Online Classes-Add to the List!

I know it has been mentioned before, but I have to put in a good word for the Colorado Community Colleges Online. I'm going through Arapahoe CC, but you can go through any of the affiliated CCs. It's a little pricey for those of us who are out of state, but it's not terrible. You are required to buy a Labpaq for each of your laboratory sciences, and you do the lab at home, with reports sent in to the instructor. This includes dissection of organisms. Yes, I dissected a fetal pig on my kitchen table last semester, along with a bunch of other creatures.

Incidentally, they offer some sort of guarantee that their online courses will transfer to Colorado universities. I haven't really examined this closely as I'm not planning on PA school in CO, but it might be worth considering for those planning on a CO school.

I took A&P I and BIO II through them last semester; this semester, it's A&P II and Medical Terminology. They may be online courses, but they are not easy. I'll be taking the majority of the rest of my prereqs with them. They don't offer Organic Chemistry or Genetics, so I'm still looking for those.

Edited by RHC81
added info

any word on good courses for Genetics?! I know there is some information in this post, but I am desperately needing a course that can start at any time and not a specified semester start date. I am hopefully starting a PA program this fall with needing to finish genetics prior to the end of this spring semester. any advice guys/gals?

thanks

There are a handful of MNSCU community colleges that have online courses. There is no difference between in-state and out of state cost, but the classes may not be cheap as a result. Be sure to compare colleges as there can and is a price difference even among the same courses. I think it is fruitless for me to post the web addresses as they will probably change and become dead ends in a year or two. To view classes look for course registration or look for current students> Class (or course) schedule> choose a semester and search.

My personal experience with online classes is with Saint Paul College, but I have taken physical and hybrid classes at Minneapolis Tech & Comm (MCTC) and Inver Hills. I plan to take pathophysiology online at MCTC.

Saint Paul College:

Medical Terminology, Nutrition, Abnormal, general, developmental psych

Minneapolis Technical and Community College:

Pathophysiology, General and Developmental Psychology

Anatomy, Physiology, Microbiology, Chem I and II (Be careful as these obviously do not have labs)

Inver Hills:

Abnormal, general, developmental psych

I am also intrigued on how the A&P course at Rio Salado College is? I have taken the pathophysiology course and to be honest it was kind of a joke....way easy! the course entails quizes that you can find the answers to online...but if you want an Easy A...then so be it...but if you want to learn the material...it is not the course for you. just FYI.

any good info about the Anatomy and physiology course at rio salado would be great! thanks

Is that basically how all the classes at this collage go? As far as difficulty?

Biochemistry anyone? Preferably not UNE or Berkeley Extension, not too keen on the pricetag. Seems like none of the CC's here in California offer it in person let alone online. Should've tried a bit harder in college, dangit.

I took it through Kansas State University and it ended up being one of my favorite classes I've ever taken. The professor is Gerald Reeck. He was really helpful/responsive(weekly live chats to review is one example) and the course material was good. It is pricey but that is par for the course. You generally don't see biochem at CCs since it is an upper level science.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I took it through Kansas State University and it ended up being one of my favorite classes I've ever taken. The professor is Gerald Reeck. He was really helpful/responsive(weekly live chats to review is one example) and the course material was good. It is pricey but that is par for the course. You generally don't see biochem at CCs since it is an upper level science.

Oh wow, you were not kidding about the price tag. Hm.. I'll put it on my possible list, thinking about taking it in person at a local state college, just have to work around my work schedule. Thanks!

Oh wow, you were not kidding about the price tag. Hm.. I'll put it on my possible list, thinking about taking it in person at a local state college, just have to work around my work schedule. Thanks!

Luckily my employer offers tuition reimbursement so it didn't cost me anything. That may be something you can look into.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody know of an Intro Physiology course I can take? I don't think an A&P II class would work since I'm in strictly Human Anatomy this semester...or does it? All the CC around are dramatically reducing or cancelling their summer sessions. :(

I know of UNE and Berkeley, but they are pretty pricey. Any personal experiences here?

Edited by nixietink

Anybody know of an Intro Physiology course I can take? I don't think an A&P II class would work since I'm in strictly Human Anatomy this semester...or does it? All the CC around are dramatically reducing or cancelling their summer sessions. :(

I know of UNE and Berkeley, but they are pretty pricey. Any personal experiences here?

Edited by nixietink