Online Classes-Add to the List!

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone taken online immunology at uc Berkeley extension? What did you think of the professor and class?

I can comment on this as I have just finished the class. If you take this class you better be prepared to spend A LOT of time on it. It is set up so that there are 10 "modules" you complete. After finishing each module you have a homework assignment and a quiz, there are two mid-terms, and a proctored final. The homework assignments are very difficult. One annoying part of the homework is the fact that often you will be asked questions about subjects not covered in the book or in the lecture notes. You are required to find the info via the internet. The instructor was okay but not overly helpful when I had questions. Oh and her grading is very tough. Professor will take off points for the slightest imperfection in your answer. I think I will end up around an A- or B+ but it will be the toughest B+ I ever earned.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Everyone! I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned, but I wanted to bring up Ocean County College in New Jersey. I am currently taking Human Anatomy and Physiology I with lab and Microbiology with lab there. Nothing is in person - everything is online, including labs, midterms, and final. I will be taking A&P II with lab and General Chemistry I with lab over summer. They also offer General Chemistry II with lab online as well as several psychology courses online including Abnormal Psychology, Anthropology, General Biology, Introduction to Statistics, Physics I with lab, and Sociology. I live in California and had no problem taking classes from this college located in New Jersey. Classes are setup well with a lab and quiz (10 questions) due every week. Labs can be a pain in the butt sometimes, but that's to be expected. Professors respond quickly, grade fair and are happy to answer any questions. OOS tuition is expensive, but I felt it was worth it and happy I went to this school. Hope this helps!

i tried emailing the professor at OCC to get more info on chem II but she didn't get back to me yet. The professor for chem II in UNE said there are chapter and lab quizzes and there is a final. All are open book and only the final is timed (but you have up to four hours). She said the mean grade is a B+ and while the class is not actually graded on a curve, an 87-100 is an A- to an A... which is good. It seems like I am leaning towards taking it in UNE because OCC never got back to me. I just wish there was someone here who has taken it... I would take chem II somewhere else, but those two schools seemed to be mentioned often.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Northland Community and Technical College in Northwestern MN offers quite a few online courses through their collaboration with other community colleges in Minnesota. Everything is web based and the people are very happy to help you out. Cost is about $200 per credit for in and out of state residents. http://www.northlandcollege.edu/

Here are just a few courses:

Microbiology

A&P 1 and 2 (200 level)

Medical Terminology

Pharmacology

Pathophysiology

General, Abnormal, and Developmental Psychology

Sociology

Nutrition

Gen Biology

Algebra

Statistics

Calculus I

I wanted to put in a good (nay, GREAT) word for UNE. This is going to sound like an infomercial for UNE, but it has seriously been an excellent experience.

I have taken Bio I, Organic I, Anatomy, Physiology, and Microbiology through them. All included labs. Some of the classes definitely were better than others (Anatomy was far and away the best. Amazing teacher with high quality lecture videos...) Most are simple and involve a lot of either reading or watching powerpoint presentations. Professors have all been very responsive and easy to get ahold of. The classes are completely self-paced, so as long as you can stay on top of your stuff, you have a lot of freedom. I felt like I learned quite a bit, but it is not overly stressful or time-consuming. I have been able to complete each class in about 2 months, including working full time and still having plenty of time for a social life. If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me.

I also go with aav

I want to take biochemistry and i just looked at the list that you put up there (by the way it is very helpful) but I cant find one school that offers the class with the lab. I'm also thinking to re-take my A&P classes because it has been 5 years that i took them but again I cant find a school in which i can do the Lab online. Please Help. you you guys recommend any school?

thank you!!

• 2 weeks later...

Columbus State Community College just opened up an online genetics class for the summer if anyone is interested. I have taken a number of classes that qualify as prereqs there in online and hybrid formats and I think they are pretty good for distance learning. Hope this helps if anyone is interested.

• 3 weeks later...

I am applying this cycle and want to take Anatomy and Physiology II with lab online. After reading through, I see that there are some online programs that offer the course. Has anyone taken a science class with lab completely online and it been accepted by any of the schools you applied to? I know the lecture portion will be ok for certain schools but the lab?

Looking to see if you guys can help me out again :)

Im looking for a Developmental Psych class for this summer, preferable CHEAP :)

Thanks!!!!

I took it through Houston Community College with Boyd(PSYC 2314) and it was very doable.

Out-of-State

Tuition $31 per hour ($50 minimum)

Out-of-State Tuition $59 per hour ($190 minimum)

General Fee $25.50 per hour

General Fee Out-of-State $24.50 per hour

Technology Fee $9.70 per hour

Student Activity Fee $1.00 per hour

($12.00 maximum)

Total $150.70 per hour

http://de.hccs.edu/portal/site/de/

Can anyone provide information regarding an online Patho or Genetics class that is not super expensive? As a post bach seems that I get last pick of every class and they are always full. 2 semesters in a row trying =(

Thank you

You may be already trying this, but I've encountered the same issue when I want to take a course at a community college that I don't attend (very last pick = all classes booked). I rectify this by checking the course listings every single day, usually more than once a day. People usually drop classes as the term approaches. That's probably not the most helpful idea, but don't let a booked class initially discourage you.