Let's post here for the 2019-2020 CASPA cycle for Drexel University to keep each other in the loop of when we applied, stats, any contact with the university, interview invites and acceptances! Good luck to everyone.

Submitted CASPA app 5/14

Verified 5/14

Receipt of application from Drexel (via email) 5/14

Edited by samweres

Hello! Good luck to everyone this cycle! Hopefully we hear something from them soon.

Submitted CASPA Application/Verified by CASPA 05/10

Receipt of Drexel Application/Under Review 5/10

• Upvote 1

Submitted CASPA: 5/20

Verified:5/22

Confirmed by Drexel:5/23

Good luck everyone! Does anyone know how long it usually takes to hear back?

Can everyone please share their stats?  

cGPA: 3.57

science: 3.46

graduate: 4.0

overall (undergrad + grad) 3.64

overall science (u+grad) 3.57

Received an email today stating I’m missing medical terminology...they have started reviewing app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's my timeline if anyone is curious!

• Submitted 5/11
  • Verified 5/13
  • Receipt of application email from Drexel 5/13
  • Interview invite 6/5

• Like 1

I just received my first PA program interview ever! I’m interviewing on July 25th. I’m so nervous and excited! Okurrrr! 

• Upvote 2

On 6/5/2019 at 4:55 PM, gjr428 said:

I just received my first PA program interview ever! I’m interviewing on July 25th. I’m so nervous and excited! Okurrrr! 

Congrats! 

Do you mind sharing your stats?

10 hours ago, PArtnerincrime said:

Received an interview invite today for August 15th! 

Anyone else planning on being there? 

I will be there. Received an email yesterday. 

Congrats to everyone who has received interviews!

• Submitted 5/20
  • Verified 5/21
  • Receipt of application email from Drexel 5/21
  • Interview invite 6/5

Also my first PA interview!

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 11:15 AM, jc0863 said:

Does Drexel require a supplemental application or is it just the CASPA questions?

No other supplemental app, just everything on CASPA!

Hi ladies and gents,

I applied to Drexel last year. They did monthly reviews and interview rounds. I applied late last year and then had trouble with CASPA so it was near August by the time I was officially verified, then I washed out all the way at the very end. They'll do interviews all the way into January if they don't fill all their spots.

Timelines this year: had my app confirmed 6/5. So if I get an interview invite it'll probably be next month.

Congrats to those with interviews already. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Does anyone have any idea when rejections start to go out? I was confirmed by Drexel on 5/14 and still haven’t heard anything yet!

Edited by Bc135

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, I got verified June 6th and it seems as though we would have likely already heard back for an interview if they were interested. Still early though so not sure. 

On 6/12/2019 at 10:53 PM, PArtnerincrime said:

Received an interview invite today for August 15th! 

Anyone else planning on being there? 

I will be there! 🙂 

3 hours ago, ct0502 said:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, I got verified June 6th and it seems as though we would have likely already heard back for an interview if they were interested. Still early though so not sure. 

It's still early. I applied the first week of June and have not heard back yet either. 

• Like 1

Received confirmation that my application is being processed on June 6th. 

Still have not heard anything else. 

Should I consider it a rejection??

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By mccleen
      hello,
       i'm considering applying this cycle after completing my BSc in biology this past spring. i'm not sure if there is anyone here who has had an interview invite or being accepted with similar stats. your input is greatly appreciated.
      thanks
      cGPA:3.3
      sGPA: 2.97
      Volunteering 1500
      PCE 11280 hrs
      HCE: 4500
      shadow hours: 120
      LORs: 1 MD and 2 PAs
      no GRE score, no research hrs
    • By mccleen
      hello,
       i'm considering applying this cycle after completing my BSc in biology this past spring. i'm not sure if there is anyone here who has had an interview invite or being accepted with similar stats. your input is greatly appreciated.
      thanks
      cGPA:3.3
      sGPA: 2.97
      Volunteering 1500
      PCE 11280 hrs
      HCE: 4500
      shadow hours: 120
      LORs: 1 MD and 2 PAs
      no GRE score, no research hrs
    • By AJRCS
      So I live in Tucson Arizona and my fiancé and I just bought a house from his father. I originally was going to be a Clinical Psychologist but the median salary to PhD/PsyD debt ratio is atrocious. I was speaking with a former mentor and internship director now friend who told me that I would be better suited to being a Physician Assistant and that therapy doesn’t seem to have professional fulfillment (based on my experience as a group cbt facilitator.) He is totally right, I believe that therapy is an immensely helpful tool in treating behavioral health conditions, I just don’t think I should be the one to provide said therapy.
      My point is that Tucson does not have a school with a PA program. The ones in Arizona are all Northern or Central Arizona and I don’t think I could make living in Tucson and commuting work (the nearest school is a appx 6 hour round trip.) So I am not sure what my options are or if I can do this at all especially considering I only have 300 pce as a CNA and one prereq done (Gen Stats and Psych Stats.) I have been doing research and I really like the idea of being a Psych PA. I thought about the Yale Online program but as it stands I don’t think I’d be a competitive applicant and I live too far from Mesa, Glendale or Flagstaff. Would it be possible to do a post bacc to fulfill pre-reqs and boost my 2.9 GPA and get more PCE in order to apply to the Yale Online Program? I feel like banking on one school isn’t a wise idea? 
    • By ShaneG412
      Hello everyone! I hope you are all doing well, like many of you I am waiting to hear back from PA schools to see if I will be invited for an interview. I wanted to seek out constructive criticism and advice on how I can improve my chances of getting an interview not only for this cycle but next cycle if I don't get in. (a little side note I just recently switched from the D.O pathway to the PA route my Junior year and I am extremely happy with the decision but I am behind on the hours as I just switched pathways this winter.)
      Heres some stats from my application
      -Accumulative GPA: 3.62
      -Science GPA: 3.76
      -GRE: 313 Overall / 157 Verbal / 152 Quantattive / 4.0 Writing
      -Shadowing: 4 MDs and PAs for about 20 hours. (this was a struggle as I just started PA shadowing right before the pandemic but hopefully I can add to this in August!)
      -Healthcare Hours with direct patient contact: About 500 hours with about half being a nursing assistant and the other half being an assistant athletic trainer. (Another weak point but I should be close to 700 hours by the time interviews roll around and I could definitely pass 1000 before I matriculate if accepted)
      -Volunteer Hours: A little bit over 100 hours
      -I have a good amount of extracurriculars and leadership roles along with published research (which I am hoping will make up for some of the weak areas of my application)
      Again I appreciate any advice on how I can improve my chances for this cycle and/or next cycle if I (knock on wood) don't get in this year. I wish everyone on here the best in their applications and their journey to becoming a practicing PA!
      Best Regards,
      Shane
    • By PotentialPA1
      I’ve already been gathering my PCE/HCE by volunteering as an EMT, working as a Scribe, and working as a DSP at a home for people with head injuries. So, volunteering at an animal shelter would simply just be my “giving back to the community” addition to my application. I love animals so this would be really satisfying for me to do in my spare time, when I’m not working with humans lol. Would schools look at this at all, or is it just a waste of my time that I should be spending working at a soup kitchen or something? I understand that a soup kitchen would probably be better and I plan on doing something like that once covid is over but for now my friend is starting up her own animal shelter and I would love for this to count for my application and make me look better to schools.

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More