2015-2016 Wake Forest University Application Thread

Yeah, well I got two emails in between from them saying they were having technical difficulties and would send the supplemental application when they got them fixed. So I have a feeling it won't take quite so long for people who applied later. Thanks, good luck to you too!

i feel like someone has answered this in previous forums but i cant seem to find the post. Does anyone know what the difference is between Boone campus and winston-salem one? I'm not from the area so I have no idea.

Boone is located in the more rural, mountainous region of the state. I would assume that the goal for this location, specifically, is to train PAs that will remain in the more underserved, western portion of the state. The "main" campus is in Winston-Salem which is a moderately sized city.

My CASPA was verified July 16th, emailed the program about the supplemental yesterday and received the link today. Turned off my firewall and still haven't been able to open it with either Firefox or Chrome--anyone have any suggestions? I've emailed the program about the issue.

I had the same as julieping.  I'm having trouble with the IBL question.  I have a concise 478 character answer prepared but I'm worried it's too short because 1. it's on the same page as the CASPA letter, and 2. the box is much larger than the 2500 character responses on the previous page.  Should I keep working this thing to make it longer at the risk of making it too wordy?

A concise, well articulated answer is far more effective than a wordy long winded one. Remember, the people reading these see so many and are subject to the same boredom and fatigue as any of us would be.

cGPA: 3.03

sGPA: 3.14

GRE: 316 (151 Q, 165 V, 4.0)

PCE: 15,480 (8 years Navy corpsman and 3 years ED tech at Johns Hopkins, some time as an EMT as well)

HCE: 7,000 (Navy corpsman, Air Force Reserves)

Other work: 16,428 (5 years Deputy Sheriff, a few years doing odds and ends)

Shadow: 26

Research: 0

Volunteer: 352

GPA isn't the best, but one of Wake Forest's big draws (on top of their outstanding reputation and excellent program) was their holistic review.

• Upvote 2

For those of you who are interviewing September 16th, is anyone arriving somewhat early the day before? I'm looking for someone to explore the area with, so if you are interested in meeting up please let me know. Looking forward to meeting you guys! Good luck to everyone!!