/4/2020 at 7:35 PM, KennedyUmich2019 said:

Congratulations! What do you mean by first 3 dates are full?

The first few dates they offer were already even filled by the time I got mine. So interviews will be happening early-mid Fall. 

Good luck to everyone else!!

Edited by CharlesBSun
  • Like 1

Just got an interview invite! Verified 6/14, application file complete 6/16. 

There were 5 interview days, and all but the last day (end of Oct) were full. I was able to get an interview on the last day, and a waitlist spot for the 4th day as well, but all the other waitlists were full. 

I'm excited! Even though it's a late interview I'm happy to have the chance.

On 7/9/2020 at 12:30 PM, ElectricalAnteater said:

Hey guys, I'm pretty excited but a bit superstitiously afraid to say I scheduled my interview for Sept. 11th.

My application was verified by CASPA 6/22, Rosalind Franklin sent the email for a complete application 6/24, and I was offered the interview on 7/8.

I actually have a big question though! Even though this program is moving to virtual interviews, does anyone know if they will still use a (MMI) format through zoom? Or will they be switching to the more standard PA interview format?

Did you ever find out if the interview will still be MMI?

1 minute ago, ElectricalAnteater said:

Nope lol, I think we'll be waiting to hear from the people that have an earlier interview to tell us 

During the recent virtual online PA fair on July 22nd, they stated: "We are keeping it as similar to the in person interviews as possible....we will still be utilizing the MMI style". Hope this helps!

• Like 1

On 7/24/2020 at 12:17 PM, PrePAJen said:

I got an email this week saying my application would continue to be under further review (after the initial six weeks was over). Did anyone else get that same email?

I got this email today, and I was CASPA verified 5/28. They said "This is a courtesy notification to make you aware that a holistic evaluation of your file was completed by our Admissions Committee. Although we believe your credentials demonstrate strong academic potential, your application is being held for further review."  Not sure what to think of this honestly so I am preparing for the worst. If anyone else got a similar message and wants to share stats I'd really appreciate it.

GPA: 3.85

sGPA: 3.95

GRE: 307, writing 5

HCE: 1080 (patient transporter)

PCE: 791 (EMT)

Leadership: 81 hrs

Volunteer: 50 hrs

shadowing: 21 hrs (PA)

Hi all, I know I'm very late to the game here but was planning on submitting to RF this week (my CASPA is already verified and I have already submitted to other programs), however reading some of the previous posts it sounds like all interview dates may have been filled/extended already? Just wondering if it might be too late to apply at this point. Grateful for any insight folks may have!

5 minutes ago, JessicaPortlandOR said:

Hi all, I know I'm very late to the game here but was planning on submitting to RF this week (my CASPA is already verified and I have already submitted to other programs), however reading some of the previous posts it sounds like all interview dates may have been filled/extended already? Just wondering if it might be too late to apply at this point. Grateful for any insight folks may have!

I would do it anyway! Even if interviews are full, not everyone will get a seat or they may even give up their seat. You never know!

• Like 1