GPA: 3.98

GRE Verbal: 165

GRE Quant: 161

GRE Writing: 6.0

~ 1300 PCE hours as an oncology /urology floor CNA

~ 3000 hours professional lab research

~ 40 hours shadowing PAs

~ 200 hours volunteering

where did you decide to attend? And why? If I may ask?

2 hours ago, minnesotaprepa said:

GPA: 3.98

GRE Verbal: 165

GRE Quant: 161

GRE Writing: 6.0

~ 1300 PCE hours as an oncology /urology floor CNA

~ 3000 hours professional lab research

~ 40 hours shadowing PAs

~ 200 hours volunteering

Lmk if I forgot to address a certain category. 

These stats are awesome!! Can you share some interview tips?

14 hours ago, secondroundbestround said:

These stats are awesome!! Can you share some interview tips?

Thanks! 

Interview tips for RFU (specifically):

RFU adopts a Multiple Mini Interview style (MMI). This model started in medical schools and has quickly been adopted by many other health training programs in Canada and the United States. If you are unfamiliar with the concept, I suggest you do some thorough research.

For a long time, I was involved in competitive speech and did impromptu speaking - so I think that experience really prepared me for this. I personally believe that a lot of MMI success simply comes from the ability to speak well on your feet.

What does it mean to "speak well"? To me, this basically translates as "eloquence" (aka sounding professional and put-together) and solid content. If you can develop a habit of responding to any question with this in mind, the interview questions will be no different. I would sit down with a list of practice MMI or just med school interview questions. Look at them one by one, give yourself 2 minutes to prep, and then try to talk about it for roughly 5 minutes.

The "problem solving" type questions that I encountered in MMIs last year ranged from building things to drawing to riddles. These you cannot really prep for. Instead, keep in mind what they are examining. If you are working with a partner, they are likely looking at teamwork, communication, and patience. In every problem-solving, they will probably ask you how you think you did and what you could have done better. If they do, they are asking you to identify weaknesses and strengths.

loved the MMI as it caters to my strengths. I liked the ability to "reset" between questions and to have multiple first impressions. it is also much more fun than a one-on-one interview or a panel interview. In my experience, it seemed that those applicants who embraced this style and enjoyed it generally got accepted more often than those who did not.

Feel free to message me with any questions!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 5/11/2020 at 7:04 AM, minnesotaprepa said:

The "problem solving" type questions that I encountered in MMIs last year ranged from building things to drawing to riddles. These you cannot really prep for. Instead, keep in mind what they are examining. If you are working with a partner, they are likely looking at teamwork, communication, and patience. In every problem-solving, they will probably ask you how you think you did and what you could have done better. If they do, they are asking you to identify weaknesses and strengths.

loved the MMI as it caters to my strengths. I liked the ability to "reset" between questions and to have multiple first impressions. it is also much more fun than a one-on-one interview or a panel interview. In my experience, it seemed that those applicants who embraced this style and enjoyed it generally got accepted more often than those who did not.

Feel free to message me with any questions!

Wow-- this sounds super cool, especially the riddles/building. Gotta work on getting the "ums" out of my vocabulary before any interviews! (-:

39 minutes ago, cee2021 said:

Has anyone received confirmation from RFU that they received your CASPA and with instructions to pay the fee? 

Nope, not yet! I only submitted and sent my GRE scores on Saturday though. I've noticed in general that it has taken longer this cycle for schools to give me application confirmation but I feel like that is to be expected

35 minutes ago, sdebar said:

Nope, not yet! I only submitted and sent my GRE scores on Saturday though. I've noticed in general that it has taken longer this cycle for schools to give me application confirmation but I feel like that is to be expected

Makes sense, I would expect so too! I submitted/verified everything for 5/13 and some schools confirmed right away and others will probably take a little longer with the remote work. 

9 hours ago, cee2021 said:

I reached out and they said they are still finalizing their program on their end. They will begin pulling data from CASPA in about a week or two which is when they will send the email for the $35 processing fee. 

Thank you, this was super helpful! I was getting pretty stressed not hearing from them