MICHIGAN: University of Michigan- Flint

7 minutes ago, emilyrose81 said:

Hey guys! So I reached out yesterday to ask about what date we should hear by. They said that they are contacting people over the "next few weeks". I didn't get an exact date but I guess the acceptance calls are still ongoing. Don't give up hope! 

Waiting until December sucks! Especially with FAFSA, loans and deciding if I need to enroll in spring classes or not!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kprettig said:

Waiting until December sucks! Especially with FAFSA, loans and deciding if I need to enroll in spring classes or not!

I couldn't agree more. What if some of us are coming from out of state? I mean they had 3 mths to get their list together of the 40 students they wanted and alternates. This is beyond frustrating but I'm not surprised that many people are turning down spots. We applied last CASPA cycle and we are over 6 mths into a new cycle and they are just now sending out acceptances..Beyond frustrating. Hopefully they'll push the start date back a little as well because of COVID and them getting their accreditation so late. Who knows but fingers crossed still 🤞

• Like 1

1 hour ago, emilyrose81 said:

Hey guys! So I reached out yesterday to ask about what date we should hear by. They said that they are contacting people over the "next few weeks". I didn't get an exact date but I guess the acceptance calls are still ongoing. Don't give up hope! 

That's just so vague though to me...that could be December🤦Not to mention they said that as soon as they got their provisional accreditation that they would let us all know a decision and they received that last Monday if I'm not mistaken. 🤷We shall see..still holding out hope though. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DOCRAH said:

I couldn't agree more. What if some of us are coming from out of state? I mean they had 3 mths to get their list together of the 40 students they wanted and alternates. This is beyond frustrating but I'm not surprised that many people are turning down spots. We applied last CASPA cycle and we are over 6 mths into a new cycle and they are just now sending out acceptances..Beyond frustrating. Hopefully they'll push the start date back a little as well because of COVID and them getting their accreditation so late. Who knows but fingers crossed still 🤞

While I can't say for sure about the program, I know UM Flint pushed their winter start date back to Jan. 19th this year. Hopefully that gives a little more time for people to get situated. I'm sure the program will be understanding as well. I know it's not just this program. My friend got called into her program one week before the start date! Just do what you can to prepare in the meantime!

2 hours ago, livjayeick said:

Hi there! I applied for the starting class of 2022. Do any of you have any advice for the interview? It will be virtual.

Be yourself and try to connect as much as possible. Draw from real experience you have to answer their questions. Dress and look nice still. Check your lighting before hand. 

Did they send out interview invite already? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, livjayeick said:

Hi there! I applied for the starting class of 2022. Do any of you have any advice for the interview? It will be virtual.

Personally I searched online questions asked in a PA interview, and then made a typed document with questions and answers. You probably won' be able to cover every single question you find online, but if you can compose strong answers and have kind of a personal bank of experiences to draw from and knowledge/answers you have prepared, it goes much smoother! Of course you want to be yourself and your answers should be genuine, but for me it always helps to be prepared!

The interviewers were also really laid back and they walk you through the process, so it feels really low stress when you're actually interviewing. UM felt the least stressful out of all of my interviews. Just prepare, relax, be yourself, and you'll be great!

Hope this helps 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kprettig said:

Negative ghost rider! I also got the email above and when I contacted them they said the next few weeks. I am just assuming I am waitlisted until the first week of January until I hear other wise! haha

Appreciate the response. It would be nice to know though for sure if we are waitlisted or not...you know just for the sake of knowing but I guess we will still continue to play this waiting game🤦‍♂️

• Like 2

Well I just received my declination email....sucks I had to wait over 3 months for another No when I thought the interview went so well, but I guess it just wasn't meant to be, but I'm kind of not surprised because of the length of time it took. My time will come though somewhere else. Congrats to all those that were accepted. You all will make amazing PA-C's!!! 

Edited by DOCRAH
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2020 at 8:12 AM, DanaJur said:

Anyone hear anything yet regarding people getting off the waitlist? I got my rejection from WMU last week which is kinda making me extra ✨anxious✨

happy holidays😅😅🥰

Not yet! I'll keep an ear out though and let you know if I hear about something! 

Try not to stress too much (I know that next to impossible lol) and enjoy the holidays 🙂

• 5 months later...
On 11/5/2020 at 8:21 AM, Ndiroff1 said:

Personally I searched online questions asked in a PA interview, and then made a typed document with questions and answers. You probably won' be able to cover every single question you find online, but if you can compose strong answers and have kind of a personal bank of experiences to draw from and knowledge/answers you have prepared, it goes much smoother! Of course you want to be yourself and your answers should be genuine, but for me it always helps to be prepared!

The interviewers were also really laid back and they walk you through the process, so it feels really low stress when you're actually interviewing. UM felt the least stressful out of all of my interviews. Just prepare, relax, be yourself, and you'll be great!

Hope this helps 🙂

Hi! Does anyone know if UofM does group interviews, like interviewing mutilple students at the same time? Or is it 1:1 interviews? Thanks!